IGNORED

2nd Gen RSV colours

SilveradoCA

I'm still shopping for a GenII RSV. I'm looking at all examples from 2000 to 2013 depending on pricing, but I've noticed something in this search.

Black 'Midnight' editions are like ants on the ground, while other colours are seemingly rare. Granted, these bikes aren't very common: I can presently find about 120 for sale in all of Canada.

My preferences in order are the dark silver over black (2013?), blue over black (2007?) and red over black (2009?), followed by the black Midnight, then the others.

What's been your experience? Do you see WAY more black-on-black RSV's than any other? Were colours different South of 49° than what we got in Canada?

It would be interesting to see a breakdown of sales by year/colour, if such a thing were available.

I have an 03 midnight and from what I have seen. Yamaha made the Midnight for every year of production until they went to the (S) model. As for the other colors they were changed every year. The only thing with the Midnight is they have more chrome that the others.

IMHO, the Black Cherry made in 06 is the nicest color, and it seems like all the coolest people ride Black Cherry. I must also say that the pillow top seats found on the 06 will make your posterior quite cozy.

A bike is like a woman,....you gotta go after the one that gets your blood goin'.

For my part, I looked them... (bikes).... over for a while and decided that I wanted a Black Cherry with the pillow tops and waited until I found one. That's the one that did it for me.

I probably paid a tad more than I should have for it, but it was exactly what I was looking for so I didn't mind.

Best of luck to ya ! :banana:

Scroll to the very top of the home page for Venturerider, click on the "History" tab, then "1999-2013", then down the left side a bit to "colors".

It will show you the colors that were made for each model year. I think Canada and the U.S. were the same. That should help.

Larry

The more metallic black is called Raven, and unless I'm mistaken, it is a colour that Yamaha has been using for years on their professional drums.

That's a classy connection, if you ask me; almost like the piano black details found in some high-end luxury cars.