IGNORED

Had to sit down and cry.

Sylvester

I have totally remodelled one of our bedrooms (guest) and spent a great deal of money on the improvements. Complete paint from ceiling to floor, removed carpet and levelled floors, installed maple hardwood like rest of house, and completed quarter round for the finish. My wife bought a new "antique brass finished head and footboard, along with new box spring and pillow top mattress. Now all should be right with the world...until UPS shows up with a package for the Mrs. Parks. "Honey, I have something for you":bighug:, and she says it is the new light and fan for the bedroom :think: , but you said you didn't want a fan in the room:doh:.

Well the short story is that I began the project this morning. Wish I slept in. Open and immediately ascertain that parts are missing in the screws and bolts category.:happy65: Oh boy a trip to Home Depot (since I hate waiting for parts :no-no-no:. Get back with my booty and start the process. Read completely through the manual and proceeded and actually everything went together well. Time to hang the fan on the socket I installed and that went great so I proceeded.:happy65: Wired all up and installed fan blades :banana: looking forward to other projects. Need only to slide cover dome up to ceiling and tighten.:bang head: Can't get to screws to remove to be able to tighten cover:no-no-no:. Frustrated I go back to manual to study:detective: and one page after the installation procedure IT SAYS remove one cover screw from bracket and loosen the other:depressed:. Now I start to :crying: and :crying: because I have to go back to square one and remove all I have done including the wiring:crying::crying::crying:. I am getting a very positive dislike for Chinese made products:thumbsup2:.

I finished the install and went to get beer:beer:.

The beer was good and the fan looks better because the beer was good.:thumbsup:

:farmer:

I feel for you. I installed a new light/fan a while back and I was amazed at how much time it took. I had to drill some new holes in the circuit box for the new screws. And then it didn't work. So, I wired it up directly bypassing the remote circuitry and it worked. So, I went back to Home Depot with the remote gadget receiver that was inside the housing and they gave me another one out of another fan's box. Came back home and that one worked. It was a lot more work than I ever imagined.

Happy Fathers Day. LOL I have spent my first 2 days of "summer vacation" from work Painting tongue a groove planks we are installing on our ceiling on the patio. Today I started and got about 16' by 1.5' wide. Way more time consuming than a fellow would think.

“Assumption” is the mother of all screw ups. Been there & done that which is why I learned LONG ago, READ THE DIRECTIONS FIRST. It seems everytime I “assumed” something was straight forward and would be easy, the Chinese threw an unexpected twist and botched up my expectations.

Well, at least you got a few “cold ones” out of the deal!

I feel for you. I installed a new light/fan a while back and I was amazed at how much time it took. I had to drill some new holes in the circuit box for the new screws. And then it didn't work. So, I wired it up directly bypassing the remote circuitry and it worked. So, I went back to Home Depot with the remote gadget receiver that was inside the housing and they gave me another one out of another fan's box. Came back home and that one worked. It was a lot more work than I ever imagined.

Try installing 10 recessed LED lighting cans in the kitchen PLUS under cabinet and above cabinet lighting with touch controls! Each of the cans had to have joist spanners installed for the cans to mount to. Cutting the ceiling drywall holes made an unholy MESS! Chalk dust EVRYWHERE. The next few days after install were nothing but cleaning. Yuck!

At least when I have to cut holes in walls or ceilings, Cleaning is NOT part of my job description...........

It is my job to make the unholy mess and install the cool new features.........

Great if you can get away with it:duck:

Maybe im strange and that’s why my marriage has lasted 32 yrs. she’s my “partner” not my SERVANT.

At least when I have to cut holes in walls or ceilings, Cleaning is NOT part of my job description...........

It is my job to make the unholy mess and install the cool new features.........

Great if you can get away with it:duck:

Yeah but you didn't get away with it in the basement. :duck: :duck: :rotfl:

Just so it didn't leak any oil on your Tony Llamas[emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dave, I needed that. By the way I found a real shyster and said he'd take my case for a $grand. They aren't that expensive new, so you are off the hook...for now.

:farmer:

Maybe im strange and that’s why my marriage has lasted 32 yrs. she’s my “partner” not my SERVANT.

Servant, Oh heck no, That is just how we work together. I do what I do well and she does what she does well.

Yeah but you didn't get away with it in the basement. :duck: :duck: :rotfl:

You obviously have never been in my basement............