IGNORED

Successful Trunk Repair

Bike came to me with a very large hole in the trunk and a few cracks in the bottom.

Many articles on how to make repairs to abs plastics using abs pipe cuttings and acetone so I won't go into too many details.

The large hole took many coats. I started inside the trunk and used fiberglass cloth to give me something to build up from the outside.

When finished, I sanded the entire area of the trunk below the pinstripe with 600 grit paper. I then used a clear primer meant for plastic. Then a normal sandable auto primer, then the color rite paint/clear coat primer. I used a good masking tape on the pinstripe and covered the rest.

I have no autobody experience at all so I am pretty happy with the results. After it cures. (5 days) I'll polish it and wax it. Looks great and I added some extra abs to the bottom of the trunk. Probably stronger than new.

20171203_080702-M.jpg

20171212_201832-L.jpg

20171216_183807-M.jpg

20171215_183932-M.jpg

Nice Job. I did much the same thing on my '91VR Tuxedo, but the damage was in an area that wasn't really visible, so rattle canned it with Krylon Semi-Flat Black... The holes were there when i bought it, and I'm still trying to figure out how in the 'H' it could have happened...