IGNORED

Diet Pop??

Yammer Dan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ate Chinese tonight!! That's supposed ta be healthy ain't it??? Sure was Good!! But I don't eat the Rice!! Anybody that's seen a Rice Paddy that can stomach rice?? I try to eat it and I Smell a Rice Paddy!!!

O come on Dan you gotta love that stuff they feed it to CONs for breakfast lunch and dinner, Which by they I could not eat it with butter and syrup. But I love my sweet and sour chicken lol

Ate Chinese tonight!! That's supposed ta be healthy ain't it??? Sure was Good!! But I don't eat the Rice!! Anybody that's seen a Rice Paddy that can stomach rice?? I try to eat it and I Smell a Rice Paddy!!!

Yeah, when I was stationed in South Korea in 1969 & 70, I found out what they used for fertilizer in the rice paddies!

So what, is the Warden on strike or are you batching it?

Here is some info on choosing better for you Chinese food.

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/healthy-living/use-your-noodle-the-real-chinese-diet-is-so-healthy-it-could-solve-the-wests-obesity-crisis-873651.html

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/food/healthy-chinese-food

https://www.livestrong.com/article/408467-is-chinese-food-healthy-to-eat/

Starvation is not a very good way to lose weight and an occasional cheat night is is not a bad thing in the long run.

Doc appointment are a 60 to 100 mile trip or further for us. With both of us trying to make the Docs richer last couple years we eat out when driving that far. With the Docs meetings piling up we may have to revert to grabbing a pack of Oscar Myer and a loaf of bread!!! I'm getting tired of seeing STUPID Doctors!!!

Doc appointment are a 60 to 100 mile trip or further for us. With both of us trying to make the Docs richer last couple years we eat out when driving that far. With the Docs meetings piling up we may have to revert to grabbing a pack of Oscar Myer and a loaf of bread!!! I'm getting tired of seeing STUPID Doctors!!!

Stay away from discount store in blande mo since pops died billy thinks the bread and meat is gold. I would have stopped at McD's had I known a loaf of bread, meat and chips was $17.00!!!

Sent from my LG-M255 using Tapatalk

Stay away from discount store in blande mo since pops died billy thinks the bread and meat is gold. I would have stopped at McD's had I known a loaf of bread, meat and chips was $17.00!!!

Some of the best trips I remember as a kid were Bread, meat & maybe a onion with the fishing poles in the back!!

Some of the best trips I remember as a kid were Bread, meat & maybe a onion with the fishing poles in the back!!
I had not been. To that store since 2002 if you were short that old man would catch ya next time. He also wasn't looking to get rich either. It used to be a grocery store I don't even know what to call it now. Its nothing like it used to be.. Owensville looks run down they gave into Wal-Mart and built a super center. I was really looking forward to shopping at the Wal-Mart but didn't get to the parking lot and seen it had changed to Lowe's. [emoji20] so far Cuba Missouri is still the small one tho... Anyways back to topic lol.

I had not been. To that store since 2002 if you were short that old man would catch ya next time.

In the small town in NC I grew up in, the local gas stations would run charge accounts for the locals and all of them wound up with $60k to $80k of uncollectable debt. One of those owners was a good friend and another was my brother-in-law. There were more.

Got on the scales yesterday and I'm down 2 lbs!!! This could be a long road!!
Dont let the scale getcha down, it can be deceiving. Any faster wt loss than ~3lbs/week is reason for concern rather than celebration. It sounds to me like your off to a good start.

You know the show biggest loser? They dropped weight!! How do they get by with that? Now I did lose more then that in a week average...I was in jail tho they had 2000 calorie diet plus we went to the gym to walk around I lost about 15lbs in a month!! But you average that out its just a hair over 3lbs a week but keep in mind to months also have 30 days. Anywhos I have a block to walk around a bike to ride So let spring and the shedding begin!!

I don't have the patience that I used to have so I haven't read every post but here is something I didn't see in the posts I did read.

1)find yourself a good water aerobics class. You'll know it's good because at the end they will have run you ragged. Go two to 3 times a week.

