IGNORED

Had a great ride to Gananoque, but didn't go over the back-up Thousand Island Bridge!

....had a great ride...beautiful early morning start. 53-55 F....needed some heated seat and grip lovin'...some low lying fog, near Grimsby, but that soon cleared out to a star filled nights-cape.

Had some breakfast in Kingston, then headed for what I thought was going to be a non-eventful crossing. Wrong...they are repaving/rebuilding lane-ways...and quite frankly, in late May, on a Tuesday, didn't think there EVER was going to be enough traffic volume to worry much about anything. Wrong again!

So....enjoyed the Thousand Island Parkway....very much enjoyed my riding time to Gan..and home from Gan...all in great, sunny 82F weather. By late afternoon, when I got home, I wanted to wash the bugs and dust off, from the trip, so spent an hour or so washing, and detailing the SVTC. I have now (in these pictures), a base coat of pre-sealer, paint sealant, and now 4 coats of Mother's California Gold hard Carnabua. I have used Mother's brand of washes and waxes for years. Have had great luck in them. I then did a chrome and nickel plate polish of all that glitters. So the following pics, are just after I went in for a glass of water...and then back out, to put stuff away. Going up north somewhere on Friday...and on Saturday, have Charlotte booked in for her 600 mile (I am way past that...closer to the full 1000 mile release from break in.)

I can't tell you how much, this bike has generated as a topic of conversion, not only from other biker's naturally, but even from the general public...or older chaps that come up to me, with a tear in their virtual eye, telling me how much my motorcycle reminds them of this or that Muscle Car, of their youth. I always get that it is a very attractive bike...and so, kudo's to the Yamaha design team for the flow and the Tupperware. Anyways, thought to share a few pics of how Charlotte looks, cleaned up. I certainly have no issues with any square inch of the factory paint job. Just too bad that my first view...was less than happy. Was it the dealer's employee that added scratches and swirls to the Clear Coat? Was it the guy at the factory? That, I'll never know...but at least in ownership so far...all imperfections have been buffed out.

Yes..I own it...so my view is probably biased...but honestly...I think it is a very, very beautiful bike, from the tip of the Shark' Head, to the drop off of the Tour Trunk. A most handsome bike!

Post Edit: "I've decided to, at the 600 mile service to have them put in the YamaLube Full Synthetic, 15W50. I'm keeping this bike, for a long....long....long time, and want her life's blood started off, out of break in...just what she is going to have coursing through her veins, for Life!" :)

100_2932.jpg

100_2933.jpg

100_2934.png

100_2936.png

Edited by YamahaParExcellence

Got Char looking WOWZY WOW WOW WOW :178: there Yamster!!! Thank you for the ride report and pics,, enjoyed the ride along!! You mentioned roadwork,,, thinking of possibly headed to Dogmans in Gimsby for that Rally (to bad Chars going in for a health check,, would LOVED to have met the two of you there). If we are able to go, we will come over on 403 to the Lincoln Alexander and hook a right,, over to the Red Hill Valley PKway and hook a left, up to QEW and hook a right and over to Gimsby.. Any thoughts on road conditions along that trail?

....had a great ride...beautiful early morning start. 53-55 F....needed some heated seat and grip lovin'...some low lying fog, near Grimsby, but that soon cleared out to a star filled nights-cape.

Had some breakfast in Kingston, then headed for what I thought was going to be a non-eventful crossing. Wrong...they are repaving/rebuilding lane-ways...and quite frankly, in late May, on a Tuesday, didn't think there EVER was going to be enough traffic volume to worry much about anything. Wrong again!

So....enjoyed the Thousand Island Parkway....very much enjoyed my riding time to Gan..and home from Gan...all in great, sunny 82F weather. By late afternoon, when I got home, I wanted to wash the bugs and dust off, from the trip, so spent an hour or so washing, and detailing the SVTC. I have now (in these pictures), a base coat of pre-sealer, paint sealant, and now 4 coats of Mother's California Gold hard Carnabua. I have used Mother's brand of washes and waxes for years. Have had great luck in them. I then did a chrome and nickel plate polish of all that glitters. So the following pics, are just after I went in for a glass of water...and then back out, to put stuff away. Going up north somewhere on Friday...and on Saturday, have Charlotte booked in for her 600 mile (I am way past that...closer to the full 1000 mile release from break in.)

