IGNORED

Why I live in Arizona - Part 2,653

videoarizona

Thought I would share some thoughts after this morning's ride on the 89 VR from Phoenix down to Green Valley...

My 4 year old Shinko 230 Tourmasters are really holding up well. Still look great and handle well. Comfortable tires, for sure.

Rotella T6 oil was just used on an oil change. I've noticed the valves are a bit noisier (5-40wt synthetic vs 20-50wt dino maybe?) and she sure shifts slicker than....(insert your own word here)

And I didn't fix that pesky leak. I thought maybe that was the case when I got to Phoenix and she marked her spot.

Pic is of sunrise off of I-10 about 1/3rd of the way down. Crisp morning with cool temps and warm sun!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112045

Bike looks great, sky looks great...the pleasures of living in the Southwest!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This past Saturday, we took a trip up to Wickenburg for breakfast, then up Yarnell hill and on to Prescott via RT89. Lots of twisties!

Stopped briefly at Watson Lake Park. Kinda cool rock formations around the lake.

20180415_114122.jpg

On the way back to Phoenix on I-17, we stopped at two places. First the rest area at Sunset Point.

20180414_142120.jpg

Then on to Rock Springs Cafe...lots of history there. Was a stage coach stop way back when. They also have the "Hogs in Heat" all you can eat days throughout the year. Great BBQ!

20180414_160647.jpg

One of these days I'll get a picture of Pat without her helmet on!

Anyway, a good ride. Bike ran very well. 36 mpg's, 2 up, loaded with tools, water, warm clothes and such....from twisties at 20-40mph to interstate at 80mph. We were prepared in case it got chilly up in the hills!

This past Saturday, we took a trip up to Wickenburg for breakfast, then up Yarnell hill and on to Prescott via RT89. Lots of twisties!

Stopped briefly at Watson Lake Park. Kinda cool rock formations around the lake.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112257

On the way back to Phoenix on I-17, we stopped at two places. First the rest area at Sunset Point.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112258

Then on to Rock Springs Cafe...lots of history there. Was a stage coach stop way back when. They also have the "Hogs in Heat" all you can eat days throughout the year. Great BBQ!

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=112259

One of these days I'll get a picture of Pat without her helmet on!

Anyway, a good ride. Bike ran very well. 36 mpg's, 2 up, loaded with tools, water, warm clothes and such....from twisties at 20-40mph to interstate at 80mph. We were prepared in case it got chilly up in the hills!

Your bike looks great! I miss riding in the Senoran Desert. Especially when the cactus bloom! Those blue flowers...that's Arizona's Flower Power! :) When I lived in Phoenix, we always found riding out to Fountain Hills, a good ride there and back, and then drop into the plaza in Scottsdale for some bistro and beer. Those were the days!

• 6 months later...

To update the post...

Haven't been riding much since I got back from my cross country visiting FlyingFool and Cowpuc. Been chasing after a travel trailer and getting my allergies looked at. Gave up last week on allergies...the meds are worse than not being able to breathe!

Finally got out for a ride today....kept it simple as I need to get home and put the hitch on the truck and get ready to bring trailer to house this weekend. I have a "HoneyDo" list like steam clean the mattress, etc., You know how that goes. It's supposed to rain this weekend so I need to get as much done as possible in the next few days.

20181019_141016.jpg

20181019_143020.jpg

20181019_143045.jpg

Went up to the Elephant Head area...about a 50 mile round trip the way I went. Needed to get the bike good and warm....it hasn't run in a while.

Sure was a nice day...70's and cool wind.

Edited by videoarizona
Spelling

To update the post...

Haven't been riding much since I got back from my cross country visiting FlyingFool and Cowpuc. Been chasing after a travel trailer and getting my allergies looked at. Gave up last week on allergies...the meds are worse than not being able to breathe!

Finally got out for a ride today....kept it simple as I need to get home and put the hitch on the truck and get ready to bring trailer to house this weekend. I have a "HoneyDo" list like steam clean the mattress, etc., You know how that goes. It's supposed to rain this weekend so I need to get as much done as possible in the next few days.

