IGNORED

2000 Road Star trike opinions.

RDawson

https://m.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-Road-Star-2000-Silverado-Edition-Trike-Motorcycle-12-668-Miles/232463539378?hash=item361fe81cb2:g:Xh0AAOSwxvBZoHbg

I ran across this today. I know nothing about the Road Stars and admit it. The wife has somewhat considered a trike of her own instead of two up all the time. I'm not ready to go that way yet personally. I know this is a cheap trike kit but am considering checking it out as a starter bike for her to see if she likes piloting her own. She had never been on a motorcycle until I got back into riding 8-10 years ago. $1700 seems like a cheap test bike. On the other hand I don't want a terrible handling ride to turn her off riding altogether.

Does anyone have any input that might educate me a little? (Just on the bike, I know I could use more educating on other things). Or anyone in the Appleton area that might have a few minutes to put an eye and an ear on it for me?

You might enquire as to the trike kit manufacturer. I didn't see a name on the eBay site.

If it's a Voyager, they do need adjusting to get the ride right, but then seem to ride good from what I've read. It's not a "real" trike kit with only 3 wheels...it does look like a Voyager type kit.

http://www.mtcvoyager.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiA-ebSBRC8ARIsAGuxJIp_Lrtd3p-wyd9w6LhGvrsoX6mRsVEHHq_LGguHQoZ9_f45Xywln1kaAha3EALw_wcB

I'm 600 miles away and the only trike I have any experience with is my sister's Hannigan 1500 Wing. I don't know how well the training wheel trikes handle and perform. She's not one who'll drop the hammer and push it but I do want something that handles fairly well. We'll have to start from scratch as she's never driven anything with a clutch, fun days ahead for me if we get one.

The fact I'm 600 miles away with snowy roads is all that's keeping me from going to check on it. If I knew she'd ride it I'd suck it up and go but she suffered a bad break in her right arm ina car wreck recently. Dr isn't sure she's going to get full motion back. While it's a good price I wouldn't profit from flipping it after my time and costs to go after it and fixing any issues it might have. You know there's always something even if it's just preventative from not knowing the service history.

The fact I'm 600 miles away with snowy roads is all that's keeping me from going to check on it. If I knew she'd ride it I'd suck it up and go but she suffered a bad break in her right arm ina car wreck recently. Dr isn't sure she's going to get full motion back. While it's a good price I wouldn't profit from flipping it after my time and costs to go after it and fixing any issues it might have. You know there's always something even if it's just preventative from not knowing the service history.

I wouldn’t be afraid of it. It has the Yamaha hard bags and is the Silverado edition. It looks clean and these bikes are pretty durable. It would really have to be neglected to make me worried about it. If I were closer I’d buy it but not up to traveling over 300 miles right now.