IGNORED

My second Millie 2000 MM rebuild process

StarFan

Bought a Millenium 2000 Venture about 4 years ago in the States without seeing it and my good Buddy Craig (cecdoo) went and picked it up for me and kept it in his garage for 4 years - What a friend. Last fall when I was in the US I stayed for some days at Craig´s and Kim´s lovely home in PA and with the help of Craig we took the bike half way up to Main to a transporter that delivered it to the shipping yard for the voyage to Iceland. Will never forget when I walked into Craig´s garage and laid my eyes on the bike for the first time - and said to Craig: Did I actually buy this heap of Cr,,, Craig ?? His answer was simple: YES you did. I have been thinking of selling it for spare parts but I actually think it will shine up pretty nice !

Well to make a long story short the bike arrived in Iceland mid October 2017 and I took it to my workshop and started looking at what needed to be done - man that list was long:

1. Badly leaking Valve cover gaskets: Adjust valves and replace gaskets, clean the carbs and adjust floats, carbtune. Replace and relocate the fuel filter. Replace air filters. Replace oil filter.

2. Looking like it had never been serviced: Change ALL and EVERY fluid. Back and front brakes, clutch, rear drive, fork oil and cooling liquid. change all brake pads and install speed Bleeders for brakes and clutch.

3. Electrical wiring was shady to say the least: Go over all the wiring harness, solder dubious connections, add relays, change connectors and prevent the harness to catch fire (there was a real danger of that), do the ignition ByPass, part out added shabby fuse box, rewire heated grips,horns and driving lights. Rewire the whole horn harness.

4. Service all greasing points: Tear off the rear end and go over the drive mechanism, grease the splines and drive shaft. Remove swing arm and pack bearings. Remove shock, dog bones and the chunk that holds the spring in place, clean and grease everything up.

5. The body work: Replace lower left front fairing and repaint both fairings. Repaint the trunk lid because of cracks in clear coat. Replace some of plastic covers in lower front fairings. Paint all black plastic in the Pearl white color of the bike as well as the steel cover for the rear brake resorvoir.

6. Replace both engine guards: Both engine guards proved to be bent beyond repair so both had to be replaced.

7. Cleaning: Degrease all and every part of bike, frame, engine, body you name it - the whole bike under and over. Buff chrome and other parts with rubbing compound. Polish everything to a high gloss shine. Buff heads of rusted bolts to chrome shine. Remove and buff front wheel covers and tripple tree. Replace fork covers with some chromed ones.

8. Seats: They looked like dark brown and had to be thouroughly cleaned. Patched the driver seat and cleaned the others. Came out almost like new.

And the list goes on and on,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well I am almost done - The last thing needed is adjusting the valves and replacing the valve cover gaskets. Install the carbs and the rest of the bike and she hopefully will fire right up and be ready to go,,,,,to a new owner !!

Here are some pictures from the process - Craig was right - She is beginning to look pretty nice :) Would not be here if not for Craigs patience and help. Best bike keeper ever :o

IMG_1260.jpg

Edited.jpg

edited 1.jpg

edited 2.jpg

edited 3.jpg

edited 4.jpg

edited 5.jpg

edited 6.jpg

edited 7.jpg

edited 8.jpg

edited 9.jpg

edited 10.jpg