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114697

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114698

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114699

Went up to the Elephant Head area...about a 50 mile round trip the way I went. Needed to get the bike good and warm....it hasn't run in a while.

Sure was a nice day...70's and cool wind.

Youuuuu lop eared :biker: in the :sun1:, :witch_brew: varmint!! :big-grin-emoticon:

Glad to hear you made it home and got a chance to CTFW some brother:banana:!!!!! GOOD ON YA,,, as always - LOVE THE PICS = THANK YOU and welcome home!!:thumbsup:

We just got in from a couple days of CT2FW's in Trooper the Micro Motorhome.. Did a color tour of fall colors. While it was suppose to drop below 32 today here (even a possibilty of some of the early season spinnings off the sides of the Wisconsin White Washer) - it never did but it was fairly cool up by "The Bridge".. Getting ready to start another amature video series of such nonsense so no pics to :stickpoke::stickpoke: with you here BUT - will be adding it up shortly...

DAD GUMMIT VAz,, those pics you got there are hard to look at without getting :178:slobber all over my beard :crackup:,,, brings tears of beauty to my eyes!!!

Tip says HEYDEE HOWDY DOOO = THANKS AGAIN FOR THE TEA I (she) AM SIPPING and sends a big ol Tippy :bighug:your way!!

By the way,,, I spent two days just before we left for our color tour cleaning carpeting with a rental Rug Doctor machine.. Did all the carpet in the house, WOWZY WOW WOW WOW did I SLEEP (remove all furniture, vacuum all carpet x3, rent - use - clean up and return rental unit = also kinda,, no, take it back - VERY sore) while up north! All the floors are dry as a bone now and lookin good!! Now I gotta go buy that sweet lady of mine a bunch of new furniture for her birthday:doh:... Oh well,, she put up with me all these years,, she deserves it :happy34::happy65:

Good to hear from ya VAz - save some Az beauty for us Northerners will ya,, ya lop eared varmint....

Luv ya

Puc

Like Puc, I'm Jealous.

Seems my riding season is over, 60 degrees is not in the 14 day forecast.

I had to winterize the Travel Trailer because it's going to drop to 30 deg. tonight

Enjoy your sun and fun, hope the allergies get better, I can relate.

Like Puc, I'm Jealous.

Seems my riding season is over, 60 degrees is not in the 14 day forecast.

I had to winterize the Travel Trailer because it's going to drop to 30 deg. tonight

Enjoy your sun and fun, hope the allergies get better, I can relate.

I don't envy youse guys and gals....I think I'm done with living in winter. I love the snow and cold, but only when I want to deal with it....

IMG_20140205_121437_974.jpg

I'm walking to the post office on New Castle Island in New Hampshire a few years back. It's the little white building in the center. I lived there for almost a year then moved back to AZ.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Castle,_New_Hampshire

I lived in what was a tavern, built in the mid 1770's. The Sons of Liberty used to meet there just before the American Revolution. The original 4 rooms are still intact and the small stairway to the 2nd floor is still original. Walking up them in bare feet is an experience....the steps are indented where people walked and the finish is silky smooth and worn beautifully and still in it's original wood.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sons_of_Liberty

IMGP3701.jpg

Our back yard looking at the River. The original horse trail/road to Boston went right through this back yard. Think Paul Revere riding past here. Now the road is on the other side of the house...and it's 4 feet from the front door. In Winter, the snow plows pile the snow almost to the 2nd floor....

IMG953912.jpg

Loved it there...didn't like being cooped up in Winter. I'm used to being able to do anything I want pretty much 365 days of the year. Spoiled.

Spent all day today on the travel trailer. Cleaning, adjusting and packing. Getting ready for our first trailer experience on Tuesday.

34417.jpg20180827_144034.jpg

14 years of camping in the sailboat...including multiple trips to Catalina Island, San Diego and the lakes around AZ. And 2 cross-country summer trips where the boat was my RV. It was fun, but a bit cramped. Looking forward to having room!

highres_469202010.jpg

The next 3 weeks, the Admiral and I have one camping trip with trailer, then 3 trips to the lake with the boat. November is party time for us in Arizona. Warm enough to enjoy being outdoors and yet cool enough to not break a sweat.

