IGNORED

How to r & r the tires on 2nd gen?

I'll be giving away a Carbon_One lift adapter at Maintenance Day by the way. :) Also, some other goodies.

Wish that lop eared Carbon_One varmint would of invented an adapter for the 1st Gens,,,,, if ya had one of those on that prize table at MD this year I would pull the old "hey you guys,, LOOK at the pond monster" routine while I lured the adapter into Tweeks saddle bag next to the left over fried chicken legs:big-grin-emoticon:

I remove my rear wheel by removing the right saddle bag, then with the bike on the side stand, put a floor jack under the frame area behind the engine and jack it up balancing on the jack and stand. Pull the caliper then the axle. Pull tire to the right to disengage the drive spline, then work the tire out. May have to raise the jack a little higher. Then lower the jack till the work is done, then replace.

Bikes without a center stand, I’ve been doing this for over 40 years.

I use floor jack from Harbor Freight. My m/c man charges $7 to change and mount tire.

The power sports motorcycle shop in ocla fl changed my tire when I have bloe out on trip. they messed up the wrap that goes around my pipe to make muffler fit tight. What and where can I get some more wrap to put back. Can not stand the sound only from one side.