IGNORED

Cataract surgery

TxVenture

well guys, gonna go in Mon. morning for cataract surgery on left eye. Past year vision has been getting progressively foggier/cloudy in left eye. Went to Dr. last Tue. and he said I need to get this corrected now. Also said that when done, might need reading glasses only. I have worn glasses for the last 40+ yrs. won't know how to act without them! LOL Am probably gonna have to do the other eye in the next year also. Just keep me in your thoughts and prayers.

Don H.

i have your back, don. praying for you brother!

when i first saw this thread, i was reminded of the next thread down!

"blinkers won't blink, flashers won't flash"!

lol

don't ask me why!

in a few weeks you'll be better than new.

well on one side, anyhow!

now about those early morning jogging excursions!

:stirthepot::stirthepot:

just jt

Best Wishes on getting your cataracts done Don. You'll think why didnt I get this done years ago. I had both eyes done about a years and a half ago (about 60 days apart) and it was the most painless and non invasive thing Ive ever had done.

I walked out of the room 20 minutes after the procedure and spent the rest of my day doing normal stuff with out even a patch over my eye. I just couldnt bend over or do any work outside because of the dust. (darn, the yardwork had to wait) I didnt take any tylenol or any form of painkiller so it really was painless. (I am a winp when it comes to pain)

So again, best of wishes with the procedure and if you have any questions feel free to contact me about it

Brian

PSA great side effect was the my vision went from being about 20/200 to 20/20 as they insert a lens to correct your vision, but if you do a lot of close up work you might tell that to the doc as mine said he could correct for long or short view( my choice) and could make it so I wouldnt need glasses for up close work, but I opted for the distance as ive never even been able to read an alarm clock in bed without my glasses, so I thought I could deal with the glasses for up close work.lol.

My dad had both done when he was in his 70's and his vision was much improved to the point that all he needed was reading glasses if the print was small. He also wore glasses all the time, but after both surgeries, he only needed them for reading some of the time.

Good luck, we will keep you in our prayers.............

DOM

HAD BOTH EYES DONE LAST YEAR..PIECE OF CAKE..WORE GLASSES ALL MY LIFE,NOW I JUST NEED THEM FOR UP CLOSE LIKE NOW... COULDNT GET USED TO NOT WEARING GLASSES SO I HAD A SET MADE WITHOUT PERSCRIPTION EXCEPT FOR THE PROGRESSIVE READING PART.WEAR THEM ALL THE TIME .MADE ME CRAZY PUTTING GLASSES ON AND OFF,PLUS I FORGOT THEM EVERY TIME I WENT OUT..THIS IS BETTER FOR ME. DONT WORRY, ITS A LITTLE SCARY BUT THEY KNOW WHAT THERE DOING.YOUR SURGEON HAS PROBLEBLY DONE HUNDREDS OR THOUSANDS OF EYES..ITS A SIMPLE OPERATION NOW A DAYS..I WILL KEEP YOU IN MY THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS..WISHING YOU A SPEEDY RECOVERY..............AND DID I MENTION YOU CAN HAVE ALL THE ICE CREAM YOU WANT....OH..SORRY....WRONG OPERATION.... GOOD LUCK....:sun:

My dad had both done when he was in his 70's and his vision was much improved to the point that all he needed was reading glasses if the print was small. He also wore glasses all the time, but after both surgeries, he only needed them for reading some of the time.

Good luck, we will keep you in our prayers.............

He's 83, had one done, then the other one done about 2 months later, and he said he can see as good as when he did when he was 20 years old. I'd like to do the same thing if I ever get the problem, but with diabetes, their afraid of infection of which gets pretty serious when you have this disease. My prayers are with you, and my dad said the same thing though, it was a piece of cake with no pain what so ever.:thumbsup2:

I'm sure everything will go just fine, but I'll trow in a prayer anyway.

My son was born with cataracts. Had both removed before the first grade. He was too young for implants so had to wear glasses. They made coke bottle bottoms look thin. Got his implants somewhere in his mid to late teens. He survived it all just fine.

Thanks for all the prayers. Had the surgery this A.M., now home and improvement is unbelievable!!! Now just have to wait 'til the other one is farther along and will have it done and be done with glasses other than the Wally world cheaters. Again, thanks for all the prayers.

Don H.

Glad to hear that it's working well so far for you.

For those of you that have this to face in the future, I had lenses put in that actually can change focus from far to near:

http://www.crystalens.com/newsite/pat/

I had mine done over 1 year ago, and about the only time that I need any type of reading glasses would be for "phone book" size small print.

The down side is that they cost more than a standard, fixed-focus lens, and the insurance companies typically won't cover the difference. For me it was worth it.