IGNORED

Tourney time & Retirement!!!

Yammer Dan

I like Collage Basketball. I remember working and trying to catch the scores or a few minutes of the game on somebody's radio!! During those years I spent patrolling the Yard the convicts would tune their radios to the game when My WVU Mountaineers were playing as I made my rounds! Or the ones that wanted to show how bad they were would have Rap blasting. After a little discussion this usually changed. But Retirement does have it good points!! I get to sit and watch that Big 65 inch screen while my Mountaineers whup SleeperHawk's Jaybirds!!!! Might even sneak in a few minutes of Kentucky spanking Bama!! We going to the big dance this year and if we play as we can we could go Deep!!! Not bad for a school that I heard a few years ago couldn't hang in the Big 12. I'll give it a couple more years before we take our place at the top of the Big 12 and put those Posers in their place!!! :backinmyday:

Coming For Ya SleeperHawk!!!:Avatars_Gee_George::mugshot

:sign yeah that::Avatars_Gee_George::Avatars_Gee_George:

If WVU & Marshall make it thru the 1st round they play each other!!! We got a easy one 1st round:innocent-emoticon: not sure about Marshall..... I would wish ya luck RDawson but.......:innocent-emoticon:

You definitely have the advantage with the 5 seed vs our 12 but I learned never count em out. In 1988 MSU went in a 16 and took out No 1 NC State. They've knocked out a few upsets since then. Any given day who knows. We've also lost our share of head scratchers too. :confused24::confused24:

You definitely have the advantage with the 5 seed vs our 12 but I learned never count em out. In 1988 MSU went in a 16 and took out No 1 NC State. They've knocked out a few upsets since then. Any given day who knows. We've also lost our share of head scratchers too. :confused24::confused24:

:sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::sign yeah that::backinmyday:

Racers look like they should be in it!! Have they played a full court Press Defense?? Press Virginia on the way West!!:mugshot:

They play best with a fast running game. Some really good 3 shooters. When they're on they're tough to keep up with, when they're off, well..........

You are on!! Press Virginia likes it when they try to run!!! Run them right off the court. Of course I went and researched the Racers a little after they matched us up. Should be a good game!! DEFENSE against Offence............:banana::banana: But we can score a few points!!

For a small OVC school MSU has a pretty rich basketball tradition. Several big school coaches started their head coaching careers here. Mick Cronin and Steve Prohm were the last two. Mark Gottfried was another and Houston Nutt coached football here before Arkansas and Mississippi. I don't believe we'll ever be a top NCAA school but it's fun for a small school. On another note my oldest starts U Kentucky med school this fall so I guess I'll have to support them some now.

I take my coffee with cream and just wave the sugar spoon over it........:innocent-emoticon::mugshot:

I'm pretty persnickety about my high fallutin coffee myself. Folgers with good clean well water and keep the cream and sugar as far away as possible. Now you do understand I'm rooting for the underdogs so if we lose it's expected by most and no big deal, however if they win they're the heroes of the day. So I'm betting a cup of coffee against long odds but the bragging rights for an upset are far more valuable. No shame in losing to a better team but harder to take losing to a team most people never heard of. :fireman: Not sure they'll :250:on your parade but it'll sure be enjoyable if they do.

Them Racers don't quit!!! We didn't have a great game but had to keep scrapping. Marshall had a few chances to lay down but kept coming!!! Sunday should be interesting. Racers Point Guard just had bad game. He could have made it a lot closer but Carter had other ideas!!

Gotta give Carter props. He shut Stark down, he's usually a deadeye 3 point shooter. They're definitely not used to that physical of a game, OVC refs call much tighter, they got out muscled. Gotta say I thought refs called an even game (what little I got to see) they let them play without calling little stuff. Only thing I thought was out of line was the 3 ball with 2 seconds left. Back in my coaching days if we had a good lead last few seconds no player was allowed to shoot. It's a sportsmanship/class thing to me. Congrats to WVU, good luck in the dance.

I'll get the coffee brewing:beer:

I agree with that late 3 pointer but did you see the ball in the nuts??? All in all a good game. When we are hitting on all cylinders we could play with anybody. Got that win over Virginia. Kansas just has our number for some reason. Sure would like another shot at them around the Final four!!!

I agree with that late 3 pointer but did you see the ball in the nuts??? All in all a good game. When we are hitting on all cylinders we could play with anybody. Got that win over Virginia. Kansas just has our number for some reason. Sure would like another shot at them around the Final four!!!

No I missed most of the game, listened to it on the bike while running errands. Got to see the first few minutes and the last 3 minutes (last 3 without sound). If one of ours did an intentional shot to the nuts then some level of sportsmanship is out the window and paybacks are expected. In all fairness since I didn't see the rest of the game I should not have mentioned it, sometimes paybacks are due and expected. I wasn't in the greatest of moods when I got home and did that, a guy up the road crossed in front of me in a one ton for what was probably the closest call I've ever had on a bike. Was pretty mad at the world at that time.

But as an example in the OVC playoff game MSU was in a similar situation and dribbled out the play clock without trying to shoot, it is something I always like to see at all levels of sports. However as I said if paybacks are due then the gloves are off, sportsmanship has to go both ways. It's something I've strived for in coaching for years, give it all you got, play to win, do it respectfully, and with class. Right up until the opponent shows they don't deserve respect then pull out all stops. Never liked running up a score either unless it was a team that had done it to you in the past, paybacks are a B**ch but are effective.

CONGRATS again to WVU definitely out played us.