IGNORED

Riding out the old and riding in the new

Kirby

Well I rode little bit yesterday to close out 2017.

Then today put a little over 100 miles on the bike for the first ride of 2018. Started out it was 37° here in middle GA and 39° when I got back. Great day! Hope ya'll had an equally great day. Didn't see another biker at all during the ride today.

Got back home and sat down to some mustard greens, black eyed peas with onions, cornbread, fried pork chops, and some homemade soup. I hope the rest of this year is as good as today. Happy New Year one and all!!

I try to take mine out at least for a short ride one day each month. Have done this the past 12 years. I have just enough snow in the drive to make it slick and 11* might be a bad day to try so I stayed home where it is warm. Glad someone is able to ride.

It was 32F when I rode to work at 22:45 New Years Eve and then rode home the next day at 07:40 in 34F for a sum total of about 25 miles. Not a very exciting ending or beginning for me but sometimes that's all you get. However, getting out for a short ride is way better than not getting out at all. The only unusual thing about that night was that it was warmer in the morning than it was at night which made it a really good start to the year.