IGNORED

Rear Brake caliper for RSV

I guess the question would be why do you need one? However that said how about a 1stGen-MKII?? Don't know if it would fit, but it might??

That's a good question. Because my "olde phart" right foot will not take "NO" for an answer. And twice now I've found myself going sideways at 75mph when a nut case decided I didn't exist and cut me off. In that split second, I've locked up the rear twice. I would like far less braking power back there since my foot won't listen to reason...despite practice and years of riding. A 2 pot rear caliper would help, I would think.

There was a metering valve setup done by one of the members that addressed this problem. Let me see if I can find it.

Edit: Here it is: LINK

RR

i think that's Rick Buttler... It put kinda a delay on the reaction time. Slows your jamb time down so your brain can kick into gear.... :-)

I have been thinking about trying these. They sure sound like they are better than stock braking.

http://www.tcbbrakesystems.com/technical-tcb.html

Just wrote to tcbbrakes, and the reply was they are not selling any units till they come up with a new design. The previous one's had reports of leaking. No ETA on when the new units will be available.

Just wrote to tcbbrakes, and the reply was they are not selling any units till they come up with a new design. The previous one's had reports of leaking. No ETA on when the new units will be available.

That and they are pissed that they let their patent run out and a bunch of idiots jumped in the market with dubious copies of their design.

So a new design is needed...

Ugh...

That is why I won't delink the front left caliper from the rear caliper on my Gen I. It's the predecessor to ABS. I think the Goldwing has linked brakes if it doesn't have ABS doesn't it?

My 1st gen is still linked as well. But I don't think I've heard of 1st Gens locking up on dry pavement. Since I changed out my rear caliper with one from an R6, I'm pleased with the brakes of the 1st Gen.

• 3 weeks later...