IGNORED

I am chicken...................

Flyinfool

Well it has been sunny and in the 60s this week and I thought about riding the bike to work every day. BUT since the last time that I tried to ride it back last August I blew out my Achilles tendon just getting it out of the shed and ended up under it, followed by a trip to the ER and surgery to put things back together. I am afraid to try to try to move the bike out again. The repaired tendon is not near as strong as it was before, and never will be.:95:

The bike is ready willing and able to hit the road. I guess I really need to get off my dead butt and do a few cosmetic cleanups and break out the FOR SALE signs.

And then go shopping for something lighter in weight.

Or modify the shed to allow you to drive it out? If you really want to sell your Venture, a member might buy your bike. They will know they would be getting one they could immediately ride.

I went to Best Buy this morning and a sparkling BMW K1200LT was sitting out front. That is a beautiful bike and not as large as I thought. It's at least as heavy as the venture though.

That seems too light for a 1200 airhead. per wikipedia it weighs 505lbs wo any luggage and a dry gas tank.

and

BMW K bikes are not the same as the airheads you quoted. They are much heavier.

387kg = 851 lbs.

per https://www.motorcyclenews.com/bike-reviews/bmw/k1200lt/1999/

well just go out there and fire it up and take off. You can always put the shed back together. lol I have been riding mine back and forth to work all week. You know it sucks to work 5 days a week and a Saturday a month. thought I would get ceiling in garage up but o no. Dang water heater is dripping. But I did manage to get all but two 2x6 ceiling joist up. Don't get off work till 6pm and this town is so tore up you never know if you will make it home the same way. Having a tough time figuring out there computer and where the parts are located. OLD man kicking me in rear lol.

That seems too light for a 1200 airhead. per wikipedia it weighs 505lbs wo any luggage and a dry gas tank.

The 2008 is an air/oil cooled boxer. I was thinking it should weigh 550 lbs. with all the luggage. But that is 235 lbs less that a Gen I Venture.

I have no concerns about holding the bike up at a stop or riding it. It is just the pushing it up hill on grass for about 30 feet that has me concerned. It simply is not in the budget to look at getting a newer wing or a new "venture" that has reverse to get me up that hill. Or I would have to invent a reverse for my bike>>>>>>>:think: :scratchchin: :puzzled:

Hey Flyinfool Do some Achilles tendon stretches preferably every day and before you go out to the bike. Start slow and build up. Stand away from a wall arms length with hands on the wall. then slowly lean into the wall until your chest touches while leaving your feet flat on the floor. Another method is lay a piece of 2x4 or book on the floor. while using some sort of support (wall, counter, dresser ETC) stand with your toes on the board. lower yourself slowly until your heels touch the floor. hold for ten seconds then rise up on your toes and do it again. Move slowly you want the tendons to slowly stretch not snap like an elastic. using the wall is gentler but using the 2x4 or book method also strengthens the calf muscles and you can adjust/raise the height as you improve.

Its lack of elasticity in the tendons that causes tendon injury and by doing these stretches you make them more pliable. I learned the hard way by totally detaching a tendon, which I ripped loose while running and leaping across a dry river bed during the Guntersville AL international. Dr says there are 3 tendons I now have only 2 attached but he said the 2 would gain strength to make up for the missing third. He said had I done some tendon stretches prior to skipping off across the river bed it would not have happened. Now that I only have two I stretch all the time and I now do not even notice the difference anymore.

Just park it in the front yard with a planter on its seat and a flower in it... Most theives are dumb,, they would just think it was some kind of oriental rose garden.

DEFINITELY don't go pushing the thing around brother,,, I agree,, not worth risking redamaging that foot!!! HEAL UP NOW and ride later!!!!!!!!

Fool you ever ride one of those scooters - 400cc or bigger?? Neighbor bought a new 600 Honda,,, thing FLEW and was amazingly stable on the open road... ABS, stereo.... Seem to be very hard sellers too - have seen em cheap... To bad this pond is between us or you could get one, Tip n I could ride our Helix and we could start a club...:big-grin-emoticon: