IGNORED

The Gun Shop owner stared and glared at me when I told him I actually like Russia

cowpuc

Sounds like a great plan to me. fingertap.gif

Hey Raggy,,, went State land target practicing recently and, in the process,, I got a whole new idea for a Northern Michigan ride called an Ice Cream Shoot... Numerous steel targets (old car rims so they "gong" when hit!!) are placed in strategic state/federal land locations in the Baldwin area.. The group plays follow the leader to each location, range rules will be 5 shots per stop, per target = for safety sake, magazines are left empty and each round is loaded singularly into the breach as the shooter steps up to shoot = hand guns only and caliber dont matter.. 50 cents into "kitty" for each miss hit. End of ride at Jones Ice Cream where Kitty is split between participants....

:7_2_102[1]::bikersmilie::7_2_104[1]::7_6_3[1]::7_6_2[1]::900[1]::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::duck::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16)::fnd_(16)::ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_awesome-vi46644:ice_awesome-vi46644:fatsmiley::big-grin-emoticon:http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112231http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112232http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112233

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lightbulb:,,, few more :lightbulb:'s on the subject Raggy..

Thinking of hitting up the local car repair scrap bins and seeing if I can score a few worn out brake rotors = PERFECT for hanging from tree branches off in the willies and should give up plenty of "TWANG" when tagged.. Also a whole lot easier to drag around on the scoot for haulin em up when scouting the trail for such an event..

If we do this I will carry my Ruger MK1 with lots of xtra ammo in case some folks dont own a shooter (cant imagine that) and would still like to participate.. Thinking of a proper name for such an outing,,,,,,,, more I think about it,,, I kind of like "Shoot n Scoot" or an I.C.B.M. "Ice Cream Biker Meet" :missingtooth:..

Edited by cowpuc

Awwww Mannnnn, and I just sold my hand howitzer. If I shatter the target then it is guaranteed that everyone else will miss.

Naaaah ahhhh,,, code says "all active lop eared Wisconsin White Washin varmints shoot LAST!!!! Bust it and YOU will be shooting your last shots at those itty bitty pieces on the ground and probably end up putting 2 dollars in the ice cream kitty per stop = naaaa naaaa deeee booo booo!!!:rasberry:

Sold the '08 did cha???? :happy34:

But that 08 has sub MOA capability, should be able to find the pieces just fine. I guess I will just have to use the 10" MKII, Unless of course I manage to aquire my 50AE Desert Eagle by then...................

Back to breaking things........................

Needless to say I got a couple pistols in my inventory. The AMT .380 I consider is just a personal protection with not much accuracy over 40 feet. My everyday carry is the S&W 9mm Shield with upgraded sights. The 9mm has a good punch and easily concealable. Accuracy is pretty decent but comparing it to the 686 revolver, 40 cals, or 45 cals is like comparing apples to oranges. Everyone has got to find the middle ground between being able to conceal and having good accuracy. When you give up barrel length to conceal some accuracy is lost. But lots of practice solves that problem

A bunch of yeas back I went handgun small game hunting with a NRA Handgun Instructor, He was the one that ended up in the ER after shooting himself in the foot, with a handgun.........:whistling:

Since he ended up being OK after the healing, he will NEVER hear the end of it either.......:stickpoke::rotf::stirthepot:

A bunch of yeas back I went handgun small game hunting with a NRA Handgun Instructor, He was the one that ended up in the ER after shooting himself in the foot, with a handgun.........:whistling:

Since he ended up being OK after the healing, he will NEVER hear the end of it either.......:stickpoke::rotf::stirthepot:

Years ago my nephew ordered and bought one of those cheapy little 40 dollar 380 semi automatic pocket guns. This was wayyy back when a person could walk into a gun show and walk out with 4 - Chinese 7.62x39 SKS's still covered in cosmoline and wrapped in that funny looking brown paper and 3 cases of that green boxed Chinese ammo whose bullets felt like they had wood under the copper jacket and were also highly corrosive as mentioned earlier by Fool I think - and not spend 500 bucks for all of it...

