IGNORED

2nd gen muffler leak

The power sports motorcycle shop in ocla fl changed my tire when I had a blow out on a trip. they messed up the wrap that goes around my pipe to makes muffler fit tight. I never had a problem taking off and putting back on but they crammed it back up in pipe and messed it up, and now I have a leak on right side. What and where can I get some more wrap to put back? Can not stand the sound only from one side.

It's not just a wrap, it's actually live s sleave. I had to replace one a long time ago and ended up ordering it from an online Yamaha parts place. Don't remember how much it was but I do remember that I was shocked at the price. I'm thinking $40.00 but that may have been for two of them. Just don't remember.

PLEASE NEED HELP ON MUFFLER LEAK. The power sports motorcycle shop in ocla fl changed my tire when I had a blow out on a trip. they messed up the wrap that goes around my pipe to makes muffler fit tight. I never had a problem taking off and putting back on but they crammed it back up in pipe and messed it up, and now I have a leak on right side. What and where can I get some more wrap to put back? Can not stand the sound only from one side.

I think this is what you are talking about. Not as bad as I remembered.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/3XW-14714-00-00?ref=9f8b412f8c6c03b8da29c78c8f11708583ad4779

THANKS WILL TRY THIS SITE. wHAT IS BEST SPARK PLUGS. i PUT NEW IN APP 14K AGO(CHAMPIONS I THINK), now it is skipping when I it is cold, not as bad as when warms up but still not right. I may have gotten some water in gas on a trip. any suggestions as how to clear it up?? thanks

THANKS WILL TRY THIS SITE. wHAT IS BEST SPARK PLUGS. i PUT NEW IN APP 14K AGO(CHAMPIONS I THINK), now it is skipping when I it is cold, not as bad as when warms up but still not right. I may have gotten some water in gas on a trip. any suggestions as how to clear it up?? thanks

I ran with the “surefire” in mine. Seemed to up my mpg by about 1-2mpg.

PLEASE NEED HELP ON MUFFLER LEAK. The power sports motorcycle shop in ocla fl changed my tire when I had a blow out on a trip. they messed up the wrap that goes around my pipe to makes muffler fit tight. I never had a problem taking off and putting back on but they crammed it back up in pipe and messed it up, and now I have a leak on right side. What and where can I get some more wrap to put back? Can not stand the sound only from one side.

I might be barking up a tree here, but I’d have a local dealership VALIDATE what was done incorrectly, then have them fix it and send the bill to the HACKS who didn’t do it right in the first place! Why are you paying to fix a dealerships mistake? I sure as heck wouldn’t!

I think this is what you are talking about. Not as bad as I remembered.

https://www.partzilla.com/product/yamaha/3XW-14714-00-00?ref=9f8b412f8c6c03b8da29c78c8f11708583ad4779

thanks, found this on ebay

$_57.JPG?set_id=880000500F

[h=4]EXHAUST MUFFLER DONUT GASKET Fits YAMAHA 36Y-14714-00-00, 3XW-14714-00-00[/h] [TABLE=class: tableItemDetails table-condensed]

[TR]

[TD=class: ng-binding]Item price[/TD]

[TD=class: ng-binding]$10.00[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: ng-binding]Quantity[/TD]

[TD=class: ng-binding]1[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=class: ng-binding]Item number[/TD]

[TD=class: ng-binding]272744213944[/TD]

[/TR]