IGNORED

Southern Ontario, Kuryakyn Grip installation

Sunman

I just bought a set of Kuryakyn ISO grips to install on my new RSTD. But after reading some old threads here, I am a bit hesitant about losing my bar end weights. There are some members who have machined them to accept the weights, but I do not have the knowledge, nor access to the equipment to accomplish such a feat. Are there any local (Hamilton area) members, who have done the grip installation and would be willing to meet a new member? Or anyone who has successfully mounted the bar weights to the new grips, that could give me some help? My last bike I had for 5 years, and the only accessory I had was saddlebags. I did all my own maintainence, (oil changes, chain tightening etc) but I wanted to dress up my new bike and grips is my first addition. Any and all help is most appreciated.

Sonny

Hey Sonny. I do not believe they need to be machined but drilled would work. I never installed the weights.

There is a meet at Marcarls on May 24, in Brantford, (check the calendar) So Bring the parts and maybe you can find some time to get them installed then.

Worst case scenario you should meet a few locals. AND welcome

BRad

Hey Sonny. I do not believe they need to be machined but drilled would work. I never installed the weights.

There is a meet at Marcarls on May 24, in Brantford, (check the calendar) So Bring the parts and maybe you can find some time to get them installed then.

Worst case scenario you should meet a few locals. AND welcome

BRad

Thank you, and I hope to be attending on the 24th.

I just installed the ISO grips on my RSV last week and was planning on putting the weights back on. I'll be honest, while installing the Yamaha weights on the ISO grips looks cool, I haven't noticed any extra vibration from my bike without them. I did notice that the handlebars feel a bit narrower now, but I kinda like that anyway. Hope this helps!

Guest BluesLover
I just installed the ISO grips on my RSV last week and was planning on putting the weights back on. I'll be honest, while installing the Yamaha weights on the ISO grips looks cool, I haven't noticed any extra vibration from my bike without them.
Likewise. I've had the ISO grips on without the weights (did add the bullit ends though) and in fact I feel less vibration than with the stock grips/ends.

Cheers,

Well, I'm not exactly local but I have the equipment and the know how to help you out. Come on down for the meet & eat that I am hosting tomorrow and we can get you fixed up.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/showthread.php?t=20602

Thanks for the invite, but I cannot do anything this weekend, I am working 4 shifts between Sat and Sun. But if you are willing, I can set something up for another time. I am not too proud to ask for help. The biggest thing for me, is I want to reattach the bar ends. Is this something you have done? I appreciate your willingness to help out a newb!

Sonny

I would say that my shop is well equpped and can probably handle such a situation, I'm not sure about the guy who owns it though, it's a new one for me and it's a second gen, but then a little reading (I read mostly pictures) might help out a big deal. Either way, if you can wait til the 24th, there'll be lots of help here and the shop is open, if not, scoot up sometime, I know very well how to use the large hammer and big screwdriver. lol:thumbsup2:

Thanks for the invite, but I cannot do anything this weekend, I am working 4 shifts between Sat and Sun. But if you are willing, I can set something up for another time. I am not too proud to ask for help. The biggest thing for me, is I want to reattach the bar ends. Is this something you have done? I appreciate your willingness to help out a newb!

Sonny

Not a problem. It's an easy job and I can do it for you any time. Yes I did do my own on the Flanders bars and plan on doing another set very soon.

Not a problem. It's an easy job and I can do it for you any time. Yes I did do my own on the Flanders bars and plan on doing another set very soon.

Thanks so much for your offer of help, and I accept! I just looked up where you live, and it looks like about a 3 hour ride, ROADTRIP! I can use a nice little jaunt like that to help me with my goal of 8,000 KM this year. So, hopefully sometime in May would work, I will try to arrange my schedule to fit with yours.

I would say that my shop is well equpped and can probably handle such a situation, I'm not sure about the guy who owns it though,

That is why I said to he should go when many other people would be there, so he could get some real help.

Gary forgot about this weekend when I wrote about Carls, Sorry

BRad