IGNORED

2011 rsv

I agree that carb sync is the first thing to do. There were also some issues with some of these bikes where there was a bad weld on the exhaust. Most were on the left side right where the two pipes merge. Pinhole leak that allowed them to suck in air and cause them to do that. With it idling, you can usually feel if there is a leak there. If so a simple solution is to clean that area with a wire brush and put a little JB Weld on it. It's on the back side so doesn't show.

I agree that carb sync is the first thing to do. There were also some issues with some of these bikes where there was a bad weld on the exhaust. Most were on the left side right where the two pipes merge. Pinhole leak that allowed them to suck in air and cause them to do that. With it idling, you can usually feel if there is a leak there. If so a simple solution is to clean that area with a wire brush and put a little JB Weld on it. It's on the back side so doesn't show.

Freebird

Funny you mention that. I noticed a leak right in that same area on mine. I actually replaced the gaskets on both sides thinking that was it but it is still leaking on the left side. I'm going to have to check that out.