2) go to Amazon and get a set (2) of water weights. They will get you back in your weight lifting form again with little to no strain on your legs. Do this on the days you don't go to aerobics.

3) get a water noodle big enough to support you. Then you can sit on it and be supported and you can really work yourself.

Good luck with your weight loss and leg rehab.

I am seeing all this about diet pop and would like to read some of the research you all have looked at. I to need to make changes and this is one of the areas.

I am seeing all this about diet pop and would like to read some of the research you all have looked at. I to need to make changes and this is one of the areas.
Best thing to do is Google diet soda. There is a lot of hype on the Internet but this link gives a very balanced view of the effects of diet soda.

My view is that there is nothing good about diet anything because the sweetness feeds sugar addiction, even though containing none, by desensitizing the taste buds which leads to extra consumption.

I know all about how bad it is!! That don't work for me. I took cigs out of my pocket and quit right there after more than 20 yrs with them!! This damn pop has a hook on me. I really can't wait for a excuse to get that 1st one every day. I have cut way down but its still there!!!

I know all about how bad it is!! That don't work for me. I took cigs out of my pocket and quit right there after more than 20 yrs with them!! This damn pop has a hook on me. I really can't wait for a excuse to get that 1st one every day. I have cut way down but its still there!!!
So I understand from others. Don't sweat it. Cutting down is beneficial so even if you have a few a day you are still winning and will get used to it. Then you can cut back a bit more. While working on the soda situation don't forget to watch for added sugar in the foods you eat. It's a package deal...right.

I've never had a problem quitting anything I decided too but this crap is really bugging me!!!:bang head: I will get it. Thinking of switching to regular pop and see what happens. I know a lot of sugar but maybe I can drink less of it and won't crave it!!

Aspartame is the harmful ingredient in diet soda. Through much research I have found that if you add enough Capt Morgan to Diet Coke, it nullifies the effects of Aspartame.

I gave up on trying to lose weight on my own because I'm a live long member of Mom's Clean Plate Club. I know that portions size is the key to being in that club however if someone slaps down a 16 oz. rib eye, two scoops of taters with veggies, rolls and salad, I don't leave the table until the plate is cleared.

I was up to 250 lbs last year so called Nutrisystem. I got down to 203 with a targeted goal of 190. At that point I started making a few trips with a friend and started eating on the road and just couldn't carry that food with me. I didn't make smart choices when ordering and ended up gaining 27. Went back on Nutrisystem and have dropped 15.

It's a bit on the expensive side but with the food that I no longer end up throwing out plus cost of eating out (mostly fast food), junk food etc. I spend about the same and maybe a little less. For me, it's the simplicity of the program and they have come a long way in improving the taste and variety of the meals available. It's not for everyone but for me it works.

I cold turkeyed cigs after 35 years, and when it came to my Diet Mountain Dew addiction, mind you that was probably 120 oz a day, it seemed impossible. First think in morning was right to the 2 litre in the refridge. How I did it, and now have maybe 1 soda a week, is this: I started my day out with a NoDoze pill, to give me a Caffeine kick. I then would take a 1/2 tablet whenever the 'lack of caffeine' headache hit, and drinking lemon water, I even filled my 2 liter bottles up with water and put in fridge so I was still in the pattern of going to fridge.. In just a couple days, I seriously was unhooked from the soda addiction, that simple. Like quitting the cigs, it's a mind over matter thing, you will and can quit when you are ready to. . I certainly am no Dr, just this worked for me. I do start my day with 2 cups of black coffee, so the caffeine jolt still is there.

Sounding like me!! I do start with the coffee. Only one cup as a rule anymore sometimes two. But just biding time for that trip to the fridge for the pop. I tried the Lemon water a few yrs ago and didn't care for it. And the plate the Warden delivers to me is usualy overhanging the sides!! I've been telling her but she keeps pouring it on!! I think I might try the lemon water again. I can do the water a day or two but right back looking in the fridge for that Pop!! I'm off to the gym today. I'm gonna get this!! Back to a 05 body!!!:bang head::mugshot: