IGNORED

Venture to Deluxe strip down. Anyone done it? New here. Cheers! ;-)

Hello all,

I've got a 2005 Venture but was seriously considering stripping it down to just the saddlebags and windshield cruiser look of the deluxe. Has anyone done this that has photos or insight? The removal of the front fairing and trunk looks difficult but I'm not sure. Cheers for your time! Nice to have found you guys!

Robb

Reno, NV, U.S.

Hi Robb,

Not sure that will work...at least without a LOT of effort. I assume you are talking about the 2nd Gen Royal Star Venture...a 2005.

The Front upper fairing contains the audio system. It is of 2 pieces. The front outer fairing comes off easily. The inner fairing can be removed as well...but you will have to take off the skeleton metal framework as well. But then you will need to fabricate a way to hold the headlight, windshield, etc..

The lower fairings contain lots of electronics and things. But I imagine by just unplugging the electricals and taking the stuff off, then relocating the necessary things it can be done. You will lose the cruise control, one of the fuse blocks will have to be relocated, etc..

Interesting project for sure. If you decide to do this, please take lots of pics and keep us in the loop.

And I guess if you get down that far, you can keep going and make a bobber if you want as well!

Hopefully tomorrow someone more knowledgeable about tearing down an RSV will chime in....

P.S. do a search and look for older posts on taking the fairings off. There is a 2nd Generation technical library near the bottom of the forums page....info in there about things as well.

Probably not the bike to start with. You would have better luck stating with a tour deluxe. As mentioned lots of electronics in the fairing. Radio, intercom, CB, plus tons of wiring for lights and some other things. Then the leg fairing have more goodies in them like relays and fuses for things and cruise control electronics. But its your dime. If you wanted a stripper bike should have maybe looked at a stratoliner.