Looking forward to December...we can relax and party like normal people!

I'll try to take lots of pics of our adventures to help you, my heavy feathered friends, endure the winter ahead...

RV sig photo.jpg

Edited by videoarizona
reformat pics, add link. History of island is cool.

OUTSTANDING VAz!!!!! Tip and I wish you folks nothing but the very very best of camping/touring fun on this maiden trailer voyage!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

You certainly have PLENTY of places to go, things to do with endless :photographing:ing opportunities around every bend = CANT WAIT TO FOLLOW YOUR JOURNEY!!! :dancefool::dancefool:

The boss and I are going to Sedona this Thursday. We only have two weeks so we are flying and renting a car this time. I see there is a place in Sedona that rents slingshots...hmmmmm....how do I ditch the boss for a day? We realy enjoyed our last trip. Mogollon Plateau, Montazumas castle ( boy were those explorers lost)Jerome, Tsuzigoot. Etc. Harrys Hideaway by Cornville has the best food. The artwork in Sedona is amazing. Looking forward to the trip. Perfect motorcycle roads.

The boss and I are going to Sedona this Thursday. We only have two weeks so we are flying and renting a car this time. I see there is a place in Sedona that rents slingshots...hmmmmm....how do I ditch the boss for a day? We realy enjoyed our last trip. Mogollon Plateau, Montazumas castle ( boy were those explorers lost)Jerome, Tsuzigoot. Etc. Harrys Hideaway by Cornville has the best food. The artwork in Sedona is amazing. Looking forward to the trip. Perfect motorcycle roads.

Will have to try Harrys...can't believe I haven't been there.

Darn it....If we weren't so busy with boat and trailer, I'd ride up to visit!

Ah well...maybe I should look into setting up a meet and greet in the mountains next year. Hmmm. As if I didn't have enough to do!!

Paul,

My allergy doc said rinse the sinus's twice a day. Once in the shower and then once at night before bed. That is doing more for my allergies than all the meds combined!

At least for now...be curious how I handle it come Spring.

Talk about not fun!! Prayers Up for my friend VAz!!!!

I don't envy youse guys and gals....I think I'm done with living in winter. I love the snow and cold, but only when I want to deal with it....

I'll try to take lots of pics of our adventures to help you, my heavy feathered friends, endure the winter ahead...

Great Post David, Thanks.

Please do take pics of your adventures in the TT, be safe and enjoy.

Paul,

My allergy doc said rinse the sinus's twice a day. Once in the shower and then once at night before bed. That is doing more for my allergies than all the meds combined!

My bad season is Fall, Got our first freeze last night, I should be better soon. I too said enough with the meds, and try to limit useage.

Paul,

Every year late winter or early spring I get the runny nose allergies and this is what works for me.

https://www.vitacost.com/boericke-tafel-allergiemittel-alleraide

:scared:,,, SEDONA,,,,, WE LOVE SEDONA :sign green with env...

Sailor,, hope you folks have a FANTASTIC trip playing around and touring that area!!! NOTHING BUT THE BEST BROTHER!! :sign Rock On:

Thanks! We do enjoy all the bronze statues in town and the fabulous art in Tlaquepaque plaza. Can't afford to buy anything but looking is free ( at least that is what I tell the boss when we go to the beach and there all those 20 somethings in their thongs). Manzanita restaurant looks interesting. Wherever we go we always have a good time. Love just driving around and exploring, you never know what you might find.

Update:

Just got back in from our 1st camping trip in our trailer. Went to Patagonia Lake State Park. Nice place. I'm impressed ...the park had clean sites, clean bathrooms and clean showers. And lots of hot water...so I didn't bother to try our shower, just used theirs!

We left my home in Green Valley and it poured rain all the way to the campgrounds, which are located on the other side of the mountains in this first picture. It rained all the rest of the day and into the evening. My first time setting up the trailer and leveling it, was done in the rain. Plugging the AC wasn't a problem, I simply turned off the breakers and plugged in. Then turned the breakers on. Standing in water....didn't want any fried Davids.

