IGNORED

Asheville 2018

Venturous Randy

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I sent them an e-mail so I could have it in writing.

We could all just come to your place and camp out in your yard.

I received a response back and they said I was good to go and tents were allowed in D section but the price will be $50 a night.

I received a response back and they said I was good to go and tents were allowed in D section but the price will be $50 a night.

yep that's what she told me but extra tents might cost extra. I think we may have to move the village if it is better for the group. I hope we can get it all worked out.

Well, I have received many requests about Asheville(actually, just one so far) and would like to know how much interest there is?

I have to say that two years ago I seriously thought about cancelling due to lack of response and we ended up having a great time with some really great friends. We had a lot show up and some we had not seen for a while.

For anyone not familiar with the Asheville event, we usually have it around the third weekend of August at the KOA campground east of Asheville, near Swannanoa, NC. It is a beautiful campground and we kind of build a little village near the pond. For those that do not camp, there are cabins there and some motels close by.

This is a really laid back get-together with no registration fees and if you want a door prize, you will need to bring it. It is more like an extended meet and eat with some great riding and we always seem to do a lot of eating. I would especially like for some of our newer members to have an opportunity to meet some of us in person and have a great time.

And, it does not matter if you are on a Venture or a Harley or your pickup truck, we would still love to see you there.

Randy

Would love to go Randy, but my anniversary is Aug 22nd & this year is our 30th. Call me stupid but I have a hunch she’d like something more than camping. As much as I love my SVTC, I don’t wanna sleep in the garage with it!

Would love to go Randy, but my anniversary is Aug 22nd & this year is our 30th. Call me stupid but I have a hunch she’d like something more than camping. As much as I love my SVTC, I don’t wanna sleep in the garage with it!

Congratulations, but what better way to spend her anniversary than with a bunch of fun loving guys and gals riding the beautiful and romantic blue ridge. oh and we will bring the wine :banana:

Okay, possible campsite update;

I went back to KOA east and looked at the campsites up on the hill and think we have a good alternative to the pond. First of all sites 11, 12, 33 and 34 are not good sites. They are going up the hill and are stepped and kind of dug out. The best sites for us would be G 22, 23, 24 and 25. G21 is good too, but it does not have electricity or water, which also means it may be cheaper. The price of these sites are about $40, so there is some savings there. This upper level is very level and there is plenty of room and there would be room to throw in some tents most likely.

The first pic is the low end, G11 and 12 and the other pics are on the upper end I am suggesting. As of now, all these sites are open for our time.

Randy

20180421_183827.jpg

20180421_183927.jpg

20180421_183950.jpg

Screenshot (10).jpg

Skid Be good to see you. I believe Slim and I will get there Monday also and we are staying in one of the cabins. I haven't been since the one were we lost Mark a few days after the rally. Be good to see some people I haven't seen in awhile and to meet some folk I haven't met yet. I assume since I don't ride a Venture anymore it's OK if I show up,

:beer::dancefool:

Skid Be good to see you. I believe Slim and I will get there Monday also and we are staying in one of the cabins. I haven't been since the one were we lost Mark a few days after the rally. Be good to see some people I haven't seen in awhile and to meet some folk I haven't met yet. I assume since I don't ride a Venture anymore it's OK if I show up,

:beer::dancefool:

come on Rick we will be glad to have ya. I don't ride a Venture anymore either and sometimes they make me ride in the back right in front of Randy. :biker:

I'll plan on a day trip to visit with everyone and maybe take a ride. Looks like I'll be on my new Vulcan 900 unless the weather is bad, in which case I may cage it and bring my dog along.

Is the German restaurant in Black Mountain, Berliner Kindl, on the schedule?

• 1 month later...

Sorry, As much as I Hate it doesn't look like we will be able to attend at this moment. If we can rearrange thin gs we may at least be able to come for a day or two. We are headed to Indiana and meeting a coule of friends and going to see Lynryd Skynrd, Marshall Tucker, 38 Special and Jamey Johnson way to good of an event to pass up. I will miss seeing some old friends and making some new ones.

Sorry, As much as I Hate it doesn't look like we will be able to attend at this moment. If we can rearrange thin gs we may at least be able to come for a day or two. We are headed to Indiana and meeting a coule of friends and going to see Lynryd Skynrd, Marshall Tucker, 38 Special and Jamey Johnson way to good of an event to pass up. I will miss seeing some old friends and making some new ones.

oh come on Rick we will be on the hill by our selves so we can get a karaoke machine and sing all those songs till the park turns the power off. :beersign:

Have fun and be careful on your trip it sounds like fun.