IGNORED

A late to the party, or, am I 'out of the closet'? Probably so...

Also felt that the Voyager plastic seemed rather flimsy .. was quite noticeable on the bag lids and trunk.

That might be a problem, if you always store it without a cover in direct sunlight all day. Ultraviolet...can seriously rot the plastic and make it brittle. I learned that with an expensive triple keel fiberglass canoe, left out all summer long, every summer long, in the back yard. We went to use it one day...and one of the side walls, literally cracked open. I was shocked to death! Since then...I never leave anything out, whether fiberglass, or plastic compounds, in all-day, direct sunlight. I lost an expensive canoe in doing that!

It could be weight factors, as well as cost savings to Kawasaki. The one thing though...that comes to mind...is if they manufactured that plastic to be so thin that it would fail in use...opening and closing the bags and trunk,...in items pressing from the inside out, when fully stuffed...then they would be going to bad press, and warranty costs. I do know that the Yamaha STVC has lighter guage covers on the side bags, when taking my 2008 Wing is being considered. That might only be because Honda had to use thicker plastic...for that model is a clam shell...and stress would be placed on that part, whereby no stress of any kind is put upon a cover that flips down upon the cavity, with no load ever upon it. Things to consider. The top trunk lid of the SVTC is as thick as thieves, lol. Very strong...but then again...they market themselves a tour rack..so it had to be.

Also felt that the Voyager plastic seemed rather flimsy .. was quite noticable on the bag lids and trunk.

Thats one thing I didn't like about the Cross Country Tour our Polaris dealership had. Certain plastics, I think it was on the trunk... it's been awhile but it seemed real light

That might be a problem, if you always store it without a cover in direct sunlight all day. Ultraviolet...can seriously rot the plastic and make it brittle. I learned that with an expensive triple keel fiberglass canoe, left out all summer long, every summer long, in the back yard. We went to use it one day...and one of the side walls, literally cracked open. I was shocked to death! Since then...I never leave anything out, whether fiberglass, or plastic compounds, in all-day, direct sunlight. I lost an expensive canoe in doing that!

It could be weight factors, as well as cost savings to Kawasaki. The one thing though...that comes to mind...is if they manufactured that plastic to be so thin that it would fail in use...opening and closing the bags and trunk,...in items pressing from the inside out, when fully stuffed...then they would be going to bad press, and warranty costs. I do know that the Yamaha STVC has lighter guage covers on the side bags, when taking my 2008 Wing is being considered. That might only be because Honda had to use thicker plastic...for that model is a clam shell...and stress would be placed on that part, whereby no stress of any kind is put upon a cover that flips down upon the cavity, with no load ever upon it. Things to consider. The top trunk lid of the SVTC is as thick as thieves, lol. Very strong...but then again...they market themselves a tour rack..so it had to be.

I believe the paint protects the plastics right?

I believe the paint protects the plastics right?

My canoe, had embedded pigment throughout every fiber of the glass...and it rotted down to the very core. I got religion after that...anything outside, gets tarped. I'll glady replace a tarp every two years...frayed and rotted by the sun...rather than what's being protected by its sacrifice! $600.00 canoe down the toilet...due to my negligence. That hurt...

In Florida...or Texas...wherever...I'd certainly cover the bike each day, after a ride...it has to be brutal down there...if it can't be taken out of the sun.

My canoe, had embedded pigment throughout every fiber of the glass...and it rotted down to the very core. I got religion after that...anything outside, gets tarped. I'll glady replace a tarp every two years...frayed and rotted by the sun...rather than what's being protected by its sacrifice! $600.00 canoe down the toilet...due to my negligence. That hurt...

In Florida...or Texas...wherever...I'd certainly cover the bike each day, after a ride...it has to be brutal down there...if it can't be taken out of the sun.

Yeesh! And I suppose if we're going from a $600 canoe to a $17000 motorcycle it's definitely best to not take chances!

Thats one thing I didn't like about the Cross Country Tour our Polaris dealership had. Certain plastics, I think it was on the trunk... it's been awhile but it seemed real light

Well, having owned one I can tell you that compared to an RSV there is very little difference in the thickness of the plastic. Compared to the Kaw Voyager the Vic plastic is much stronger IMHO.

Crap I'm in trouble because I'm already looking for a hybrid. I want a bike I can have both on and off road.. Btw drill motors don't make good bicycle motors at least the way I tried. It could have been bad set up but I got 2 mph out of what I thought should have been 50mph. Well I was young Anywhos and my mini bike 3 wheeler and go cart were all down. Found out someone grounded them... I fixed em but points in my honda trail was out.. Never got to ride it again. Also really eyeing the yamaha 650 customs around me and actually thinking a roady... O and thinking about building an adventure bike with frame I build. Not exactly sure where to start. I love tinker and really like this nighthawk but want the 750... Plus the 450 is my sons but starting to wish I didn't open my mouth but... Nothing like riding bikes with my son. This is his first real bike that he has been able to ride and use the clutch on. Right now he getting about 30 mpg on it tho lol. He learning. The closest thing he has ridden was them Murphy 5 hp minibikes. You know the ones with the centrifugal clutch and you twist and go.

Never ride faster then your angel can fly. I am as free as the wind on my face.

Umm can anyone make sense of this. Wow I barely can. Maybe I was loopy from anaesthetic. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Umm can anyone make sense of this. Wow I barely can. Maybe I was loopy from anaesthetic. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I think he's built a hot rod motorized bicycle using a battery powered drill as the engine. And then complains about lack of top end speed??? I think?

I think he's built a hot rod motorized bicycle using a battery powered drill as the engine. And then complains about lack of top end speed??? I think?
My most successful build was from a kit then I tweaked it. Last week we lost a foot of chain so guess chain only last 4,000 miles[emoji23][emoji23] pretty good for a Chinese motor kit i think.

I am no longer sure of miles as I got a new phone and my son started using it to go to work now he has this.

P.S. Sorry for hijack

P.S.S. nah not really it happens[emoji23][emoji23]

f04329ac571e2ead352733eb81445c11.jpg3eee8710175fbadb024479aa1b524352.jpg5867f4660c5d397cff21963afbea869f.jpg