I can't tell you how much, this bike has generated as a topic of conversion, not only from other biker's naturally, but even from the general public...or older chaps that come up to me, with a tear in their virtual eye, telling me how much my motorcycle reminds them of this or that Muscle Car, of their youth. I always get that it is a very attractive bike...and so, kudo's to the Yamaha design team for the flow and the Tupperware. Anyways, thought to share a few pics of how Charlotte looks, cleaned up. I certainly have no issues with any square inch of the factory paint job. Just too bad that my first view...was less than happy. Was it the dealer's employee that added scratches and swirls to the Clear Coat? Was it the guy at the factory? That, I'll never know...but at least in ownership so far...all imperfections have been buffed out.

Yes..I own it...so my view is probably biased...but honestly...I think it is a very, very beautiful bike, from the tip of the Shark' Head, to the drop off of the Tour Trunk. A most handsome bike!

Post Edit: "I've decided to, at the 600 mile service to have them put in the YamaLube Full Synthetic, 15W50. I'm keeping this bike, for a long....long....long time, and want her life's blood started off, out of break in...just what she is going to have coursing through her veins, for Life!" :)

https://s31.postimg.cc/j3y27eavf/100_2932.jpg

https://s31.postimg.cc/4kqx5zpgb/100_2933.jpg

https://s31.postimg.cc/i1nvovumz/100_2934.png

https://s31.postimg.cc/wkv0qavhn/100_2936.png

Great report! Thanks for sharing Joe. I couldn’t agree with you more, I LOVE the lines and look of this bike. You enjoyed it so far, but wait until you don’t have to worry about “babying her” in the throttle. You’re in for a treat in Sport Mode! Looking forward to meeting you someday and riding with you. Get a few of these bad boys riding together...SWEET!

You mentioned roadwork,,, thinking of possibly headed to Dogmans in Gimsby for that Rally If we are able to go, we will come over on 403 to the Lincoln Alexander and hook a right,, over to the Red Hill Valley PKway and hook a left, up to QEW and hook a right and over to Gimsby.. Any thoughts on road conditions along that trail?

Hey Puc. There are two seasons here :snow2: And CONSTRUCTION.......You may and probably will come across lane restrictions and major infrastructure/road repairs going on in several places along that route. They do a pretty good job of trying to keep things moving but as they say "Expect delays." That said, it shouldn't be to bad on a Saturday, with lighter traffic and fewer of the construction companies working on Saturday. The traffic volume on the QEW can be heavy on the weekend depending on how many people are heading to Niagra and the crossings for the USA, as there really is only the one major route to get there.

Coming down from the great white north part of my route will follow what your taking. I don't expect anything major.

Something to remember about THAT BRIDGE: there is NO 'Light Traffic' period for it... EVER! And that's without taking into consideration any roadwork. The BIG problem is TRUCKS. That's the major N/S route for all Canadian East Coast traffic down into the States (and vice versa). The only thing worse is when you end up behind one of those Airstream Caravans - plenty of them also on the route.

Btw: it's encouraging to hear the road surface is being improved, hopefully removing the steel rail sections that have terrified Bikers for decades. (Disclaimer: it's been ten years since our last crossing; they may already be history.)

What they cannot remove/improve is the pitch of that Bridge; one of the steepest, most intimidating pieces of roadwork we ever encountered.

Rgds, WRIDR

The bridge at Gan, is always buesy there are other choices. There is a bridge at the bottom of the 416 north south route for Ottawa. The best I think is the crossing at wolfe Island at Kingston thr ferry from Kingston to Wolfe Island is free, drive about 10 to 12 miles across on the island and take Horns ferry to Cape Vincent NY this is a private ferry so there is a small charge. Both ferry’s will usually let bikes on ahead of most cars. Makes for a nice trip and Wolfe Island now has more things to do on the island now, cheers.