IGNORED

Back again - another Venture

Godlover

I can’t seem to stay away so I’m back with another Venture. My ride last year was an 11 Ultra Classic - the year before was a F3 Spyder - so I’m going to try this 03 Venture Hanningan trike that I bought from a dealer near Cincinnati. I got to go pick it up but they put it in winter storage for me. It has 76000 miles on it but was triked in 2014. Came with a trailer that I won’t kee1p as I don’t need that much storage. I’m not going to promise that I will keep it as I don’t hang onto bikes very long! I also picked up a nice 04 Roadstar a couple of weeks ago. I’ll try posting pictures of the trike. AF2567F0-503B-453E-80FB-6AD5D883F38C.jpgFAC69E15-83D7-4A47-89BF-4E8E47C446DA.jpg51B27CA1-BC6C-46AC-B77A-79219903DCB4.jpg

Mark,

It looks like a good trike. You did well, as you usually do.

Did you leave enough room in the 'new' garage for everything?

Ha —- yep - there is room. It might take a bit more space than my Spyder. We moved from the other house and actually have a nicer garage. However, the guy who bought our old house probably put 10K into it - he works on Harleys and it is really nice.

Sure it looks nice, bet you'll miss the F3 though!

Enjoy!!!

I do miss the F3. It was probably the most comfortable ride I’ve had. I will probably go to an F3T next time. I got a pretty good deal on this Venture trike and want to give it a shot.

That is absolutely one beautiful Hannigan you have there, Godlover!!! Actually, I sort of think that was owned by a former member here but I can't remember the screen name. I kind of remember the black rims. At one time there was three or four Raspberry and Creme Hannigans on the site and I think one of them was from your State...

I'm thinking you're really going to enjoy it!!! If you end up deciding the rear brakes need improving contact me, I did a complete conversion to stock Honda CRX rear brakes which give you twice the pad size over those Ducati Monster brake pads Hannigan uses and bigger rotors as well. I had to make up my own design mounting plate to adopt a larger master cylinder which is needed to power the larger Honda calipers. I used a Wilwood master cylinder and modified it to fit. I now have tons of stopping power! Of course, I also did the well known front brake conversion as well using R1/R6 4 piston calipers and the 14mm master cylinder which is a plug and play conversion.

You will find with trikes the front tire wears out very fast! One improvement is to use a rear tire of the proper size and mount it backward on the front. Many of us have looked into a car tire of the proper size with little success. Someone suggested a sidecar tire but finding one in the right size is difficult. This issue is true for all trikes, it has to do with the tire literally scraping when you turn, motorcycle tires are designed to lean, and on a trike, they don't do that!

Once again enjoy that absolutely beautiful Hannigan!!!

Wow! Before you purchased that trike, they agreed to a deal with me, then changed their numbers the day before I was headed there to pick it up! I was going to trade in my 2013 RSV as after the Cancer/Chemo thing, I need to go to 3 wheels....

Sent from my LG-M210 using Tapatalk

Very nice!

Wish I could make you an offer if you decide not to keep her, but the Admiral wants a Travel trailer....sigh...always something!!

But how do you back those things up? Do I get off and push, then jump on as it rolls down the driveway! Grins!

:beer:

It has reverse!