IGNORED

Turntable for 2006 RSV

When I read the title of the thread, I thought you were inquiring about a turntable to replace your cassette deck.:D

I had one of those at my last house and it worked great. A little tricky getting the bike lined up on it. You have to have a smooth surface for it to work. It will hang up on any cracks, holes or divots. It wouldn't work at all on the old wooden floors on the barn at my current house.

I bought one and when I got it home and assembled it my 2007 RSV was too long by about 6 inches or so. I kicked around the thought of welding more to it but never got around to doing it. My wife bought me one she found on the internet for Xmas a couple of yeas ago. It was around 145.00 ish. Way more than the Harbor Freight one. but does fit the RSV and a lot stronger built. Check around on the net for longer ones. Do be careful with these though. I have leveling links on by 2007 so it is about an inch or so taller. I only have a 30 inch inseam so when you ride up on the turn style the bike is much higher off the ground. Also always remember to lock the front and BACK of the turn style before riding off. Don't ask me why I know as the turn style rear swung around and the bike went over to the right. So with the tires still on the turn style I wasn't able to pick the bike back up by myself. I also wrenched my back pretty good trying to jump off the bike as it was going down. I also had to put some of that grit type tape down the length of the turn style so the tiers could get a better grip driving on and off. I'm going to take off the leveling links on my bike to lower it back to stock. I'm hoping this will make it easier to drive up on it. I do find it hard to drive up on. I don't want to lean too far over to see where the front wheel is. I need my wife to watch and tell me when to stop. Once up on it I really like the way I can move the bike all around the garage.

When I read the title of the thread, I thought you were inquiring about a turntable to replace your cassette deck.:D

Me too !!!

:rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rotf:

I'd like one for my 83. I wish I could find one that allowed you to place on centerstand and move around. When I store in corner of garage in winter, on centerstand, my lift is kinda a pain to maneuver around.

Me too !!!

:rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotf::rotf:

I'd like one for my 83. I wish I could find one that allowed you to place on centerstand and move around. When I store in corner of garage in winter, on centerstand, my lift is kinda a pain to maneuver around.

You mean like this one?

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?89136-My-pre-winter-project

I have one of those brand new never used. I also bought a 1500 lb ATV/Motorcycle lift( https://www.harborfreight.com/1500-lb-Capacity-ATVMotorcycle-Lift-60536.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiNDc0NjUzMzQiLCJza3UiOiI2MDUzNiIsImlzIjoiNjkuOTkiLCJwcm9kdWN0X2lk%0D%0AIjoiOTM3NyJ9%0D%0A) from them also and the Venture adaptor that one of our members used to make. That set up was great moving the RSTD/RSV around and since it was already parked I didn't have to worry about falling getting off it. I'd sell the turntable but I am afraid that the freight would make it more then a new one at Harbour Freight.