IGNORED

Magellan Gps On Woot

Condor

Hey Condor,

How are you? Great I hope..

Yep, I've been looking at GPS units, and have my sites on the Zumo 550.

I noticed on this one, that all the Pre-loaded U.S. maps are from the 1st quarter of 2007

Not sure if one can update this....

I am also looking for one with an MP3 player, with about 6,000 plus POI, and tells you the name of the road to turn on.

Hey Condor,

How are you? Great I hope..

Yep, I've been looking at GPS units, and have my sites on the Zumo 550.

I noticed on this one, that all the Pre-loaded U.S. maps are from the 1st quarter of 2007

Not sure if one can update this....

I am also looking for one with an MP3 player, with about 6,000 plus POI, and tells you the name of the road to turn on.

Doing good Eck... for an OF... :) I guess it might be prudent to check out the WOOT comments on the thing. Also a Google would probably help. I personally wouldn't buy one until I knew for sure......

A Google would probably help.

I personally wouldn't buy one until I knew for sure......

Man I've been looking and looking at so many different GPS units, reading all I can, reading all the comments sections on every search engine I can find AND looking at prices..

I find it amazing that one palce will sell this GPS unit fo $1,500 and another for $650.00

and yet they are the same product...amazing there is such a wide spread increase in the market place to rip people off..

Here is an excellent GPS at a very good price. I use it on my RSV and it works very well. It has an FM modulator so you can listen through the RSV speakers or the headset. It is excellent, with only one drawback. It is not waterproof. I cover it with a plastic bag and it does great. It also has an MP3 player and other options.

http://www.compubizusa.com/product.asp?pf_id=010-00540-00&shop

You can get a holder for just about any GPS to fit the Ram mount. I have used Lowrance, Magellan, and Garmin GPS on my RSV. I have used the same Ram mount and only change the GPS holder. It only takes about a minute to change the holders. Also, on the GPS I mentioned above, the Garmin Nuvi 660, it also has Bluetooth. It has everything the Zumo has minus the XM radio and being waterproof. But it cost only half of what a Zumo cost. Plus the antenna for the radio on the Zumo is about another $175.

In every motorcycle GPS discussion, every unit gets compared to the Zumo 450/550. If you can swing the money, you will never go wrong with the premier product. The cost is the only downside to the Zumo - and eventually, you forget about the money. If you don't end up with the features your want, or the quality is not there, or ..... you remember that for a long time.

The Zumo has been flawless for 2 years in use in both the bike and the truck. I'm glad I spent the extra for it. Also, the mounts are excellent for both (both come with the Zumo).

Just my $0.02.

RR