IGNORED

What is choice for Battery now??

Yammer Dan

AGM for a bike or 4x4 is going to be way to go. I have some I stay away from as I personally have had crap luck with. Exide and interstate But they are the largest so heck I may be getting a rewrapped exide and not know it.

FULL DISCLOSURE: I am an Auto Zone employee.

I run the ETX series batteries from Auto Zone in my motorcycles, and have since before I worked there.

ETX18L is the battery for the Gen1 bikes.

https://www.autozone.com/miscellaneous-non-automotive/motorcycle-and-power-sport-battery/duralast-gold-powersport-agm-battery/350084_0_0?&searchText=ETX18l

For second Gen's...I've gone here...

https://www.batterymart.com/POWERSPORTS.html?make=Yamaha&model=XVZ13+Royal+Star%2FVenture+%28All%29&year=2005&engine=1300cc&q=YTX20L-BS

At one point, all of my scoots had the Big Crank batts. Price was right, shipping was fast and they have lasted 3 plus years. They only go on the tender if I've left the bike alone for more than 3 weeks...which is rarely. And then only left on overnight. No long term tender usage for these batts.

Any of my local stores, I have to order and wait anyway....and from my understanding they are made by East Penn manufacturing...makers of HD batteries and more.

Edited by videoarizona

I still like the Deka AGM, got seven years out of the last one and on another now. I keep mine on a tender though.

:farmer:

:thumbsup2: They also are installed in Harley's but under HD's name of course for that extra hundred dollar bill. I buy mine at batteries plus exact same AGM battery for 90 bucks.:happy65:

No matter what brand you buy, I would make sure it is made here in the USA and NOT China. The China ones dont seem to last very long no matter what brand you buy.

I have a Mills Fleet Farm,Road Runner AGM battery in my 1st Gen that is 6 years old. I keep it on a battery tender all winter long and hasnt failed me yet. When the time comes for a new one I will buy the same one as it is nothing more then a rebrand Deka AGM made by East Penn Manufacturing.

Rick F.