IGNORED

Yay....taxes all done

Freebird

Work up early this morning, once again saw my pile of paper by my recliner reminding me that I was going to have to stop procrastinating and get my taxes done. So, got me a big cup of coffee and got busy. Wasn't all that bad and every year I get irritated at myself for stressing over them and not just getting them done.

So, they are done and filed. Always a big load off my mind. Next year I'll do them early...yea...right. :whistling:

Work up early this morning, once again saw my pile of paper by my recliner reminding me that I was going to have to stop procrastinating and get my taxes done. So, got me a big cup of coffee and got busy. Wasn't all that bad and every year I get irritated at myself for stressing over them and not just getting them done.

So, they are done and filed. Always a big load off my mind. Next year I'll do them early...yea...right. :whistling:

Yea me too

Good luck with that.:happy-emoticon:

Im a 1099 guy, no LLC, just independently insured and working. Taxes are such a hassle that its worth a couple bones to just take it to a guy. Finding a good tax preparer is not easy. I had used H&R before and another cut rate preparer, my guy ended up amending three previous years, some from my W2 days and found several thousand dollars left on the table by the cut rate places. I eventually found my tax guy by asking my lawyer if he had a recommendation. This was a great move. In my experience one will never loose money by paying a pro for anything north of a 1040EZ. I drop my stuff off, answer a few questions and done. I no longer dread tax season beyond the gnawing dread of knowing how my tax dollars are squandered. YMMV, I'm ingorant to tax law so this works for me to remove stress and errors. I envy folks that can properly do their own taxes, but sadly Im not one. What did Clint say, "a man has got to know his limitations" haha.

We need to have an accountant do ours as I'm a partner in a Minnesota S-Corp living in WI and also a limited partnership were we own the building that our main company rents.

Anyway our taxes are done and when the accountant sent my files back they apparently ended up all over the floor in the main USPS sorting station and I was missing several documents with SSN's and addresses and such so ended up having to freeze our credit with the 3 credit bureau's... We've had so much mail come damaged it's ridiculous. My Wife's W2 came to use two weeks late ripped in half in a plastic bag that had sorry written on it!!

Just venting sorry.... Oh yeah of course we had to pay too...

I filed 6 this year:

My mother's estate Federal return.

My mother's Federal return.

My mother's State of Ohio return.

My business S-Corp Federal return.

My personal Federal return.

My personal State of Michigan return.

It was a long, grueling weekend.

I just completed ours. For some strange reason we pay less taxes if we file separately. So, 2 Fed returns and 2 NC returns.

When I was contracting in other states, I started using turbotax and found out that sometimes the state returns were not correct. So, I had to do them myself. I don't like turbotax keeping all my tax information anyway.

So, let us know what new bike is in the offing? Those tax refunds have to go somewhere! :)

I have taken ours to a tax professional for years. Traveling for work, expenses, mileage etc it was worth it. But 2 years ago she kind of went flaky, was hard to find and got things done in time but I started in Feb and didnt get a hold of her till April. So last year I gave up and found another guy. This year no travel related and we decided to use a "free" turbo tax. So by the time wife gets done inputting everything our free tax return is $50 or so. Too boot she did some comparing this year to last years and I got screwed out of a couple hundred bucks. So I guess he was not working in our best interest. Dont know if we are going to re-file the 2016 or not.

Wife was doing ours with Turbo Tax, but still was always a hassle so last year we went to a local Tax service and got $2k more back, and he even offers beer / pop / coffee while you wait. Takes about a half hour...Files us separately

He's our guy now.

Best 150 smackers I ever spent. :banana:

Wife was doing ours with Turbo Tax, but still was always a hassle so last year we went to a local Tax service and got $2k more back, and he even offers beer / pop / coffee while you wait. Takes about a half hour...Files us separately He's our guy now. Best 150 smackers I ever spent. :banana:
I had used Turbo Tax and each time I left money on the table. When I used the cut rate services it was the same. They are there to rush you through and get their cut, then on to the next. There is simply no replacement for a dedicated professional, as you now see. I did a review with my pro of many past years and found over $5000 left on the table. I make the smallest quarterly payments possible so that I do not give the IRS an interest free loan, like those that have to much withheld do. Anyone getting a fat refund needs to get with their guy and calculate witholding/quarterlies. Withhold just enough to avoid penalties, then just write a check upon filing. Let your money work for you by keeping ss much as possible through the year. Never forget that the IRS is NOT your friend. The more one has to loose the more one needs a qualified pro to protect them from the of the IRS. It is absolutely imparitave to feed that beast tbe absolute minimum legally possible.