20181023_112158.jpg

The lake is small, but the south end...pictured here...is large enough to water ski on....

20181024_115532.jpg

We had space #53 . Halfway between the beach and the showers.

20181024_175607.jpg

Nice trees gave me shade as the temps hit the high 70's.

20181024_093344.jpg

And of course....dinner....no comment needed.

20181024_180000.jpg

The Admiral, Pat, found some things she didn't like, so I got out the tools and let her have fun. She loves power tools and making "things" better!

20181024_110928.jpg

She didn't like the way the P.O. had screwed in a small wood track for sliding doors that he put in....so she decided to "repair" them!

Nice 3 days...low 60's at night so I got a chance to see and feel the heater work, and high 70's so we could test out the AC. Everything works....

Then the sad part.....

20181025_104138.jpg

...hitching up to go home.

Our next adventure in the trailer is Dec 3rd. When we meet 5 other sailboat friends at the Lost Dutchman State Park campground for 5 days!

https://azstateparks.com/lost-dutchman/

Our next Arizona adventure is in one week when we take the little sailboat out for 4 days with some of our same trailering friends and their boats.

I'll document that for youse guys and gals as well.....thankfully, no snow here yet! Grins!

Beautiful. Yes the rain, been there. Many / most of the time we use campground facilities, swim suit and flip flops, away I go. Glad you had a good first trip.

As for me, I winterized mine last week, and covered it yesterday :(:(

Sorry to hear you are put away for the winter. :(:snow::(

• 3 weeks later...

Time for some more "NO SNOW" pictures. Grins...but no bike pics...yet.

First...Carefree AZ has a pumpkin festival each Fall. Very well done...artists gather to carve out the gourds and pumpkins for the enjoyment of all...we started at the Black Mountain Coffee House. Great little breakfast place in Carefree...it was closed for a while but is back. Then on to the carving...

20181028_110410.jpg

most of these are large...

20181028_110424.jpg

20181028_110501.jpg love these little mice!

20181028_110704.jpg

As you can tell by the people...it was a nice warm day. The following week we took off to the lake again...

This time we went up the Agua Fria River arm of the lake as it's due to close shortly as it's an eagle habitat...

The Admiral is on the far boat...

20181102_172342.jpg

The Admiral and Tom enjoying a relaxing sunset...

20181104_174724.jpg

Our friend Steve coming in to the anchorage. Tom is out to guide him in for anchor setting...

20181103_174643.jpg

Linda is toasting the sunset....

20181104_174746.jpg

This past weekend we got a whole group together for a Surf & turf weekend. One of our friends found the Wendy's chili recipe on line and cooked up 5 gallons of it! Don't have pics of the party but there were 4 sailboats anchored off shore and 9 trailers/RVs! We may have to rename the Lake Pleasant Sailing Club!

That's it for now. Next up is the RSV goes back on the road. Found a black widow sitting on her web on the rear tire. Tried to take a pic but she ran away up into the fender. Some spray took care of her. Guess that means I haven't been riding enough!! I'll try and get out today or tomorrow, then oil change.

:beer::biker:

Got the RSV out today. 76 degrees. Went to visit a friend with a 1st Gen, then took off looking for lunch.

Came back about 2 hours later.....I did find lunch...ugh.

Here my 05 is resting after an 80 mph run down the freeway heading home. We are waiting for the mailman to finish loading up the boxes...

20181116_150244A.jpg

Looking good @videoarizona!!! I'm heading down to AZ on the 27th for 3+ weeks, hope we can meet up! Please talk to the weather man for me to keep the nice riding weather going.:twing:

Got the RSV out today. 76 degrees. Went to visit a friend with a 1st Gen, then took off looking for lunch.

Came back about 2 hours later.....I did find lunch...ugh.

Here my 05 is resting after an 80 mph run down the freeway heading home. We are waiting for the mailman to finish loading up the boxes...

https://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=114995