IGNORED

2nd Gen fuel pump. No click, click, click!!!

Yammer Dan

Tap on the fuel pump and see if it starts pumping. Thepoints are probably stuck. If they stickone time more than likely they will stick again.

I agree.

Do you know where the fuel pump is and what to look for?

Left side above the left passenger foot pad.

Fuel pump is a 3 inch round cylinder with a black rubber cap. Tape off the cap and see the points.

Mine were burned uneven at 15,000 miles. Totally stuck together but possible to unstick just by tapping on them with the key on. If so, buy points not a very expensive fuel pump.

Venturefar...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well That didn't work.:bang head: Might get time tomorrow to pull it and look over.:backinmyday: Have one on way for 15 bucks.

Be really careful with the cheap pumps. There are reports of folk experiencing hydro lock ln engine as a result of fuel being allowed to get from tank to cylinders when bike is off. The OEM pump has backvalve to avoid this.

be really careful with the cheap pumps. There are reports of folk experiencing hydro lock ln engine as a result of fuel being allowed to get from tank to cylinders when bike is off. The oem pump has backvalve to avoid this.

yes this happened to me stay with the oem or the facet pump

By the way, the link that I found to order just the pump took me to a Canadian site that won't let me order from the states. I did find another older link but that page doesn't exist.

If anyone has a link to a good set of points for the 2nd gen, I'd appreciate it. I do have 2 cheapie fuel pumps...#1 , the points are already bent so they won't last...but the other looks really good. So I'll keep #2 but want to carry points around just in case.

TIA

By the way, the link that I found to order just the pump took me to a Canadian site that won't let me order from the states. I did find another older link but that page doesn't exist.

If anyone has a link to a good set of points for the 2nd gen, I'd appreciate it. I do have 2 cheapie fuel pumps...#1 , the points are already bent so they won't last...but the other looks really good. So I'll keep #2 but want to carry points around just in case.

TIA

Try this link: https://www.jpcycles.com/product/zz34308/k-l-supply-co-universal-fuel-pump-point-switch-kit