IGNORED

Sold the Spyder Tonight

Freebird

What a relief. After buying the Slingshot, I really hoped to sell the Spyder fairly quickly. A retired gentleman and his wife stopped by and looked at it last night and just called to say that he would take it. So, I'll have some room in the garage again very soon.

Just a little suggestion for those of you trying to sell things. If you are on Facebook, try their "Marketplace". Over the past 3 weeks, I've sold three things using Facebook Marketplace. I had my old John Deere 110 and a Agri-Fab leaf vacuum on Craigslist for several weeks and got no results. I put them on Facebook Marketplace and sold the John Deere the day after listing it and the leaf vacuum the second day after listing it.

Had the Spyder on Craigslist and got a couple of emails but nothing else. Had about 6 or 8 inquiries from Facebook and sold it in 4 days.

Having much more success on Facebook Marketplace than Craigslist.

I have sold things that way, but no one wants to give what your asking around here. Of course chinese scooters are a harder sell people see the 50cc selling for 600 brand new, I kept getting low low offers on my 150cc finally sold it for what I wanted two weeks later. The 50cc I had it sold in a couple days and I more then doubled what I paid but not till after 50-100 offers. Craigslist is quite slow I will say I had the 150cc on there for over 3 months and finally took a leap and put it on facebook..

Glad you sold it fast enough for you.:happy34: As far as Facebook is concerned never had it never will. Zucker can stuff it with his over reaching intrusive website. It has caused more harm than good in my family and others.:smash2:

LOL...that is hilarious. :) Well, the Spyder just left here. The guy brought CASH. I told him that I was OK with his check but he just wanted me to feel good about it. I know the cash is good, some of the hundreds were still damp. He said that they just printed them this morning. :)

Seems the craigslist in my area always has several obvious scams on it, bikes that are priced waaaay below market value with only the craigslist email as a contact point usually.

A long time ago, I sold a car to a co-worker. I was a little leery about selling it to someone I knew and let him drive it all weekend to make sure that was what he wanted. I met him at the bank on Monday at lunch time. I signed the title over to him and then he tells me that he is a couple hundred short and would pay me in two weeks. I could only agree since the title had been signed. He did pay me the money in a couple of weeks but I am also sure that he wouldn't have if anything had happened to the car in the mean time. So, my policy after that was to have the cash in hand before signing the title. I also double check the serial numbers of any vehicle to make sure it agrees with the title. About the same time frame, a co-worker's job ended and he put his house up for sale. That is when he found out that he owned the house next door and the lady next door owned his due to a mix up in paper work. he hired a lawyer to get it all changed and the lady next door was agreeable to the whole situation but the lesson was there. Check the paper work.