IGNORED

SAF Fund

Condor

A lot of newer members don't know this, but VR.Org has an SAF Fund. Special Activities Fund. Generally it was funded by money made from the Raffles and Activities from the yearly Internationals and private donations, but lately there hasn't been a lot of money left over to donate.. The person in charge sends flowers when needed, and takes care of many other 'needs' as well. Black Owl was the honorary that took care of those things. Since his passing, and no one taking up the mantle, it has sort of laid dormant, but with the passing of Yammer, and Don sending flowers from all of us out of his own pocket, I think the time has come for us to fatten the Fund. There is a 'Contribution Actions' link at the top of the page. Donating doesn't have to be much. $10 bucks isn't going to kill anyone, but if a lot of us send something I bet it will make the SAF viable again... My $10....

OK am I just dense or did I just miss something? The contribution link says it's going to the maintenance use of the group, I didn't see an SAF link. I don't really care where my contribution goes but I was trying for the SAF. I trolled this site for a while working on my 86 before I joined so I probably owed some backpay anyway. Either way contribution sent.

If I haven't said it before,

Thanks Don for what you do.

OK am I just dense or did I just miss something? The contribution link says it's going to the maintenance use of the group, I didn't see an SAF link. I don't really care where my contribution goes but I was trying for the SAF. I trolled this site for a while working on my 86 before I joined so I probably owed some backpay anyway. Either way contribution sent.

If I haven't said it before,

Thanks Don for what you do.

Yeah, I couldn't find one either, but talked to Don and he said there's one at the top of the page and it's the only one I could find. He's aware of what these donations the last couple of days are for and will be kept separate from any operations donation. It might help if he added a message box to the page to denote what the monies are to be used for... Many Thanks to all those who have ponied up to get this very important 'family' function back on track again.... Heck I'm getting old.. :backinmyday: When the time comes flowers would be nice... :whistling:

OK...sorry about the communication problem but what I THOUGHT I said was that there is a post "pinned" at the top of the watering hole. It is actually called the OPE fund. The thread is here: http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?128834-OPE-Fund

That being said, it really doesn't matter because it goes to the same PayPal address as the Donation link. Any donations that have been sent since Condor's post were assumed to be meant for that fund.

Thank you all very much for your help. Thank YOU Condor for getting the ball rolling.

Yeah, I couldn't find one either, but talked to Don and he said there's one at the top of the page and it's the only one I could find. He's aware of what these donations the last couple of days are for and will be kept separate from any operations donation. It might help if he added a message box to the page to denote what the monies are to be used for... Many Thanks to all those who have ponied up to get this very important 'family' function back on track again.... Heck I'm getting old.. :backinmyday: When the time comes flowers would be nice... :whistling:

How about a couple Hula Girls instead of flowers?