IGNORED

WANTED: Voyager Trike Kit for 2013 RSV

bknsaddle

COWPUC: Well, that certainly sounds logical. I guess I will experiment with the pre-load for a while to try to find that sweet spot. I would certainly welcome any comments/tips/suggestions from Voyager owners!

FLYINFOOL: Yes, Ground was what I first suspected. All the lights on my Voyager are mounted on fiberglass and have a separate ground wire that goes to each light. I ohmed these out and all are well connected. I think most of the problem is due to a mix of LED and Incandescent lighting. I have the load on the lighting of the bike itself balanced just enough that I use the stock Turn signal flasher so I can maintain the automatic Cancel feature. I am sure that if I went all LED and changed the flasher to one appropriate for the LEDs specifically, I could work the problem out. Maybe later, right now I am focused on getting the mechanics and ride right.

I will say that the more I ride it, the easier it gets. I think I was just reacting to the difference between it and my many years on 2 wheels. I remain Happy! :banana:

First off... Awesome looking bike!! Second on the electrical issue. Did you use a 5-4 that has to be wired to the batt, or one of the un-powered types?? Everything works on my '04 RSV-'06 Voyager, but I had help. Ed @Zzyzx came over and I supervised. He wired up the Voyager as well as for the tow behind trailer, and everything works. The Voyager fenders have stop/run/and turn. The led light bar has stop/run/and turn. The bike has stop/run/and turn as well as the trailer. I do see where your Voyager has full lighting on the rear cover while mine just has running lights..

2014-06-05 18.06.26 (Medium).jpg

2014-06-05 18.06.44 (Medium).jpg

One way to improve your steering is to get the front wheel further forward. The greater the distance the front tire is from the rear tires, the easier it is to steer, but at the price of turning radius which with a Voyager is 40 acres, to begin with! Life is always about compromises, isn't it?!!? You stated you haven't removed the "lowering" in the front yet, so start with that!

The usual way to add "easy steer" is with a 6-degree rake which requires a different triple tree, and that gets expensive at least a thousand bucks! Another less expensive trick is to get the handlebars back further and wider if possible. The Flanders bars for the Venture coupled with the Barons risers accomplishes this, but plan on having to replace your throttle cables with longer ones, and possibly your front brake and clutch lines as well!

A word to the wise told to me by a former member that made the mistake when he installed his, supposedly the kickstand has to be up when bolting the kit on (or was it down?). Anyway, there is something about the kickstand that has to be dealt with. I'm thinking it has to be up, not down before installing as the piece of the frame prevents it from going up once bolted on. Maybe somebody who has already done the installation can chime in...

UP! don't ask me how I know.

Yes KICKSTAND UP! My thanks to the 16 yr. old that was helping me for seeing this before I put that honkin' big bolt in!

bongobobny: Makes sense. Geometry again. I already have the pull back risers on the stock handlebars. I guess raising the front end to stock is next. Many thanks for the comment.

Side Note: After being "down" for almost 2 years with the whole chemo/radiation, surgery, and more Chemo routine, I find that after a day of wrenching I have to take a day off to let the swelling in my hands subside. Wow, what a wuss I've become!

UP! don't ask me how I know.

Yep... Ditto!! Some folks will remove the kick, but the Voyager will fit with it up. That way you won't misplace it, and it'll be there if and when you ever decide to remove the kit and need something to keep the scoot from falling over.... :whistling: