IGNORED

Dead on the side of the road!!!

Soooo, here we go again! Only this time it's something different. The bike has been running great, until a couple of days ago when we stopped for gas and when I hit the start button all I got was clicking. Dead battery! Got a jump and made the last 8 miles to home. So I did a bunch of research here on VR, and tested the stator to find a dead lead. Order a new stator, removed the old one to find a very toasty winding. Now just waiting for parts. Guess we weren't meant to ride this year. Thanks to all you poor members that had to go through this before me and wrote all the great info so the rest of us knew what to look for. This is a great family. Now, would anyone like to come over and put my trike back together? lol.

I'll be right over, hey! I got two days with nothing on the plan as of yet. So where is it that you live? got to be within 1 hrs ride or else! and I got to know if Robin is home, if she is then I'll have to consider some more.

All kidding aside, would love to come and do it for you even, but maybe better not.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'll be right over, hey! I got two days with nothing on the plan as of yet. So where is it that you live? got to be within 1 hrs ride or else! and I got to know if Robin is home, if she is then I'll have to consider some more.

All kidding aside, would love to come and do it for you even, but maybe better not.

Have to wait for the parts to get here,about a week. And yes robin will be here .

Sent from my SM-J320V using Tapatalk

Wow! A wife, 12 maidens in waiting and Carl is still wanting more. Thinking Carl's favorite 8 track goes like this:

"See me ride out of the sunsetOn your color TV screen

Out for all that I can get

If you know what I mean

Women to the left of me

And women to the right

Ain't got no gun

Ain't got no knife

Don't you start no fight

'Cause I'm T.N.T. I'm dynamite

T.N.T. and I'll win the fight

T.N.T. I'm a power load

T.N.T. watch me explode" ;)

Have to wait for the parts to get here,about a week. And yes robin will be here .

Oh crap, and next week I'm all tied up. So sorry to miss out on Robin, or was that the other way around.

Now what was it you wanted help with again?

Wow! A wife, 12 maidens in waiting and Carl is still wanting more. Thinking Carl's favorite 8 track goes like this:

"See me ride out of the sunsetOn your color TV screen

Out for all that I can get

If you know what I mean

Women to the left of me

And women to the right

Ain't got no gun

Ain't got no knife

Don't you start no fight

'Cause I'm T.N.T. I'm dynamite

T.N.T. and I'll win the fight

T.N.T. I'm a power load

T.N.T. watch me explode" ;)

What is an 8 track?

Steamer, I just happen to have a brand new stator in the box if you want to borrow it until yours comes in. Actually, you can have it and give me yours when it comes in. I might, or may not have the gasket you need too...

I'm kind of busy otherwise I would indeed come over and fix it for you!

Steamer, I just happen to have a brand new stator in the box if you want to borrow it until yours comes in. Actually, you can have it and give me yours when it comes in. I might, or may not have the gasket you need too...

Any wonder why this forum has such a bad vibe reputation? Carl making time for Robin, but Steamer can't ride, so Bongo is offering riding time to Steamer so Carl can have tea with Robin... So obvious

What a nice jester;)

Thanks Bob, new one will be here soon.

Any wonder why this forum has such a bad vibe reputation? Carl making time for Robin, but Steamer can't ride, so Bongo is offering riding time to Steamer so Carl can have tea with Robin... So obvious

What a nice jester;)

So what are friends for? We help out where we can,,,,, and then some, if it gets the mojo going.