IGNORED

Myrtle Beach Bike Week '18

Skid

Besides a sticker I got a sovenier down there one year in the form of a traffic ticket.... Wasnt much later and I thought the city put a complete stop to the rally Skidder (you remember that or is my mind playing tricks on me,,,,,,,, again?)... Didn't know they started it back up...

Besides a sticker I got a sovenier down there one year in the form of a traffic ticket.... Wasnt much later and I thought the city put a complete stop to the rally Skidder (you remember that or is my mind playing tricks on me,,,,,,,, again?)... Didn't know they started it back up...

I've been going there for years during bike week. The city tried to ban things but failed. Only thing accomplished was a loss of revenue. The venders are just set up out of the city limits of Myrtle.

Hey Joe, Retired Chief Gunners Mate here. What was your rate & when did you retire? It was Jan 98 for me.

P.S. Thank you for your service shipmate!

Morning, and thank you as well. I retired in 2005 off the Gettysburg out of Jacksonville as an ETC after 22 Years.

Morning, and thank you as well. I retired in 2005 off the Gettysburg out of Jacksonville as an ETC after 22 Years.

Thank you for your service Joe!

I googled navy designations and found that ET usually meant Electronics Technician but couldn't find what the C meant. What does that stand for? Looking at the navy designations, my job in the army would be FC for fire control since my job was repairing the equipment that tracked the target, tracked and guided the missile, and fired the missile. It was nerve racking when we had a drill and the operators found something out of tolerance and I was called in to repair it quickly or advise the Battery Commander on what to do next, such as the signal from the missile was too weak. That happened one time and after advising the BC of it, he terminated the drill instead of selecting another missile and continuing and he caught some heat over that. If I had been smarter, I would have suggested selecting another missile and saved his butt. I don't think he held it against me though because he praised me when I left to go home from S. Korea. The maintenance group in the fire control area was headed by a Warrant Officer who could BS with the best and knew very little. I was tempted to suggest to the BC that he request another but I was afraid he would hold me over and I didn't want that to happen. We were on a site way out in the rice paddies and the Warrant Officer was changed at least 3 times. The first two were good at their jobs, but the last one was a complete zero. At least he wasn't nasty or at least to me because when I left I was the best tech that he had.

I googled navy designations and found that ET usually meant Electronics Technician but couldn't find what the C meant. What does that stand for? Looking at the navy designations, my job in the army would be FC for fire control since my job was repairing the equipment that tracked the target, tracked and guided the missile, and fired the missile. It was nerve racking when we had a drill and the operators found something out of tolerance and I was called in to repair it quickly or advise the Battery Commander on what to do next, such as the signal from the missile was too weak. That happened one time and after advising the BC of it, he terminated the drill instead of selecting another missile and continuing and he caught some heat over that. If I had been smarter, I would have suggested selecting another missile and saved his butt. I don't think he held it against me though because he praised me when I left to go home from S. Korea. The maintenance group in the fire control area was headed by a Warrant Officer who could BS with the best and knew very little. I was tempted to suggest to the BC that he request another but I was afraid he would hold me over and I didn't want that to happen. We were on a site way out in the rice paddies and the Warrant Officer was changed at least 3 times. The first two were good at their jobs, but the last one was a complete zero. At least he wasn't nasty or at least to me because when I left I was the best tech that he had.

And you too, ETC stands for Electronics Technician Chief add Surface Warfare and you have my handle.

Myrtle is only a 4hr drive for me. I’m game! Is somebody gonna put out specifics of the event? Ie, camping, accommodations etc?

Chief, Hamburger Joe's at noon in North Myrtle. (712 48th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582) It across from the vendor area in Barefoot Landing. We have always ate at noon and then went over to the vendor area and walked around a while. As for places to stay in Myrtle, there are lots of places. take your pic. TDunc and I will be there all week from Monday to Friday

Hey Joe, Retired Chief Gunners Mate here. What was your rate & when did you retire? It was Jan 98 for me.

P.S. Thank you for your service shipmate!

Chief and Sky,,, I too would like to thank you both for your service in the fight to maintain our way of life too!!!:usa::usa::usa:

As a reminder,,, our club tends to be very patriotic (IMHO) at heart and the Boss has kindly provided our membership with those really cool honor badges for those who have served and,, speaking solely as a non Military or public servant member,, I REALLY appreciate those who have served and step forward to claim their earned honor badge cause it lets us folks outside of you special "Band of Brothers" easily identify each of you.. Probably sounds selfish but some of us,, myself included, really mean it when we say "thank you for your service" and feel bad if/when we miss the opportunity to acknowledge someone who deserves that respect/honor...

I hope that all came out in words like I meant it too. Dont mean to offend anyone in any way concerning the matter..

Puc

Chief, Hamburger Joe's at noon in North Myrtle. (712 48th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582) It across from the vendor area in Barefoot Landing. We have always ate at noon and then went over to the vendor area and walked around a while. As for places to stay in Myrtle, there are lots of places. take your pic. TDunc and I will be there all week from Monday to Friday

COOL! Sounds great. Look forward to meeting some fellow Venture enthusiasts!

Chief and Sky,,, I too would like to thank you both for your service in the fight to maintain our way of life too!!!:usa::usa::usa:

As a reminder,,, our club tends to be very patriotic (IMHO) at heart and the Boss has kindly provided our membership with those really cool honor badges for those who have served and,, speaking solely as a non Military or public servant member,, I REALLY appreciate those who have served and step forward to claim their earned honor badge cause it lets us folks outside of you special "Band of Brothers" easily identify each of you.. Probably sounds selfish but some of us,, myself included, really mean it when we say "thank you for your service" and feel bad if/when we miss the opportunity to acknowledge someone who deserves that respect/honor...

I hope that all came out in words like I meant it too. Dont mean to offend anyone in any way concerning the matter..

Puc

Most kind of you Puc. Even having served myself, I always thank others who have served as well. Especially Vietnam Vets. They were treated SOOO badly. I went up one time to a Vietnam Vet in a wheelchair who had lost his legs. I thanked him for his service & sacrifice; and even though I didn't do anything wrong myself, I tell them "On behalf of the American people I apologize for the way you were treated. I'm so sorry." I've had a few break down in tears telling me " You don't know how much that means to me."

ANYONE who has served, whether reserves or Coast Guard deserves, whether a year or 30 yrs deserves gratitude & respect because EACH ONE has at one time signed a blank check for his life to the United States "PAYABLE ON DEMAND". MANY of those checks are "cashed". :325:

I was about to be drafted when I volunteered. So, I wasn't really a hero trying to save the world. But, I would never have considered going to Canada to avoid the military like many did. The training was tough and the assignment to S. Korea was a hardship tour, but I'm glad I got the experience of being in the military. I learned a lot about troubleshooting electrical equipment and I learned a lot about the world and life. Just about everybody my age knew someone who died in Viet Nam and that includes me. A friend died over there, a cousin came home with a bullet hole in his abdomen, and another friend came home with a bullet creased helmet as a souvenir that he had been wearing. 58,220 potential Venture riders we lost in Nam. About 350,000 more were wounded. Terrible times.

• 3 weeks later...

Myrtle Beach Midweek Meet & Eat

Wednesday May 16th

Hamburger Joe's at noon in North Myrtle.

(712 48th Ave. S., North Myrtle Beach, SC 29582)

It across from the vendor area in Barefoot Landing.