IGNORED

Brown Sugar ailing

Yammer Dan

Yep,,, this is a 50/50 crap shoot but before you do pull em down and rebuild em,,, pull the slides, fill the bowls thru the drains with Berrymans Chem Dip that comes in that 1 gallon dip tank.. Fill each carb using a syringe and keep pushing till the cleaner comes out of the mains (where the metering rod on the slide slips into the emulsion tube) then close the drain and let sit for 40 minutes - NO MORE - NO LESS = very important cause Chem Dip is harsh!!

Suck the bowls dry, refill with normal spray carb cleaner and adjitate using te syringe.. Repeat till all you get is clear carb cleaner out.. Have used this method for firing up bikes to see whether or not they were worth spinning a wrench on... Sometimes it works, sometimes it dont and ya end up having to rebuild carbs but if ya gotta rebuild em anyway,,,,, hurts nothing to try IMHO..

Yeah I picked up some Harvest King at Rural King today. Never tried it. Gonna shoot a little back up the drain hoses to see if I could get lucky. Sometimes works. Its the easiest way. Then if I must move on to more involved Attempts!!:bang head::bang head::bang head: I AIN'T PULLING THEM CARBS!!! Course "UGLY" is laughing at the mess on the floor!! I swear I heard a mumble as I went out the door!! Sounded something like "What Ya got now B....I....":Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot:

I hear that DanL' = cocky suckers they can be.... Sometime even worse than a group of 9th grade boys in English class with a substitute teacher (been there - on both ends).. That same spirit and attitude they get when dusting off a big air cooled push rod twin that is twice their size and you just know that :rasberry: is going on between the bikes is not so much fun when they start it with us... I have found with mine that spit polishing a couple stickers while being careful not to erase names or nock off any dirt that Tweeks has earned is a good way to get reaquainted.. Sort of like a Cowboy taking his hat off and having it below head level on his horse as he is offering a handful of Montana's finest with the other hand - that kind of thing always helps for me n mine....

I have had good success with taking the drain screw out and taking the air box off and then the rubber hoses to each carb and blowing air into the hose connection. This will clean out the needle valve real good and is pretty easy to do.

Randy

Yeah I think that's where I will head first Randy. I got plenty of cleaner!! Just think I can do this without pulling them. She ran excellent when put away so I'm not pulling them unless it really goes south!! If I can get her to stop peeing on the floor I'll run a strong dose of cleaner for a while.