IGNORED

PORK IN THE PINES comming in September

Bubber

Well it is time for me to start the invite to the PIP in LaPorte MN on August 31st thru Sept 3rd.

39180 Old Oaktree Drive

LaPorte, Minnesota 56461

Bikes, pork, riding, good conversation and friends, and then of course there is an occasional adult beverage.

People can start arriving on the 31st and stay till Grampagak and Grammagak throw our butts out on Monday or Tuesday.

We hope to have a good turnout this year and celebrate the good people that come from where ever they come from.

we usually have a auction to help raise additional funds to support the event, so if you are inclined bring an item to auction off. The auctioneer is a wonder person that is humble and not to crazy.

Hope to see a bunch of new people to share the wonders of motorcycling and eating freshly cooked pork.

I hope to see you there, you are all invited.

it would be great if you could let me know so we have enough food for all the meals.

God bless and have a great summer.

The one and only

Bubber

Edited by Bubber
add address

PS there may be those Canadians there so be nice to them they seem to be pretty sensitive to being insulted by the President. LOL

Bubber

I have updated the original post and added it to the calendar for more information.

Edited by Bubber

• 2 weeks later...
I would like to come if I'm invited back and I can bring MacGyver (Garry) too.

You have to bring MacGyver that is the only way we will let YOU in !!!!!!

Great! glad to have some requlars (not meaning normal) back,

Bubber

• 2 weeks later...

Come on folks are you not reading this or just don't think you can't make it??

Hard to plan without a idea of how many to get food for.

I am pressing onward and upward. figuring that me and Gary are going to live high off the HOG on Labor Day Weekend.

Bubber

aka Steve

Hey Bubber, I miss you guys!

I wish we could make it but I'm afraid both Becky and I have gotten just a little too old for long weekend trips any more. It is a great time there and we did indeed enjoy ourselves when we went!

Who knows, maybe some year we will cage it up...

As always Bongo you and Becky are always welcome and YES we had a great time meeting and enjoying your company. Oh ya and fibbing about MC. LOL

MC, Cage, airplane it don't matter your always welcome.

Come one, come all.

Bubber.

I just happened to stop at Gary's yesterday when I was out with the Scamp trying it out by touring northern Minnesota.

He is getting ready to clean out the garage when he gets back from the trip to see his son.

We are proceeding with PIP just like we do every year. some can make other can't. As usual I plan on having a great time and enjoying everyone's company.

Telling jokes, lies and the usual BS'ing about bikes, rides and what has been happening in our lives.

Sorry to here Tom and Terry can't make it, maybe this year we will have more Americans than Canadians, We will miss you guys.

Good people and great fun!

Bubber

We'll miss y'all too. Hope everyone has a great time with great weather.

I just happened to stop at Gary's yesterday when I was out with the Scamp trying it out by touring northern Minnesota.

He is getting ready to clean out the garage when he gets back from the trip to see his son.

We are proceeding with PIP just like we do every year. some can make other can't. As usual I plan on having a great time and enjoying everyone's company.

Telling jokes, lies and the usual BS'ing about bikes, rides and what has been happening in our lives.

Sorry to here Tom and Terry can't make it, maybe this year we will have more Americans than Canadians, We will miss you guys.

Good people and great fun!

Bubber

HERE IS MORE SHAMELESS PROMOTION OF PORK IN THE PINES. Labor Day weekend 2018 in Laporte Minnesota.

Well we are only about a month away from PIP and I have heard from just a few that normally attend.

I am proceeding to gather supplies and get everything I need for at least me and Gary to have a feast. LOL

Still plenty of time to make plans on getting there. As always we will have a good time with whoever shows up.

Pig was ordered and I'll be picking it up on the Friday before Labor Day.

BTW why do they call it Labor Day if no one works?

I know a lot of you are having personal issues this year that may interfere with your attendance, just to let you know we are always here if you need a little help or just a friendly ear to vent to.

We hope this situations get resolved and your able to attend.

We will be posting Black Owl's famous picture as we did last year to honor him. we miss him and his great company at this gathering of friends and to be friends.

God Bless my friend, we miss you!

Hope to see you there. If not, drive safe and have a great time where ever you may be. Just think of us and the great time you are missing.

This gathering is usually to celebrate the end of Summer but lets think of it a honoring those that we have lost in this and previous years. Those that we have known and met or maybe just have had a email conversation with.

God Bless them all and we honor their contributions to this site and our lives for having know them. Rest in peace our fellow VenturRiders.

Let's honor their lives by celebrating them instead of morning them.

Remember all the stupid, funny things they did or funny stories they told.

Remember the good times we had with them and them with us.

I am sure you all have special stories about someone we lost, make sure you tell it to others where ever you are this Labor Day. Honor them by sharing the great times we have all had together.

I don't know all their names but here is a shout out to those that we have lost, and we will remember you at our gatherings that come.

We HONOR YOU our friends!!!!!!!!

Bubber

aka Steve

Edited by Bubber

• 3 weeks later...
That address you provided does not show up in my Google maps. I'm trying to talk my wife into letting me go for the weekend.

We will have a bunch of bikes out front. If you still can't locate it on the map give another shout and we will get you some better directions.

Well time is getting closer, so get your permissions from your brides and or bring them along.

This is a semi-family rated event (I think). Not sure if we actually had anyone under 13 at one of these so take it from that.

All are welcome. After such a hot Summer I am looking forward to a little cooler weather.

I want to make sure that all that can attend do so!

We have had a couple of KEY cancellations do to family related issues but we wish them all the best in their particular situations or thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope some others can pull in the slack and help out when and where needed. Just like you have always done in the past.

Time to celebrate and have a great time with our friends and NEW to be friends.

I'll be getting supplies next week after my daughters visit, so basically, IT IS ON !!!!!!!! WOOPPIE-KI-A KI-OOOOOO !!!!!!!!

Stay safe and ride on my friends. See you when we see you.

Bubber

PS there may be those Canadians there so be nice to them they seem to be pretty sensitive to being insulted by the President. LOL
Why just cuss he calls us snow Mexicans. I know far too many great folks and have too many cherished friends south of the border to let the comments of one person get under my skin and I believe most Canadians see it the same way. I just hope that all us everyday folk see past the politics on both sides of the border and don't start butt'n heads over it.

P/S one day I hope to make the trip from Ontario to PIP and meet more of the good folk from the land south of our border in the mean time I hope all that show up at PIP have one heck of a great time.