IGNORED

How many have Sleep Apnea??

Yammer Dan

Over the years I have had dizzy spells, chest pain, nausea, extremely tired, up numerous times a night etc. In fall of 2014 I ended up in the hospital thinking I was having a heart attack, had all the tests done and heart ain't great but better than most. This was followed by a couple of years of different medications trying to knock down the symptoms. A few years ago my wife started sleeping in the spare room due to my snoring. Last fall she suggested I get tested for sleep apnea, I did, running an average of 21 episodes an hour. I now sleep with a ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset with a nasal mask (the nasal pillows drove me nuts) and average under 1 episode an hour now. Most if not all the lingering symptoms have disappeared, my wife can even sleep with me now :banana::cool10: It did take a bit of getting use to but definitely worth it. I did not purchase the machine from the people that ran the test. They ran a trial for a month, I took the settings off the machine once we got it fine tuned for me and purchased off the net, paid $1,000 all in as compared to the $2400 they wanted. They said their's included follow ups, but if you register the machine with RedMed it will down load your results for review, really cool. I wish I would have done this years ago. I hope that you can get use to it, it has definitely improved my quality of life.

Did the Sleep Study thing again last night. They claim it is Severe now? Can no longer use C Pap must use Bi Pap?? I got this crap in 2013. Tried for a year to use it. Really tried!! Could not get used to the thing. Too much noise and never fit right!! Called them in 2014 and told them I could not use. They told me they would be out next week to see why. Still waiting for that visit. They did another Sleep Study last night and tried the Scare tatics. Claim it is really bad. The mask I used last night was a lot better than the old one and I did sleep for a few hrs. What the Hell is a BiPap?? How many we got putting up with this Torture Machine?? Good think is the VA picks up the bill for this one!! I did drop my machine off the back crossing the Tenn. River at about 70 mph. Still blows!!!

I have moderate sleep apnea. Cannot use that torture machine. Tried and tried but cannot get use to the darn thing. My Dr. told me to not worry about it, because I am thin and it's moderate. Good luck.

Dan,

i have known a boat load of folks down through the years that use CPAP and BiPAP machines and love the heck out of them, including myself. I have never seen or personally heard of anyone who has struggled with, hate, had the issues with, frustrated with, at the level you have been experiencing. It truly amazes me. Hopefully, this new machine will work for you.

Hang in there friend. You’ll love it once you get used to it. And, most importantly, it’s gonna save your life.

Big Lenny

Got a New Dream Machine today. The Thing won't TURN ON!!!

My dream machine had switch in the back and the Nob you need to have it turned to therapy, My new one I have to hold in to shut off, maybe you have to hold in to turn on. But mine when I put it on my face it will turn on automatically also. Takes a couple of breaths to do but it comes on.

Load of info. How to apply??:think: Loose 40 lbs and I probally wouldn't have this problem!!!:backinmyday: Or learn to sleep with the blasted thing!! :Avatars_Gee_George:Guess I'll work in both directions and see what happens!!

That's about where I'm at. Would love to lose the weight so I can sleep normally again.

Holy cr@p it sounds like half the board is on a c-pap machine.... I'm turning 7 in a couple of months... I don't use the first digit any longer 'cause it's depressing... But so far I'm sleeping pretty d@mn good. Wake up once in the middle of the night to pee and every once in a while I do get in an all-nighter... I feel pretty fortunate I don't have to deal with apnea... :happy34: