IGNORED

Why I live in Arizona - Part 2,653

videoarizona

@VanRiver, Will do....it might be chilly though. According to the Almanac we are supposed to have a wet and cold winter....Not usual for us but does happen.

As far as seeing you...just let me know when. We have some Holiday functions to go to in December and I'll be camping in the trailer at https://azstateparks.com/lost-dutchman from Dec 3 - 7. Space 18. Come visit...will make a nice ride for you. Text me...I'll have the phone.

Other than that....lets have lunch or dinner somewhere. Your choice this time, I believe!

Looking forward to seeing you...

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from a week camping at the Lost Dutchman State Park. Nice place. It was a good week. Warm days and cool evenings! The rain threat was nothing more than sprinkles....

Some pictures to share....

My trailer at our site. The utilities were on the wrong side at this park. Was interesting trying to figure out where to park to get the best view and still have room to run the water and electricity!

20181205_171445.jpg

This is for @cowpuc and Tippy....

20181205_152214.jpg

20181205_152334.jpg

Turn up the volume for this clip. I call it "Dual in the Desert"....just before sunset...

Youuuu lop eared desert lovin Puc teasin varmint,,,, Tip, Trooper and I just got in ourselves Vaz and gotta tell ya,,, we neither saw nor heard NOTHING even close to your adventure sharing.. WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, JUST GORGEOUS!!

YIP, YIP YIPPPPP = THANK YOU for sharing my brother!!!!

Puc

Took both Ventures for a ride today with StaBil in in the tanks. Not much riding the past couple of months...and probably not any for another month...so gave them the exercise they deserved!

No pictures, but use your imagination...I wasn't wearing long johns...it was 72 degrees out!

:biker:

• 2 weeks later...
Looking good videoarizona!!! I'm heading down to AZ on the 27th for 3+ weeks, hope we can meet up! Please talk to the weather man for me to keep the nice riding weather going.:twing:

James and I met up for lunch. We got caught up on all of our family and professional stuff. I do like our get togethers. He'll be back in Arizona in March or April...and we are going to try and plan a day trip on the scoots! He needs the break from running his business. We both need the ride!

He rode up on his BMW he bought for pennies! Nice looking bike, for sure!

20181214_123645.jpg

Thanks, James! Have a safe winter and see you in the Spring!

Got out today for a ride. Went to Nickels Diner in Rio Rico, my favorite little diner, and had a simple lunch. No BBQ today. Then on to Patagonia Lake. Wanted to look at the camping spot I chose for the week of January 29-Feb 3rd.

At the diner....

20181221_131125.jpg

My spot at the lake next month....

20181221_142622.jpg

We have 8 trailers/RV's going at this point. We have most of this loop you see behind and beside me filled. Going to be a fun week. Interesting that this is our sailing club. It seems most of us have added trailers or RV's to our stable of boats!

78 degrees and cloudy today. RSV ran very well. Came home at 8u0mph on freeway...wanted to blow out the cobwebs and any black widows hiding under the fenders...lol!

Snoopy!

20181221_143009.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
add picture of Snoopy

James and I met up for lunch. We got caught up on all of our family and professional stuff. I do like our get togethers. He'll be back in Arizona in March or April...and we are going to try and plan a day trip on the scoots! He needs the break from running his business. We both need the ride!

He rode up on his BMW he bought for pennies! Nice looking bike, for sure!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115191

Thanks, James! Have a safe winter and see you in the Spring!

:scared:,,, GREAT PIC VAz (as ALWAYS!!!).. That finished product Beemer of Riv's makes me BEEM :big-grin-emoticon:!!! I think if that gorgeous thing were my scoot I would have named him "Sunny" cause the sun beam he brings is so bright!! GORGEOUS scoot Riv!! CONGRATS to you two lop eared trouble makin varmints on the M&G.. One of these days Tip and I are gonna join that party!!:thumbsup:

Got out today for a ride. Went to Nickels Diner in Rio Rico, my favorite little diner, and had a simple lunch. No BBQ today. Then on to Patagonia Lake. Wanted to look at the camping spot I chose for the week of January 29-Feb 3rd.

At the diner....

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115194

My spot at the lake next month....

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115195

We have 8 trailers/RV's going at this point. We have most of this loop you see behind and beside me filled. Going to be a fun week. Interesting that this is our sailing club. It seems most of us have added trailers or RV's to our stable of boats!

78 degrees and cloudy today. RSV ran very well. Came home at 8u0mph on freeway...wanted to blow out the cobwebs and any black widows hiding under the fenders...lol!

Snoopy!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115196

DO NOT FORGET TO WINTERIZE THOSE WATER SYSTEMS!! My neighbor just discovered that his $35000 dollar toy hauler is full of water leaks in the pipes because he forgot that... Oh, wait,,,, YOU varmints is down yonder where Fool cant get cha :big-grin-emoticon:

Love it brother!! ENJOY!!!!!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

• 5 weeks later...

Well...our snow is long gone... Flyinfool did get some down here...just enough to make life nice for a few days for us Arizonans. I don't remember if I posted the picture of me and the snow shovel.....I brushed off the 5 inches on the cars and that gave me reason to break out the shovel and shovel the snow off the driveway. LOL!

20190102_082510.jpg43857.jpg

Went for a ride today. Took the RSV this time (last week the VR)

Went down to the border and tooled around. Went through a tank of gas having fun exploring near Nogales AZ. Finally got tired and headed north to Rio Rico and just made it to the diner as they closed 2 minutes before I got there. The owner let me in and I had a nice lunch yakking to him and the ladies.

Stopped at some of my favorite haunts and found out the steak house that has been around for years, The Cow Palace...(John Wayne used to come in from his ranch and eat) is going to stay closed after a horrific flood. The restaurant that has been closed across the street for years (Longhorn Grill) is going to open again!

I know the owners...will be good food. Lots of steaks the owner said!

IMG_20140906_073441_480A.jpg

Above picture was taken a few years ago. This will re-open hopefully Valentines Day.

Today....on the road. Looks like there's still a touch of white stuff on the mountains behind the scoot.

20190120_141129.jpg

20190120_135603.jpg

78 degrees today. Nice.

That's it for riding for a while unless I bring the RSV up to Phoenix to stay at my Harley buddie's house so we can ride Spring and summer in the mountains. We shall see....Next weekend I bring the trailer home to rinse out the fresh water tank again....then pack it up for a week of camping at the lake.

Edited by videoarizona
add snow and spelling

Well...our snow is long gone... Flyinfool did get some down here...just enough to make life nice for a few days for us Arizonans. I don't remember if I posted the picture of me and the snow shovel.....I brushed off the 5 inches on the cars and that gave me reason to break out the shovel and shovel the snow off the driveway. LOL!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115345https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115344

Went for a ride today. Took the RSV this time (last week the VR)

Went down to the border and tooled around. Went through a tank of gas having fun exploring near Nogales AZ. Finally got tired and headed north to Rio Rico and just made it to the diner as they closed 2 minutes before I got there. The owner let me in and I had a nice lunch yakking to him and the ladies.

Stopped at some of my favorite haunts and found out the steak house that has been around for years, The Cow Palace...(John Wayne used to come in from his ranch and eat) is going to stay closed after a horrific flood. The restaurant that has been closed across the street for years (Longhorn Grill) is going to open again!

I know the owners...will be good food. Lots of steaks the owner said!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115341

Above picture was taken a few years ago. This will re-open hopefully Valentines Day.

Today....on the road. Looks like there's still a touch of white stuff on the mountains behind the scoot.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115342

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115343

78 degrees today. Nice.

That's it for riding for a while unless I bring the RSV up to Phoenix to stay at my Harley buddie's house so we can ride Spring and summer in the mountains. We shall see....Next weekend I bring the trailer home to rinse out the fresh water tank again....then pack it up for a week of camping at the lake.

THANKS VAZ!! I NEEDED THAT!!:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::cold::hihi:

• 1 month later...

Okie Dokie...here we are again....another month has gone by. Where they go and how they manage to zip by so fast...is a question I'll never be able to answer in my lifetime.

This past weekend, we took the boat out to the lake for a weekend sail and campout with friends. It was raining while we set up the boat and launched...but just as we cleared the breakwater, the rain stopped and the sun came out. We had a gorgeous day sailing.....

20190302_133438.jpg

Then we found a "secret" cove....you can only get to it when the water level at the lake is high enough.

20190302_175436.jpg20190302_175458.jpg

3 boats...close friends....party time!

highres_479212855.jpg

We were celebrating Mardi Gras...hence the beads and such all over the boats...

20190302_183051.jpg20190302_183126.jpg

Jambalaya was for dinner...really good!

In the morning after breakfast and some coffee....we rowed around the cove. Enjoyed the wild burros yakking at us and the quiet peaceful morning. About 65 degrees...

highres_479212865.jpg

I'm a pretty lucky guy. I have a used sailboat that has served well for 15 years now... Yamaha scoots...and this past year...a travel trailer. Bought them all used for very little bux and each one has given myself and my better half so much fun!

Plus...living in Arizona. I can't say enough about this place. But to able to do whatever I want, 24-7, 365...is a blessing all by itself. There is something nice about hunkering down in front of a fireplace while 2 feet of snow is blowing in all around you. I get that...been there. But to do that on a boat sitting in a cove with a glass in hand...or around a campfire with a dozen friends surrounded by our RV's...or sitting at a rest area somewhere I've never been...that's all pretty nice too!

Not to many more stories will be coming my way to youse guys and gals for your enjoyment. You are coming into Spring soon...and you will be out in the garage getting those scoots ready to fly...CTFW wherever it takes you! Then it will be my turn to sit and watch and read your tales of fun!

We are planning on this year's MD. But whether we arrive with a trailer or a rental car...that's still up in the air.

Later,

:beer:

Edited by videoarizona
spelling of course

Guest divey

Yes AZ is a nice place for sure, except when it’s snowing, raining or below freezing and you’re trying to escape all of that in an RV, lol. Been chasing the sunshine for about 2 months and finally found it this week in Apache Junction. Seriously though, it’s been great and your fellow Arizonians are pretty nice folks as well😀. Doug

Yes AZ is a nice place for sure, except when it’s snowing, raining or below freezing and you’re trying to escape all of that in an RV, lol. Been chasing the sunshine for about 2 months and finally found it this week in Apache Junction. Seriously though, it’s been great and your fellow Arizonians are pretty nice folks as well. Doug

Take a ride over to the Lost Dutchman State Park. It's just outside of Apache Junction.

https://azstateparks.com/lost-dutchman/

We stayed there last fall for a week. Great place!

20181205_171445.jpg

Sad to say though, Doug...another cold front is on it's way and should go by you on Friday morning. Our 85 degrees today will drop to the 60's by Friday with a chance of rain. Weekend should be sunny but cool...then rain on Monday!

Sorry!

Edited by videoarizona
add weather

Take a ride over to the Lost Dutchman State Park. It's just outside of Apache Junction.

https://azstateparks.com/lost-dutchman/

We stayed there last fall for a week. Great place!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115667

Sad to say though, Doug...another cold front is on it's way and should go by you on Friday morning. Our 85 degrees today will drop to the 60's by Friday with a chance of rain. Weekend should be sunny but cool...then rain on Monday!

Sorry!

:thumbdown:,, what,,, you got something again Kanuckians brother? @divey is a good friend/brother of mine,, best to play kindly with that one VAz,,,, :think: now iffen we was talking @Marcarl or that @saddlebum lop eared varmint,,, then I would say,, yeahh,, pick on them Kanuckian lop eareds but not Doug = just to nice of guy... :rasberry:

Okie Dokie...here we are again....another month has gone by. Where they go and how they manage to zip by so fast...is a question I'll never be able to answer in my lifetime.

This past weekend, we took the boat out to the lake for a weekend sail and campout with friends. It was raining while we set up the boat and launched...but just as we cleared the breakwater, the rain stopped and the sun came out. We had a gorgeous day sailing.....

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115661

Then we found a "secret" cove....you can only get to it when the water level at the lake is high enough.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115662https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115663

3 boats...close friends....party time!

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115660

We were celebrating Mardi Gras...hence the beads and such all over the boats...

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115664https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115665

Jambalaya was for dinner...really good!

In the morning after breakfast and some coffee....we rowed around the cove. Enjoyed the wild burros yakking at us and the quiet peaceful morning. About 65 degrees...

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=115666

I'm a pretty lucky guy. I have a used sailboat that has served well for 15 years now... Yamaha scoots...and this past year...a travel trailer. Bought them all used for very little bux and each one has given myself and my better half so much fun!

Plus...living in Arizona. I can't say enough about this place. But to able to do whatever I want, 24-7, 365...is a blessing all by itself. There is something nice about hunkering down in front of a fireplace while 2 feet of snow is blowing in all around you. I get that...been there. But to do that on a boat sitting in a cove with a glass in hand...or around a campfire with a dozen friends surrounded by our RV's...or sitting at a rest area somewhere I've never been...that's all pretty nice too!

Not to many more stories will be coming my way to youse guys and gals for your enjoyment. You are coming into Spring soon...and you will be out in the garage getting those scoots ready to fly...CTFW wherever it takes you! Then it will be my turn to sit and watch and read your tales of fun!

We are planning on this year's MD. But whether we arrive with a trailer or a rental car...that's still up in the air.

Later,

:beer:

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW,, now THAT is doing up rightgeous brother!! JUST FLAT OUT AWESOME!!:clap2::clap2::dancefool::dancefool::dancefool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks VAz,, your ol frost bitten, cabin fevered, froze to bone Northern buddy and his bride REALLY needed that!:thumbsup:

Just beautiful!!:thumbsup:

:thumbdown:,, what,,, you got something again Kanuckians brother? divey is a good friend/brother of mine,, best to play kindly with that one VAz,,,, :think: now iffen we was talking Marcarl or that saddlebum lop eared varmint,,, then I would say,, yeahh,, pick on them Kanuckian lop eareds but not Doug = just to nice of guy... :rasberry:

Not us Honest! They are doing it to themselves. This cold stuff is coming down from their neck of the woods!

:canada:

We had a break in the weather....the cold front came through with highwinds. But Saturday was nice so I went and got the trailer to install new batteries in.

What a fun time that was. Just barely enough room to put 2 6-volt golf cart batts on the rails. Had to do some fancy cutting on the battery boxes to fit them in side by side...and then did manage to find room for the shut off switch.

See the VR watching me from the garage?

20190309_120210.jpg20190309_171432.jpg20190309_171441.jpg

While I was waiting for the paint on the rails to dry....I was standing in front of the garage and kept hearing this whispering. Something or someone was calling my name and saying "ride me...ride me..."

I turned around and the 89 VR was beckoning to me with her tailpipes...she wanted to run free with the cool wind and warm sun...

So....

20190309_153432.jpg

We burned through a half a tank...ran into a guy on an RSTD...his license plate said so! He said two other people had come up to him and mentioned they recognized the motor and had a bike like that. But I failed to ask him about Ventureriders.org. Dumb!

Nice day.....

Edited by videoarizona
spelling of course

• 2 months later...

Nice ride yesterday morning. I do like the Nogales, Patagonia, Sonoita loop run. Breakfast at the Stage Stop Inn. Still good food!

It was chilly out in the morning....wanted to get an early start...but not going to put my long johns on!

Arizona in May??? Really? Where's the Global Warming??

20190518_062430.jpg

So sat around...check the scoot over then took off....

20190518_091857.jpg

In the pic above...see the mountain range over the windshield? In previous posts where I comment on the far mountain range and where I live....well....this is the other side of those pictures. I live on the other side of that range...

20190518_091915.jpg

20190518_091935.jpg

Stage Stop Inn....

20190518_101610.jpg

Had a nice morning...4 hr ride.

BTW, if you remember the rattlesnake from a different posting? Well....after 40 plus years in Arizona, saw my 1st Gila Monster in the wild. I walked with him for about 10 minutes as he walked down the street where I live. Pleasant enough fellow, though not much of a conversationalist....protected by Arizona law now....

20190518_123553.jpg

As I was riding around the curves of the bird sanctuary in Patagonia, I thought...hmmm... I haven't heard from @VanRiver in sometime?? We usually meet in the Spring... So James, where art thou?? Here's hoping all is well up North!

Edited by videoarizona
add

That is a neat looking critter! I bet he musta been lovin the warm road. Nice to see you had the MK2 out! I've been thinking about trying to relocate to AZ so I could ride all year.

Take care bud!

Southern Arizona around Tucson area. Nicer weather than Phoenix, less traffic and nice 2 lane roads...

20160908_103837.jpg

Come on down...

Edited by videoarizona
move words

WOWZY WOW WOW WOW :178:,,, AWESOME PICS OF MORE AWESOME VAZ ADVENTURES = BEAUTIFUL!! :thumbsup:

and a GEEEELEEEE MONSTER to boot :scared:,, I have GOT to get back out there :sign green with env,, them exotic critters just seem to be booming for ya Vaz,, maybe some of your good fortune in locating snakes, lizards and road runners will rub off on me if I we do!!

:sign05::sign05::sign05::sign05::sign05::sign05::sign05: THANKS!!!!!!!!!!