So I walk into my Aunts house and find my nephew tinkering with the cute little cheapy 380 and notice he's somewhat reckless in his handling of the little shooter... Before I left I told em that he really needed to handle that little pea shooter with care cause those little barrels always seemed to be easy to find themselves pointing in the wrong direction = he grinned and said he would..

Couple days later my Aunt called and said my nephew was down at the ER with the tip of pointer finger missin.. Story has it he accidently snagged the trigger on something while he had the barrel covered with the tip of his finger:doh:... Later in life he joined the military, became a sniper and currently lives down in Texas where he is still an avid gun toter. Last time I saw him while in the middle of him beggin me to go down there and help him lead slap wild pigs I couldn't help but ask if he ever found the end of his pointer finger... :missingtooth::big-grin-emoticon:

Lil'Yammer told me today he is off to Texas Friday for more training as instructor!!! Real Proud of that one. He told me last time I was down for visit. " Bout to show em I'm a Woods Dad. Gonna run this Place!!!" So if anybody gits locked up there I may be able to get you a extra tray now & then........ I remind him every time we shoot how easy it is to slip. :backinmyday:

Lil'Yammer told me today he is off to Texas Friday for more training as instructor!!! Real Proud of that one. He told me last time I was down for visit. " Bout to show em I'm a Woods Dad. Gonna run this Place!!!" So if anybody gits locked up there I may be able to get you a extra tray now & then........ I remind him every time we shoot how easy it is to slip. :backinmyday:

• 1 month later...

One of the things we have access to in Canada which you guys in the US do not, is the product line made by Norinco in China. I understand that they are prohibited by law from being imported into the USA.

Say what you will about cheap Chinese goods (I do, often!), but there have been some gems at incredible prices from Norinco at times.

To whit: I bought a couple of 1911A1's a few years ago. They are real, honest actual forgings - frame and slide, as well as small parts. Nothing cast or MIM. The milling sometimes looks like it was done by high school shop class kids, but they function well, and are an excellent platform for upgrades/customizing. The price was $400 CAD.

Did I mention for the $400CAD price tag, they came packaged with a crate of 1000 rds of brass cased 230gr ball ammo? Crazy.

Also popular is their M305S rifle. What it is, is a forged M1A. Depending on the specimen you got, the machining and assembly might range from just acceptable, to actually quite good. One I had was objectively as good as a Springfield M1A that I saw at our range, sans the Gucci go-fast bits. It was imperative to check the headspace on them though; quite a few were out of spec. For many years they were priced at $425. A crate of 760rds of steel cased, copper washed 7.62X51 ammo was around $200.

One of their biggest sellers here is/was 5.56x45, 55gr brass cased ammo. 1120rds in a case for $250ish.

These make for fun, affordable plinkers.

I load my own for hunting/precision rifles, but at those prices I couldn't be bothered to load in volume for soup can hunting.

Nope... We have them here too... Not lately, but until 1993-2003 they did a pretty good job of flooding the market with their stuff... Albeit was cheap...

In 1993, the import of most Norinco firearms and ammunition into the United States was blocked under new trade rules when China's permanent normal trade relations status was renewed. The prohibition did not apply to sporting shotguns or shotgun ammunition however. In 1994, U.S. Customs agents conducted a sting against Atlanta based importers of Norinco firearms.[8]

In August 2003, the Bush Administration imposed sanctions on Norinco for allegedly selling missile-related goods to Iran.[9] These sanctions led to a prohibition on imports into the US of the remaining types of firearms and ammunition not covered by the 1993 ban

In the market their manufacturing has been lacking, and not very popular compared to other countries. I'd also question their ammo as most the the cheaper stuff on the world market is dirty and highly corrosive.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Norinco-Firearms/Browse.aspx?Keywords=Norinco

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/774326524

I had one of the Norinco 1911's which I bought a long time ago for a very good price. It was very well made and as accurate as the Colt 1911's. I recall a few competition shooters had them made up into target/race guns.

