IGNORED

Unfortunate Update

cecdoo

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I have not had the pleasure of meeting you I'm sending you some positive energy now, I will ask my wife and daughters to send prayers also. EVERYTHING within the human body and mind are connected, positive thought and energy DO make a difference. Reflecting on the good and feeling gratitude for the things we have been and are blessed with, our attitudes, moods and displacement absolutely effect our bodys ability to deal with ailment.

I am a strictly science based healthcare professional but I can tell you beyond any shadow of doubt that those with faith, positive energy, loved ones and folks pulling for them seem to generally fare a good bit better than those without. I cant explain that beyond the psychosomatic link but it's real and seemingly deeper than that. I suppose it lays outside my own scope of understanding but I know that every bit of positive energy generated by you and others WILL land on the right side of the scale.

"Laughter is the best medicine" is much more than just a cliche, after years delivering long term care I know it to be absolute truth.

Iam sorry to read this my brother!! Your story brings tears to my eyes.. You KNOW our thoughts and prayers will be with you folks as you continue in your battle with this horrible stuff and those prayers will be wrapped in hope for a brighter tomorrow. Tip and I are :stickpoke: with something similar here as I just finished my 3rd cancer surgery for 2017 back in December.. My weight loss was almost identical to yours as the main fist sized tumor was doubling every ninety days and the Oncologist told me the Cancer was taking its food first and not leaving much for the rest of me - I am not a hateful person by my gosh I hate cancer. My only positive in the weight loss unlike you was that I was fat when it started so I had a little elbow room. Gotta admit, it was scary though to look in the mirror when finally able to get out of bed to use the potty and see what looked like a concentration camp victim staring back me too! Don't know about you but I also think our immune systems take a hit from it.. It seems like every bug known to man likes me now and once it settles in it likes to hang on longer then it ever did.. The recent Flu epidemic that our area went thru is a good example.. Tip was successful in catching it and only puked for a day with it. My pukin lasted a week and I am still feeling groggy.. I too would suggest that you work with Kim in eating really good stuff, get the weight back on and fight for the immune system too (I know you already are doing this but thought I would state it anyway)..

Craig,, I wish there was more I could do my friend... You KNOW you have our continual thoughts and prayers.. If you need anything and feel there is any way I/we can help please feel free to give a shout!

Until then - I leave you with some things I have learned that help me stay positive:

When you have been down long enough that staring out window from the bedside watching the neighbor blow his snow or mow his lawn brings tears because you wanna be able to blow/mow yours too = listen to the song below!

When you wonder why good people suffer while terrorist like ISIS go on doing their nasty deeds = take a listen to this song.

When you start wondering where precious people like Kim or Tip find all the stamina, patience and love to stay steadfast in staying by our sides thru it all = take a listen to this song..

Your friend

Puc

Thanks to everyone for their prayers, kind words and thoughts, they mean alot rite now and are truly appreciated. I got a good laugh Puc and know exactly what you mean when you say you look like someone from a concentration camp, it was my very first thought when walking by my mirror.

Thanks again, Craig

Been trying to figure out an easy way to bring this up since December, but unfortunately I dont believe there is an easy way so I will just put it out there. I have been having some problems with what I believed to be a sprained back since Sept. After all types of therapy with poor results they decided to do some testing as well as imaging. Beginning of Dec. I was diagnosed with Multiple Myloma it is a rare bone marrow cancer, that eats away at your bone, I have already had one operation on my spine and will probably need more. There is no cure but there are treatments to get it to remission and then a bone marrow transplant. Kim and I are both doing well, we are trying to keep positive, laugh every chance we get and hope for the best. I have gone from 190lbs to 155lbs in 2 months and aged about 10yrs. Hopefully we can turn that around. I started treatments this week and so far have been tolerating them pretty well. Dont know if we will be doing any riding this year, but I am holding out hope and that trike just mite make it possible. Well you are all caught up, hopefully I can share some better news as the treatments continue.

Thanks Craig

Prayers for you and your family

Craig, as I said in my email, this is very sad news and I also will be praying for you and sending strong positive thoughts your way.

The strength you showed by being able to post this will come back to you 100 fold as you have read from all the other great people who will keep you in their prayers and thoughts.

Your mind set of laughing every day is great, and when your treatments allow you time, get out with Kim for more experiences and memories. You have lots of friends here with the Ventureriders, which means lots of destinations. As I have said you and your Bride are welcome here when you do want to get away.

Dave

Craig, I am so sorry to hear about this, just reading it now. I had a call from Eck and he told me about your situation and it floored me. You have done so much everytime I put something up for St. Jude and it saddens me that you have now fallen to this awful disease. If there is anything I can do, if you want to talk, I am here for you. Charlene and I will be praying for you and your family during this difficult time. God bless you Craig.

I wish you the best in your fight with cancer.

A few days ago this story appeared in the news. I started taking turmeric as a supplement afterwards.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5258742/cancer-patient-67-beats-the-disease-with-the-help-of-turmeric-after-five-years-of-chemo-failed/

Ditto on the Turmeric. Been taking the stuff for about 2 months and it does help with the pain in the right knee. That and a brace have let me put off

any knee replacement surgery.... Not sure about it fighting cancer, but if it does I'm OK with that also.... It's been 5 years since they opened me up and

removed the colon tumer. My surgeon cut me loose from the annual check-ups last October. Praying that your treatment is equally successful Cecdoo....

Thank you for the kind words, thoughts and prayers. They really mean alot and are really helpful on the "bad" days. We are doing pretty good, holding up pretty well, guess its going to be a long year. One thing for sure I ought to be well rested. I spend 3/4 of my life in a recliner!!!

Thanks again, Craig

You have been a long time member of this group and have made more friends than ya know and always ready to help when it's needed.

with that said i wish you a speedy remission and hope the mirror treats ya better soon!!

if you want or need help in any physical or monetary capacity just say the word or give me a nudge pal!

a hand up is not a hand out pal, it's a good healing process for all of us if we can help in any way at all and good for you and yours to not worry about the little things and concentrate on getting better.

happy to help any way we can. Mike & Cherie

I know that there are multiple cancer survivors on this site, what if we combine into a help group/prayer group. I began my cancer lessons in 1983 with T cell lymphoma. They took my spleen and went on chemo/radiation for two years. 2007 they told me melanoma, more radiation, 2010 another melanoma. Just a week past I now have Polycy Themia Vera, a blood cancer where I make too many red cells.

I am not afraid to talk about it. So let's do talk about it.

:farmer: