IGNORED

pulling the plug

rbig1

I dumped facebook completely and honestly instead of missing it it was great. It was really a time suck with no real tangible benifet, even quit WoW a few years back for the same reason. Never did stop the motorcycle forums but I dont spend a great deal of time here. Sometimes it goes in waves. Its part of my ritual, I grab my coffee, check the forums and read the news, which I do because I'm, like, really smart!:stirthepot:

We'll see how long it lasts...

I am on here every single day, multiple times, unless I am on a trip or camping and don't have service. I have three forums I visit, with VR being my family one and three news pages I read. I am on Facebook, but I don't pursue anything on my own, but occasionally get stuff from a friend or family.

In my opinion, FB has been the worse thing that has happened to this forum. I am not part of the FB group and feel that the routine participation here has really dropped off because of it.

Randy

Facebook is terrible as a support forum though. Answer someones question and 5 minutes later you can't find it. Gets swallowed up with advertising and junk posts (lost pets, BestBuy, what someone had for dinner). I block most of the garbage.

With some of the other Facebook Venture sites I'll usually direct them to vr.org after posting an answer.

Have never been on face book and likely never will even my kids who are on face book say don't bother Dad when ever I consider it just so I can stay up with family stuff. I also agree in that I feel it has had a negative affect on this site, specially were pictures are concerned. It seems some members post pictures of club events on FB instead of on this site which is a little disappointing. You come home from an event, go on site to look at pics and instead you see (pics posted on FB) tis a tad disappointing.

Facebook keeps jailing me!! Here I just git chased into my corner!! It ain't bad since I put in the Big Screen, fridge &Hot Tub...........But that Puc keeps raiding MY fridge!!!! See ya soon....

Dan that three feet and counting of snow may slow him down some till spring. Then you are on your own, a pad lock on the door might help.:stirthepot: :rotfl::rotfl:

If you leave we all will be thinking this.......https://youtu.be/9d2aBkiwXwg There are not many of us old timers left. This place is like Hotel California you can check out but you can never leave. See ya.:sign Rock On:

Facebook I originally joined to keep up with friends and family but if i am lucky I might see soemthing important. 3 days too late..... My uncle Denman Jarvis passed on and just found out yesterday and dont even remember how it came across on my facebook. I get all kinds of post of people selling cars and such but nothing of real importance unless i go thru several posts first. Now here I try to keep up but lately I have got into my winter slump because well this year we are having a winter!! last year it was spring all winter long and only one day it got down to like 25 degrees. I am hoping in a month I will have the garage I want or half want I just want heat so i can do something this is getting ridicoulous. I dont like being cooped up in the house all day.

Well I'm going to try to stay away for a while. Find something else to take up the time. So talk later this winter I hope I can do this.:snow2:

Cabin fever season is not a good time to unplug stuff... Better to wait till the big loongggg thaw comes in a couple months,,, then you can unplug everything - hit the road on the scoot and go live off the land = free hot dogs in Michigan and rob Dan's freezer in West by God and all that.... To cold to do it the other way around RBig - I KNOW your brain is telling ya different but trust me = thats just the frost bite speaking :snow2::Avatars_Gee_George:...

If you do step out for a spell you will be missed brother!!!:thumbsup2:

I am on here every single day, multiple times, unless I am on a trip or camping and don't have service. I have three forums I visit, with VR being my family one and three news pages I read. I am on Facebook, but I don't pursue anything on my own, but occasionally get stuff from a friend or family.

In my opinion, FB has been the worse thing that has happened to this forum. I am not part of the FB group and feel that the routine participation here has really dropped off because of it.

Randy

Wanna hear something really strange Rand,,, I had the gut feeling that what you are saying was gonna happen when I first heard about our FB page thingy.. This probably sounds crazy but one of the things I always actually appreciated about what Freebird did with our clubhouse is making it a pay site cause it is amazing (IMHO) how much riff raff $1 a month cuts out and also it somehow creates a form of security (as does having a club President like Don = 1 of kind in my book)..

Truthfully,, I have experienced "group dynamics" in several ways in my life, one of them thru being a church goer, and have learned the hard way about what can happen if the "group" becomes "divided".. I tried the FB thing and unfortunately (all again IMHO) it somehow felt like we were being divided,,,,,,,,, ahhhh,, probably just me being selfish is all...

Sometimes I talk to much :missingtooth:

Facebook keeps jailing me!! Here I just git chased into my corner!! It ain't bad since I put in the Big Screen, fridge &Hot Tub...........But that Puc keeps raiding MY fridge!!!! See ya soon....

:scratchchin:,,, REALLY?? :mugshot:?? Nahhhhhh,,, why would they do that :rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotf::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::crackup::crackup:

Dan that three feet and counting of snow may slow him down some till spring. Then you are on your own, a pad lock on the door might help.:stirthepot: :rotfl::rotfl:

and why in the world does he keep trying to get me in trouble too Roller :178:

I guess being on Club Probation is like any other form of misery,,, it LOVES company!!:biker::biker:

...It seems some members post pictures of club events on FB instead of on this site which is a little disappointing. You come home from an event, go on site to look at pics and instead you see (pics posted on FB) tis a tad disappointing.

The pictures from the Burlington M&E I only posted here. I HATE Facebook. Always have, always will....but use it because others do to keep in touch.

The good thing about NOT being on facebook, twitter and all those other bs social media crapolas is that I don't have to give them up. Probably never noticed that I don't even post here very much and since I'm out of motorcycles AGAIN, I'll probably not hang around here anymore.

It's been a fun 10 years but my wood shop keeps me so busy that I haven't been on any of my bikes for 3 years.

Never been on FB, Twitter or any of those "social" sites, never really felt the need, BUT.... Our local m/c riding group used to post their rides etc on a "Meetup" Site, "Meetup" have recently changed their format (& their charges keep increasing) & the new format is quite frankly bloody awful. :mad: Change for no apparent reason & definitely not more "user friendly!" No doubt some web whizz is sat patting himself on the back for a job well done in his opinion! :doh:

So, our group organizer has decided (& I do support his decision) to drop "Meetup" completely (along with their fees) & only publish our rides, photos etc on the group's FB page. So I now have to either join FB (which I really don't want to do), miss out on some of the rides & information or rely on friends telling me when the rides are.

I was a member in a local SCRC chapter and the first officer started a facebook page. It was only a couple years that the club members stopped using the web page and did all the ride info on facebook. My son is first officer but no one comes to meetings or rides so the club will close this chapter soon.

Never been on FB, Twitter or any of those "social" sites, never really felt the need, BUT.... Our local m/c riding group used to post their rides etc on a "Meetup" Site, "Meetup" have recently changed their format (& their charges keep increasing) & the new format is quite frankly bloody awful. :mad: Change for no apparent reason & definitely not more "user friendly!" No doubt some web whizz is sat patting himself on the back for a job well done in his opinion! :doh:

So, our group organizer has decided (& I do support his decision) to drop "Meetup" completely (along with their fees) & only publish our rides, photos etc on the group's FB page. So I now have to either join FB (which I really don't want to do), miss out on some of the rides & information or rely on friends telling me when the rides are.

why not suggest an email - seems everybody has an email account

:hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked: :hijacked:

:sign back to topic: :sign back to topic: :sign back to topic: :sign back to topic:

Sorry to see you go @rbig1, I do hope that you will at least come back to visit us once in a while. You know that we may end up having to plan a gathering at your place if you are gone to long, just to be sure that you are OK and stuff.............

It will not be the same in :vchat without your personality in there.

WE WILL MISS YOU!