Nope... We have them here too... Not lately, but until 1993-2003 they did a pretty good job of flooding the market with their stuff... Albeit was cheap...

In 1993, the import of most Norinco firearms and ammunition into the United States was blocked under new trade rules when China's permanent normal trade relations status was renewed. The prohibition did not apply to sporting shotguns or shotgun ammunition however. In 1994, U.S. Customs agents conducted a sting against Atlanta based importers of Norinco firearms.[8]

In August 2003, the Bush Administration imposed sanctions on Norinco for allegedly selling missile-related goods to Iran.[9] These sanctions led to a prohibition on imports into the US of the remaining types of firearms and ammunition not covered by the 1993 ban

In the market their manufacturing has been lacking, and not very popular compared to other countries. I'd also question their ammo as most the the cheaper stuff on the world market is dirty and highly corrosive.

https://www.gunbroker.com/Norinco-Firearms/Browse.aspx?Keywords=Norinco

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/774326524

Whether Norc ammo is corrosive or not is a known quantity. All of the stuff for com-bloc guns is; 7.62x39, Tok ammo, etc. The stuff for NATO country guns typically is not; 45ACP, 5.56x45, etc. The ammo is almost all new old stock military supply contract ammo. I did have a case of 5.56 that was marked .223Rem, and in 20rd boxes though.

It is ALL dirty though, and loaded hot. Like MAX LOAD hot when fired over a chrony.

Whether Norc ammo is corrosive or not is a known quantity. All of the stuff for com-bloc guns is; 7.62x39, Tok ammo, etc. The stuff for NATO country guns typically is not; 45ACP, 5.56x45, etc. The ammo is almost all new old stock military supply contract ammo. I did have a case of 5.56 that was marked .223Rem, and in 20rd boxes though.

It is ALL dirty though, and loaded hot. Like MAX LOAD hot when fired over a chrony.

I don't think where it came from makes a difference. It's like all military arms manufacturing, it's all put out to bid and the cheapest usually wins the contract. The Euro, Pound, Lira, etc. is king. Not all countries are as strict as the US when it comes to meeting contract specs. I guess if I owned one gun and shot the 'H' out of it, I'd buy on the cheap too... But I don't, so I don't... :-) I'll stick with the home grown variety... :essen_018::uk2:

I don't think where it came from makes a difference. It's like all military arms manufacturing, it's all put out to bid and the cheapest usually wins the contract. The Euro, Pound, Lira, etc. is king. Not all countries are as strict as the US when it comes to meeting contract specs. I guess if I owned one gun and shot the 'H' out of it, I'd buy on the cheap too... But I don't, so I don't... :-) I'll stick with the home grown variety... :essen_018::uk2:

Ok,,, ok ok,,, I KNOW I am getting rediculusly anal, senile, grumpy and all that in my old age but this has been buggin me here so I just gotta say something,,,,,,, Jack,, hold your cursor over the little flag waver dude in your post above and notice what text pops up when you do? Did you mean to choose that flag as your home shooter growin place or is it time for us to petition @Freebird for an American flag waver that us geezers can actually see :Laugh::stirthepot::stickpoke:

Ok,,, ok ok,,, I KNOW I am getting rediculusly anal, senile, grumpy and all that in my old age but this has been buggin me here so I just gotta say something,,,,,,, Jack,, hold your cursor over the little flag waver dude in your post above and notice what text pops up when you do? Did you mean to choose that flag as your home shooter growin place or is it time for us to petition Freebird for an American flag waver that us geezers can actually see :Laugh::stirthepot::stickpoke:

Dang!! I thought that was a US Flag Puc. Thanks for catching that. It is too damn small and I think it's about time Don gave us old half blind folks an Old Glory we can see. Always wondered why our neighbors north of the boarder had the nice big one??

http://www.justiceacademy.org/iShare/Active%20School%20Shootings%20Incidents/Crime%20Prevention%20Photo%20File/Crime%20Prevention%20Photographs%20Support%20Photo%20File/American%20Flag%20with%20Cross.jpg

Z