IGNORED

Project finished..................

DragonRider

Finished up the Maxim today. Started cleaning and polishing all the chrome and parts that needed to be spruced up. She came out looking pretty good for an old girl. Waiting on the new front brake pads to come in on Monday then she gets new shoes and will be posted up.

Not real sure I want to get rid of it........contemplating selling my 87 Royale and keeping this one for solo riding. It is a blast to ride it....getting back to my roots of riding when I was much younger. It is so light an nimble, makes the Venture feel like a tank. Pictures attached.WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==WkTJrN01AAAABgAAAAAfAAAAEQAAAEUAOgBcAEQAQwBJAE0AXAAxADAAMABDAEEATgBPAE4AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==

IMG_1066.jpg

IMG_1065.jpg

IMG_1064.jpg

IMG_1068.jpg

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1070.jpg

IMG_1071.jpg

IMG_1072.jpg

IMG_1073.jpg

IMG_1074.jpg

IMG_1075.jpg

IMG_1076.jpg

IMG_1077.jpg

Edited by DragonRider

Looks really nice there Lewis. Good job!!! Makes me wonder what I could do with it if I put my hands on it... lol

Eck, anything you would do to it would put me to shame. Of course I didnt take it down to bare bones like you do, I just had to clean 20 years of dirt and grime it accumulated sitting in my friends garage. This was one of the easiest one I brought back to life. Of course its meant to be a daily rider not a showroom or museum piece like yours deserve to be.

Looks great Lewis, really in nice shape! Think I would have a hard time getting rid of it if it was mine. Figure out what you need to get for it and auction it off for St Judes, $20 a ticket for 100 tickets. I would be in for 5!

Craig

Geeze DragonRider, really wish you HADN'T started this thread!

We were feeling quite proud of ourself at 75, opting to ignore The Shame in favor of a 2012 YAMMY MAJESTIC 400 cc Scooter, with no need to lift either leg to slide on the saddle. Then YOU put up pix of a restored Dream Bike from 'Back In The Day', and the hair on our tired old arms stands straight up!!!

Hello, Memories! Yeah, that was/IS one gorgeous bike. We'll never get over the feel of grabbing those handle bars, or simply looking at those pipes. Poor 'Madge'; she's hiding in a corner, trying to be invisible...

Don't you DARE sell that machine!~

Rgds, WRIDR

Well that is the problem, sell the Maxim which is a blast to ride, which was my intention to start with or keep it since Charlene wont ride on a 2 wheeler anymore, she just likes the trike, or sell the 87 Royale which I ride whenever I get the chance and is fun to ride and keep the Maxim which is even more fun to ride, back to basics like I used to ride in my much younger days. Actually when I first got back into riding after moving here from NOLA, the first bike I restored to ridding condition was an 81 Maxim 550. It was a fun bike to ride but a little small for the both of us. I rode it for a while then I purchased a running but cosmetically poor looking Seca 750 Tour which I fixed back up to a nice looking and running bike. Sold the 550 and rode the Seca for a couple of years. I use to ride nothing but Honda but found the Yammies to my liking also. The rest is history and now I am on my 3rd Venture and I kinda want to keep the Maxim. My friend gave me this bike after I convinced him I could bring it back to life and sell if for him and split the profit. So I think the Maxim will sell faster than the Venture, but I think the Maxim will bring more........Cant find many Maxims for sale anywhere, so I have no comps to go by. NADA list it at 2100.00 high retail. Decisions, Decisions, Decisions.............................................:crying::crying::crying:

I didnt take it down to bare bones, I just had to clean 20 years of dirt and grime it accumulated sitting in my friends garage. This was one of the easiest one I brought back to life. Of course its meant to be a daily rider not a showroom or museum piece

You did a great job on it bud. Looks really nice indeed. Hope to see it (and you) in person one day soon..........