IGNORED

Anybody ever heard of these

Biker Bob

Cant say that I have, but I have heard a lot about some bikes burning holes in their pistons with specialty plugs like splitfires and whatnot. I dont know how true that is but me I'll stick with the good ole NGK's and not worry about it

:)

Ditto.............:no-no-no:

Cant say that I have, but I have heard a lot about some bikes burning holes in their pistons with specialty plugs like splitfires and whatnot. I dont know how true that is but me I'll stick with the good ole NGK's and not worry about it

??? Just an observation, but, it seems to me, that if a spark plug is manufactured to the same dimensional and heat range criteria stipulated by a vehicle manufacturer, I question how such damage can occur. The only scenario I believe plausible would be one that improves the ignition (spark) to such a degree that fuel mixture adjustments that are not made to compensate (particularly a lean condition) would then potentially cause piston burning as described. (basically, they picked the wrong plug)

I would expect such an improvement in the effectiveness of the spark would show up immediately in rpm change, possibly exhaust odor, engine temp, etc.

Looking at the advertising for the Pulstar, the difference in available spark voltage would be SO pronounced that I would think the mixture would surely have to change!

Conversely, if there was that much improvement in combustion, the potential improvement in fuel consumption/MPG with re-tuning might well make it worth taking a hard look at!

I don't know, that's all my conjecture. I probably wouldn't, just on economics. I think the things go for $35 apiece or some such. I would also like to see more empirical data from actual use, before I went too far with them.

That's my take on it, such as it is.

Steve,

I can appreciate where your coming from, but it seems that there are so many "NEW" gadgets that come out that it's hard to follow many of them. I fell into the Irridium plugs gimmick and spent $35 on spark plugs that just made me $35 more broke. I suppose I am a doubting Thomas in the fact that many new ideas dont seem to be worth a darn. I know progress isn't made that was, but there are lots of unscroupulous p[eople that care nothing more than to part you from your money.

BTW....I did like the Empirical line too :happy34:

• 12 years later...

CLEAR; CLEAR. ZAP! this thread has a pulse, maybe.

I've recently seen more on the Plustar plugs, it came up on another forum and it seems there is still not a lot of good reading. A lot of what I have seen is somewhat mixed. I'm personally sticking to the NGKs until something is PROVEN better, but this is interesting.

Is anyone using these?

Is there any notable difference?

Quantifiable evidence?

Anecdotal evidence?

Anyone know of any other credible source of good information on these. If not then I'll put this thread back face down in the ditch were I found it. :puzzled: :happy65:

Thanks.

I'm skeptical. I just went to their web site and watched their video on how this plug supposedly works. I'd like to read FlyingFools response to this subject because they claim it has a capacitor inside the plug. I don't understand how a capacitor would work in this service.