IGNORED

Another Winter Ride.....

videoarizona

We took another ride this past Sunday. 10am to 3 pm. Did manage to drop by Saguaro Lake again and stopped at same rest area beyond the Marina to relax....

https://www.google.com/search?q=&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CdHKysxqcuE_1IjhRaWZD51aw4bWpaOEW7kX21qiWiWkagmsg6nGUsPi1pJIrI_1N4hS5QR18zC2FN9Zbgaez53T3AYSoSCVFpZkPnVrDhEeaEdER7joW6KhIJtalo4RbuRfYRUv-tV2Wm8XIqEgnWqJaJaRqCaxGmuHgExba8cSoSCSDqcZSw-LWkEUpdX8x_1aIxgKhIJkisj83iFLlARcPskrNcQszMqEglHXzMLYU31lhHl4ovyPmeEUyoSCeBp7PndPcBhEcXwihF1irEC&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjr6tnUodDYAhVHVWMKHZGrCKoQ9C96BAgAEB4&biw=1511&bih=721&dpr=0.9

20180107_115929.jpg

20180107_114128.jpg

Will try and take some better pictures...but we don't stop to often. Like the wind in our face!

72 degrees and beautiful day....

Not sure what the temp is here but we've had freezing drizzle/ rain all day today! No way any bikes will be out around here :p

Rode to work this afternoon and will be riding home at 23:30.

Not as nice as VAZ's ride but I'll take it. :rain2:

Rode to work this afternoon and will be riding home at 23:30.

Not as nice as VAZ's ride but I'll take it. :rain2:

Ya! Well on tropical, balmy Republic of Vancouver Island it may be OK but for sure no-one is riding around here!

Blowing out the wintercobwebs would be nice about now but 14 degree days tend to stop us. It is nice to see someone being able to ride, nice pics guys. Don't take this wrong but "bite me" comes to mind. In a friendly sort of way.:sign green with env:sign20:

We took another ride this past Sunday. 10am to 3 pm. Did manage to drop by Saguaro Lake again and stopped at same rest area beyond the Marina to relax....

https://www.google.com/search?q=&tbm=isch&tbs=rimg:CdHKysxqcuE_1IjhRaWZD51aw4bWpaOEW7kX21qiWiWkagmsg6nGUsPi1pJIrI_1N4hS5QR18zC2FN9Zbgaez53T3AYSoSCVFpZkPnVrDhEeaEdER7joW6KhIJtalo4RbuRfYRUv-tV2Wm8XIqEgnWqJaJaRqCaxGmuHgExba8cSoSCSDqcZSw-LWkEUpdX8x_1aIxgKhIJkisj83iFLlARcPskrNcQszMqEglHXzMLYU31lhHl4ovyPmeEUyoSCeBp7PndPcBhEcXwihF1irEC&tbo=u&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjr6tnUodDYAhVHVWMKHZGrCKoQ9C96BAgAEB4&biw=1511&bih=721&dpr=0.9

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111223

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=111224

Will try and take some better pictures...but we don't stop to often. Like the wind in our face!

72 degrees and beautiful day....

Hey, nice pics. I'm in Phoenix and don't know much about the area. Been looking at day trip rides. Hoping to have my first Yamaha venture in a week or so. 04 venture pearl white!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Hey, nice pics. I'm in Phoenix and don't know much about the area. Been looking at day trip rides. Hoping to have my first Yamaha venture in a week or so. 04 venture pearl white!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Welcome to the Forum, Don.

We try to ride about every 2 weeks...but that depends upon whether my "Boss" wants to go sailing! We do that as well. We also have a house in Southern Arizona so when we aren't sailing or riding in Phoenix, we are riding in the South!

For rides...once you get settled...and get your bike...we can meet and go over some rides. We've done day rides, weekend rides all over the state. I've been here since 1969...and have forgotten more than I remember about the roads in Arizona.

For now, get a good map and look over the 2 lanes from the Phoenix area going outbound.

Again, welcome!

david

What??? A battery that cant hold a charge for a month?

Yep. Has done that since the day I got the bike. As long as I start and ride at least each week it is ok. Leave it set for two weeks and the battery will be low. One thing that I have seen with this is when it gets very low the LED lights will come on with out using the switch or key fob. :think: :think: :think:

Yep. Has done that since the day I got the bike. As long as I start and ride at least each week it is ok. Leave it set for two weeks and the battery will be low. One thing that I have seen with this is when it gets very low the LED lights will come on with out using the switch or key fob. :think: :think: :think:

Sounds like your LED receiver is drawing a fair bit of power, even when off. I would fix that, it is not good for the health and life of the battery.

I've been in the same boat the last 2 years. Pulled the whole front end off last winter to replace head bearings (damaged before I bought it) and had a small draw ever since. It's fine during the summer with regular use but even on a tender these below freezing days do my battery in.

I've been in the same boat the last 2 years. Pulled the whole front end off last winter to replace head bearings (damaged before I bought it) and had a small draw ever since. It's fine during the summer with regular use but even on a tender these below freezing days do my battery in.

I have no problem with the temps while on the tender it will stay full charge. My bike does not set all winter here we do get a few days that we can do a little ride.