IGNORED

Pipes

Skid

Had the RK slash cuts on my 06 RSV, I liked the look as the slash flows on the same line as the bags, and they had a nice mellow tone that got deeper with age. Like someone said I had more money in the clamps then I paid for the pipes.

Good Luck, Craig

• 11 months later...
Still searching for a set of pipes if anyone knows where any are at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been seeing them at garage sales and such. Was gonna get a pair for mine but decided to just leave it alone until I get the Vmax parts ready for installation They should run $10-20 a pair unless they are minty, even then they have about as much value as used dental floss. The market is saturated because so many HD buyers seem to be in a hurry to make them as obnoxious as possible.

I've seen the take off mufflers for $50-150/set which I think is just insane for used OEM HD exhaust cans. I'm holding to $20 tops if they are nice. I see them often, next time I stumble across a set I'll grab em and put them up here at cost.

Great

Give me a call over the weekend. I have a set sitting here I do not need. Not sure of the year. They were on my venture. After getting my carbs rebuilt and intake manifolds replaced, I am sticking with the stock pipes.

Dave

Still searching for a set of pipes if anyone knows where any are at.

Hey Skid are you coming to Don's? I have a set with P clamps. Not sure what they are but I went back with originals when I bought the bike, I like mine quiet.

Hey Skid are you coming to Don's? I have a set with P clamps. Not sure what they are but I went back with originals when I bought the bike, I like mine quiet.

No, my wife and I are going on a trip that weekend for our anniversary.

Why not save yourself some money and just drill a couple of holes in the back of the stock mufflers? It gives you a deep throaty growl with the loudness that depends on just how many holes you drill. Talk to Big Tom about how and where and how many holes...

BUT... be careful how MANY holes you drill. Maybe three or four tops, then STOP to test for a day or two. We bear-catted along drillin 'n drillin, and ended up with more necessary to achieve a decent sound.

Not easy to patch individual holes once created.

Rgds, WRIDR

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Skid I posted a pic of some pipes on the MD thread. Our plan is to be coming through WV on the 10th on the way to Niagara. If these will work for you and we can meet up you're welcome to them. They were too loud for me and I went back OEM. They have mounts for the RSV. They could use a good cleaning.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Skid I posted a pic of some pipes on the MD thread. Our plan is to be coming through WV on the 10th on the way to Niagara. If these will work for you and we can meet up you're welcome to them. They were too loud for me and I went back OEM. They have mounts for the RSV. They could use a good cleaning.

I not in WV this week and not going to make MD at Don’s this year. Thanks but maybe we can work out another way.