IGNORED

Handlebar adjustments...

Has anybody adjusted their handlebars yet? Thinking about changing the angle of my bars to alleviate some of the numbness in my right hand, and wanted to see if anyone else has done this yet.

zi have adjusted mine up works great for me make sure you cover the tank with a thick layer just in case the bars slip down.Very easy to adjust.

Has anybody adjusted their handlebars yet? Thinking about changing the angle of my bars to alleviate some of the numbness in my right hand, and wanted to see if anyone else has done this yet.

I adjusted mine to as low as they will go without hitting the tank on full turn. Leaves my wrists horizontal with good blood flow. When they are that low some of the controls are a little hard to read. I used masking tape and a pencil to mark the original position and kept sample lowering until I had zero numbness. Loosen 3 and use the last for control, with the blanket in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought Rox risers, risers.... great product, pulled back 2 inches and raised a couple inches, best mod I’ve made. Easy install, I took mind back a ways and the bars must be straight to open the fuel cap, otherwise the fuel cap won’t open. You have to be careful with the bars not to turn too much and chance breaking fuel cover..... but no one fuels my bike but me so no problem... You don’t have to bring them that far back.... that’s just my preference.

https://roxspeedfx.com/products/2-pivoting-bar-risers-for-v-twin-bikes This is the right size.

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

Hello All, I just purchased my new 2018 Venture and I would already like to reposition the bars further back. If I purchase the Rox 2 inch risers mentioned above, will I have to get new cables or move them in any fashion? Is there any modifications needed to use these risers? Thanks for you help.

Read an interesting article a few years back about the proper handlebar adjustment, assuming there is such an animal.

Guy said to sit on your bike, close your eyes and wiggle in and get comfortable. Just sit there for a moment. And then slowly reach both hands out in front of you to where it is a comfortable position. Then, open your eyes, and that is where your hand grips should be.

Seems to work okay for me on the RSV. I would like my hands maybe a little higher, but pulling the bars back you lose the height.

I want to thank you guys for your help. I went and purchased the risers in black from the link Greek provided and they were still in stock.They are not in stock at the Rox web store.

Firebirds info on the fit was all I needed to commit to the purchase and I am excited to receive them. Yamaha Larrys advise on getting a good sense of handlebar positioning is spot on .

I think you'll love them. It took me all of about 15 minutes to install and adjust them to my liking. One word of caution, I've read a couple of reports where people dropped the handlebars on their gas tank when loosening the screws. Just be careful and make sure you hold them with one hand before loosening them. Just to make sure, I laid a thick blanket on my gas tank. I removed the screws, let the bars rotate down and sit on the thick blanket on the tank, Installed the risers and then simply lifted the bars into the risers and put a camp on snugly enough to hold the bars but still let me move them until I had them where I liked it.

I think you'll love them. It took me all of about 15 minutes to install and adjust them to my liking. One word of caution, I've read a couple of reports where people dropped the handlebars on their gas tank when loosening the screws. Just be careful and make sure you hold them with one hand before loosening them. Just to make sure, I laid a thick blanket on my gas tank. I removed the screws, let the bars rotate down and sit on the thick blanket on the tank, Installed the risers and then simply lifted the bars into the risers and put a camp on snugly enough to hold the bars but still let me move them until I had them where I liked it.

Smart idea with the blanket! I think I need to get a set of these. I wouldn’t mind being able to lean back just a bit more. As it is now, if I lean back to where I want to, I have my fingers curled over the top of the grips but not a “full grip” if you understand my meaning.

soeaking of “additions/mods” has anyone put one of the taller wider windshields on? I had one in my 91 Venture Royale and liked the extra protection. It also helped the wife not get buffeted so much. The 3rdP one out there right now is 2.5” taller and 4” wider.

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some pictures that I took right after installing mine. Not sure if they show the angle that you are looking for. Mine don't block the NAV screen at all. They do block a couple of the indicator lights at the bottom. I can live with that. These made this about the most comfortable bike I've ever owned.

IMG_1216.jpg IMG_1217.jpg IMG_1218.jpg IMG_1219.jpg IMG_1220.jpg IMG_1222.jpg

• 1 month later...
Here are some pictures that I took right after installing mine. Not sure if they show the angle that you are looking for. Mine don't block the NAV screen at all. They do block a couple of the indicator lights at the bottom. I can live with that. These made this about the most comfortable bike I've ever owned.

Qustion for Freebird,

Based on your experience installing the 2" ROX risers, do you think the control cables and hoses could accomodate the 4" Rox risers?

I need more than the 1.5" rise x 1.5" pullback.

Thank you for your response and for posting the pictures of your mods.

Gary

Sorry, not sure I can answer your question. I didn't really pay much attention to how much more cable I had. I can only tell you that to install mine, I didn't have to pull on anything or re-route anything. They were plenty long with mo binding at all.

• 1 month later...

---

soeaking of “additions/mods” has anyone put one of the taller wider windshields on? I had one in my 91 Venture Royale and liked the extra protection. It also helped the wife not get buffeted so much. The 3rdP one out there right now is 2.5” taller and 4” wider.

On the windshield, I have a taller one on my Eluder as the stock one was buffeting my head a lot. Much better on the new one, although I don't know the height difference offhand. The trade off is I can't see over the top as well.

As to the risers, I got some Roxes for my RoadStar and they are an improvement. I did have some trouble with getting them tight enough not to slip on the chrome. If they do, I will shim the chrome-to-polished aluminum clamps with some wet-or-dry sandpaper. According to the Rox tech I talked too, that's a good solution. I plan on putting some on my Eluder too, but can't until I get back to Colorado in May.

--

• 6 months later...

I bought these risers as well, my issue is that yes they did block the indicators a bit, again like Freebird, I can deal with that, but how much are your hands in your mirrors now? If I remember right I saw in another post that you are a little taller than the average bear so it may not affect you as it would us average (short) people.

I adjusted mine a few times just up & down.. You'll notice that with the fixed mirrors you have the closer your hand gets to the mirror the larger it gets as well.. in other words the only thing I saw in my mirrors were my big hands. So down the bars went.... I wish they had extensions to make the mirrors higher.

Freebird, That is one pretty scoot.....

Maybe I'll win the lottery...

May not have to brother!! I was chatting with a guy out at Sturgis who was riding a new "left over" SVTC that he swore he paid 17k out the door for.. IF what he was saying is true and with the "19" ride season coming to an end,, it would not be to unreasonable to think 15 to 16K cash and no trade-in would buy one IMHO.. :happy34:

May not have to brother!! I was chatting with a guy out at Sturgis who was riding a new "left over" SVTC that he swore he paid 17k out the door for.. IF what he was saying is true and with the "19" ride season coming to an end,, it would not be to unreasonable to think 15 to 16K cash and no trade-in would buy one IMHO.. :happy34:

I hear ya, my friend. Cash in hand would work...but that isn't going to happen at this point in my life.

It's not a :mo money: problem, it's a cash flow problem. After being debt free for years, I've taken on two loans, the truck and the RV trailer. One more payment isn't in the

cards. Sigh. :fiddle: LOL!