IGNORED

Cracklin' Radio

Hey guys, I think I have a broken wire between my radio controller on the handlebars and the black box under the faring. When the front wheel is turned to either bump stop, the radio crackles and pops very loudly and the LCD display on the controller flickers.

I'm going to pull the outer shell off the faring tonight to see if there's any obvious pinch points or worn wires. I'll check the connections too.

I'm open to suggestions if I should be looking somewhere else.

Thanks

Skeeter

Very common problem!!

Once you learn how to split your fairing, which should take about 10 to 15 minutes, what you want to do is spray each and every radio connector and seat them a few times. Then take some dielectric grease and coat just the plastic, not the actual connectors, to keep moisture from getting inside the connectors. That should cure it!

If you want to make arrangements, I would be glad to help you out! Just find my number in my profile (use the home number, not the cell) and give me a call...

Thanks for the tip on how to fix the radio BongoBob and the very generous offer to help me out. I really appreciate both.

It sounds like something I can handle. I'll give it a shot tomorrow night when I get home from work. My wife had a long list of errands to for me to run tonight so I didn't have time.

Thanks again!

Skeeter

• 4 weeks later...