IGNORED

Bought my 2nd Royal Star, this time I wanted a Venture!

AABBCC

I'm new to the forum, but no stranger to the Royal Star. Eventually traded my RSTD for a car some years ago and now it's time for another one. This time, I want the Venture and so the search began. Online, local, classifieds, marketplace etc and of course by doing so, I came across https://Rumbleon.com. Hesitant to buy online and have the bike shipped, I kept looking. After about a month, I circled back after reading more about their company, warming up to the idea of their online business model, making sure they were legit. (BTW, I don't work for and I'm not affiliated in any way other than I'm an actual customer)

After I paid my online deposit I got a call explaining two details. First, bike had just been picked up from the customer and was on it's way to NPA for processing, which takes a few days. Second, upon arrival to NPA, a condition report needed to be completed. This also takes a few days.

Just got the condition report today. 1999 Venture w/20k miles for $2,988 free shipping no dealer fee. I can back out now and get a full refund or if I commit, I'll have 3 days upon it's arrival to decide to keep it or restock it. $500 restocking fee.

I think I'll roll the dice on this one!

Paid by Visa over the phone with all the paperwork being sent to me next day air for me to sign and return. The bike will then travel to the Atlanta hub and on to my house!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112890[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112891[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112892[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112893[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112894[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112895[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112896[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112897[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112898[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112899[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112900[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112901[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112904[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112905[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112902[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112903[/ATTACH]

Edited by AABBCC

Looks to be in great shape.

I would suggest that you check with Yamaha regarding a TSB or recall on the trunk mount to see if your VIN was affected/fixed. The 1999 year had issues with the bottom of the trunk cracking and there were supports or a rubber piece added to prevent cracking.

Congratulations !

I'll check the VIN on the frame against the VIN on the motor when it arrives. From what I've gathered, the seller was from AZ, bike was kept garaged and they rode an average of 1k miles per year.

Over the last 3 months I've been shopping hard for a RSV, and never seen one in those colours. The '99 colourway was this:

venture2.jpg

Sysop's bike isn't the '09 colourway either. They were a brighter Candy Red over metallic black Raven.

Has anyone else seen the cowl around the ignition/gas cap painted body colour?

It could have been repainted for any number of reasons though. Owner wanted something unique? Hail damage? Who knows. Who cares, if the bike is in good shape? So long as the dealer isn't passing off a salvage titled ride as something else.

If the condition is good for the money (and that's a fairly low price, certainly less than we'd pay up here), I say...

Buy It.

Ride It.

Smile.

Are the bikes from this company mostly insurance repairs or write offs.

I only ask because I noticed an "adjuster log in" also some of the bikes for sale appear to be missing parts , (eg front wheel fenders).

Also the bike pictured above has a red/ grey paint job but the leg guards are a different colour. Never seen that on any Yamaha RSTD or Venture. The leg guards are usually same colours as the main bike.

Still a beautiful bike though & one helluva deal! Congratulations, hope it serves you well.

I just checked the color code for 1999 and it is a 99 color. Sysop I have on hand a few of the light visors that your bike is missing. If you want them let me know and we can go from there.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112910[/ATTACH]

Once I get the bike road worthy I'll check back with you about those light visors!

Are the bikes from this company mostly insurance repairs or write offs.

I only ask because I noticed an "adjuster log in" also some of the bikes for sale appear to be missing parts , (eg front wheel fenders).

Also the bike pictured above has a red/ grey paint job but the leg guards are a different colour. Never seen that on any Yamaha RSTD or Venture. The leg guards are usually same colours as the main bike.

Still a beautiful bike though & one helluva deal! Congratulations, hope it serves you well.

I don't see an "adjuster log in". I do see a "dealer log in" What website did you go to? I'm buying from Rumbleon.com not from npauctions.com [ATTACH=CONFIG]112911[/ATTACH]

If anything my experience with Rumbleon.com will help others, be it positive or negative. I'll post back my findings as they unfold.

Apparently they buy sight unseen based on the VIN and perhaps a questioner. No sales rep visits the seller, it's all done by phone/email/mail. Once a deal has been struck the bike is picked up by Rumbleon or a partner and taken to a clearing house (NPA) where it waits to ship out to the buyer or is sold off at auction.

Edited by AABBCC

I wonder if someone put an 09 body on a 99 salvage title. If they said it checks out good and you like the way it drives and handles you got a steal regardless. That is beautiful.

It comes with a 90-Day Rideability Warranty what ever that means. I'll find out more once I get the paper work tomorrow. [ATTACH=CONFIG]112912[/ATTACH]

It looks great and is probably nice BUT...I PROMISE you that is NOT a 1999 color. It really doesn't look like a re-paint but it could be. I agree that it appears that somebody has changed all the bodywork. I would certainly want to know why if it were me.

It looks great and is probably nice BUT...I PROMISE you that is NOT a 1999 color. It really doesn't look like a re-paint but it could be. I agree that it appears that somebody has changed all the bodywork. I would certainly want to know why if it were me.

The reason I suspect a repaint (which looks like a good one - even the coachlines between the two colours look good) is that I can't find that colour combo listed for ANY year of RSV. Nor for the RSTD? The silver looks a lot like the Titanium Silver found on 99's, but that was with a lighter silver underneath. Plus the painted cowling ahead of the gas cap.

Edited by SilveradoCA

I'm intrigued by the notion about the paint/body. Here are some close ups. I see the windshield and exhaust are custom so I'm thinking the paint may also be custom. Engine guards and the clutch lever show it's been dropped, and from the looks of it, it was while the bike was stationary. They offer extended warranties, which I'm inquiring about now. On a bike this old it'll pay for it's self in the long run!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]112933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112925[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112926[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112927[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112928[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112930[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112929[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112931[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]112932[/ATTACH]

A stationary drop would not cause grooves like that. It was more than likely a low-speed parking lot drop, or possibly a low to medium speed one.

Your most recent pictures reveal the repaint wasn't as good as I thought, but so what!! For the price you paid and the mileage, cosmetics should be of little concern. The mechanical condition should be what is important!

I still think you done good...