IGNORED

Musings while on the road in the Southwest

beastwood

Well, I decided to take the Venture out to visit the Texas Hill country, starting from southern California. I thought I'll take the trip in June to take advantage of "June Gloom", which means overcast skies and cooler temperatures. About the time I hit Tucson, AZ I realized that must be a California thing, cause there was a lot of Sun and temps near 100.

I noticed my mileage was decent. At 68 mph I averaged 46 mpg with airtemps about 100 and not much crosswind.

I tent camped most of the trip, Puc would have been proud, and I discovered three things you always want in the same saddlebag. Your hat, your flip flops, and your phone charger. You don't want to be checking multiple bags and pockets trying to find stuff.

I used a cooling vest for most days. I planned stops every 90 miles but discovered that the cooling vest dries out in just 60 miles. So I adapted accordingly.

In the Texas Hill country I was in contact with both of our members, and was able to meet up with Gray Ghost and his wife for a wonderful visit. Our venture rider family proves valuable in so many ways.

I'm resting up in Needles CA and will head home tomorrow. It was 113 today.

Eastwood out.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:!!!!

Ya done got the palm of my trigger finger hand itching like crazy ya lop eared tent tossing varmint:big-grin-emoticon:!!!!!!! Of course,,,, and you KNOW if I dont say this someone else is gonna so I may as well get it out there:

:bikersmilie::photographing::cop:,,,,

Quick Beast,,, toss something up here so another more :witch_brew: varmint dont hop in here and make with the:

:worthless: stuff

By the way,, gotta ask,, you bump into any of the goathead pickers yet?? Nasty pokers those 3 prong tire stabbers can be!!!

Here are some pbone camera shots from on the road in New Mexico then a sunset from Kerrville in the Texas Hill country. By the way, I got my first look at two jackrabbits running around chafing each other. Just like Bugs Bunny.

20180620_204717_Film1.jpg

20180620_152429_Film1.jpg

20180617_125419_Film1.jpg