IGNORED

Finally got out for a short ride

Freebird

Temps were in the mid 50's on Saturday so Eileen and I finally got to take the Slingshot out for the first time. Still haven't had the RSV out this year but will soon. Here is a picture from Saturday. I've added the top, taller windshield, trailer hitch, some bar pads to the side bars. Sorry that my ugly mug is in the picture but Eileen insisted on taking it.

IMG_1040.jpg

Temps were in the mid 50's on Saturday so Eileen and I finally got to take the Slingshot out for the first time. Still haven't had the RSV out this year but will soon. Here is a picture from Saturday. I've added the top, taller windshield, trailer hitch, some bar pads to the side bars. Sorry that my ugly mug is in the picture but Eileen insisted on taking it.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112325

Why are you in the drivers seat of HER ride? !

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Uh.....ok....but.....

How was the ride?

:stirthepot:

I hope Eileen rode with you. We took ours out Sunday for the first time this year. Putting a total of 125 miles on it going to Hell and back. :225:

Larry

That thing sure is bad A** lookin'!

...in the Eternal scheme of things, this isn't even the blink of an eye.

Eileen did ride with me. Actually, she almost insisted that we take it out for a while. It was the first time we had driven it since purchasing it on March 4th. It is fun and handles great. It is certainly not a motorcycle but absolutely not a car either. It is a bit rough on bad roads and there is certainly some drivetrain whine but us RSV riders are used to that. :) Overall, it is a fun machine. Plenty peppy as is so I doubt I'll add any of the performance goodies that are available for it. Will very likely change the exhaust not because I'm not happy with the sound but from what I've read, there are some issues with heat as the exhaust is laid out from the factory. Will probably add a header, do away with the cat, reroute the exhaust. Not sure when I will get around to all of that though.

Don,

Thanks for that ride report. I am truly amazed that those rides have sold as well as they have. When they first came out, there was so much chatter about them being so similar to a convertible car, that they might not sell that well. Hmmm, wrong! Those things have taken off! And, by all reports seem to be a blast to ride/drive.

Do you wear a helmet when riding in that machine?

Another question: How's Eileen's Murano doing? I see it there in the background. I bought Teresa a 2017.5 Platinum Murano identical to the color of yours a year ago, and she is loving it so far.

Big Lenny

She loves the Murano. It is a 2015 I think...first year of the new model. We've had no problems with it, a couple of very minor recalls. It has about 36,000 miles on it now. It's really a nice ride. It is the Platinum model also and has the "chestnut" color interior. My only small gripe is that the towing capacity is really low, 2000 lbs. if I remember correctly. Not a huge deal because about the only thing we pull with it is the two Waverunners on a double trailer. Even that is getting close to the limit. The old Murano's were rated at 4,000 lbs. and the drivetrain is basically the same. Nobody has been able to explain why they reduce it so much.

@BigLenny, I just realized that I didn't answer your question about helmets. We'll see. We did not wear them on our ride this weekend. Eileen thinks that we should and I think it looks dumb wearing one in this thing. I don't know. For now, if we wear one at all, it will probably be a half helmet. Ohio is a no helmet state so it's our choice here.

I also haven't researched the laws in other states. I'm sure that in states where they are registered as motorcycles then you would be required to follow the motorcycle helmet laws and most states do, I think, register them as motorcycles. Several states, and likely more to come, have created a new vehicle classification called "Autocycle". I'm not sure how that affects the helmet laws in those states. Same for seatbelts. It has them and we did and will continue to wear them but I would assume that if you are in a state where they are registered as motorcycles, then you wouldn't be required to wear the seatbelts. That's just conjecture on my part though.

@BigLenny, I just realized that I didn't answer your question about helmets. We'll see. We did not wear them on our ride this weekend. Eileen thinks that we should and I think it looks dumb wearing one in this thing. I don't know. For now, if we wear one at all, it will probably be a half helmet. Ohio is a no helmet state so it's our choice here.

I also haven't researched the laws in other states. I'm sure that in states where they are registered as motorcycles then you would be required to follow the motorcycle helmet laws and most states do, I think, register them as motorcycles. Several states, and likely more to come, have created a new vehicle classification called "Autocycle". I'm not sure how that affects the helmet laws in those states. Same for seatbelts. It has them and we did and will continue to wear them but I would assume that if you are in a state where they are registered as motorcycles, then you wouldn't be required to wear the seatbelts. That's just conjecture on my part though.

Don,

I agree with you on. The jury is still out on how I feel about what it looks like wearing a helmet while riding in one of these rigs. Arkansas is a no helmet state law too, so you see a lot of folks around here riding them without helmets. I guess we always equate wearing a helmet with being on machines that we can fall off of. But, one thing that the states that require a helmet in these is, the front windscreen isn't the same as an automobiles windscreen. Automotive windshields are built to a certain lawful spec that is supposed to be able to withstand a certain level of impact from items that would be hitting the windshield. In a Slingshot, it is just a piece of clear plastic, so the states that require helmets might be thinking the rider needs more head protection in the event of encountering sizeable debris.

Who knows if that even makes sense.

That's a cool looking ride though.

Big lenny

BigLenny, I just realized that I didn't answer your question about helmets. We'll see. We did not wear them on our ride this weekend. Eileen thinks that we should and I think it looks dumb wearing one in this thing. I don't know. For now, if we wear one at all, it will probably be a half helmet. Ohio is a no helmet state so it's our choice here.

FYI.......NY state requires a helmet.......

I've changed my opinion on the Helmet thing over the years. That row of skinned up Lids in the garage may have something to do with it!! But something that open I think I would wear some protection!! PLEASE not trying to start a big discussion!! Just my thoughts!! I will wear my Hat!! But a couple yrs ago that Skid got me down in Myrtle Beach and We ran around town without them a couple days!! It was nice and it was ALL SKID'S FAULT!!!!:Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot: