IGNORED

I’m baaack! ( part 2)

Trader

So...I’ve been lurking off and on but haven’t posted for awhile.

My burgundy ‘87 is still in pieces....

you may remember I had an issue doing a valve adjustment wit a broken and rewelded tool and mushroomed the head.

NP I thought...I have parts bikes.

So I figured I would just change the heads.

Long story short in changing heads I dropped the parts tray and mixed up the valve pots...so Since then I have had zero confidence in ever getting the thing running again.

I had put new tires, brake pads, complete new clutch and springs, a new gen2 shifter dog(the castle shaped part behind the clutch.

After cleaning, de-linking and installing braided lines, I just couldnt get the brakes bled....I’ve put about 2 L. Of fluid thru them!

so...it has sat for almost 2 years.

But...I’m not dead.

I’m going to try to get thing running again,

Plus....I just picked up the deal of the century!

I got a ‘86 VR in excellent shape. Everything seems to be working!

It might need some carb work and fluids etc. but that’s all I can see wrong with it.

Its got a new battery, and newly upholstered seat and came with an extra set of saddle bags, front fork shells, a set of new progressive springs, , exhaust collector, brake rotor, a TCI, and 3 boxes of used parts, many in baggies, cleaned and labelled!

It was worth a 1000 km drive to go pick it up!

He even paid for the used vehicle package that the gov’t here insists on when selling a vehicle ($20)

While I was driving I asked him if he needed cash or I could send him an e-transfer for the money. He said e-transfer was fine....but when I got there I couldn’t connect to the internet.

I couldn’t believe it when he said “Don’t worry about it...just send it when you get home”.

Wow

oh yeah...final price? $200!!!!!

yep two hundred Canadian dollars! (That’s like a fine meal out for 2 to you U.S. guys

I have no idea why they are upside down...they are fine in my library!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]110983[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]110984[/ATTACH]

Traders Bike 1.jpg

Traders Bike 2.jpg

Edited by Marcarl

I think the pics are upside down because the bike is kind of sky blue so the puter thought that should be up????????:confused24: :rotf:

That sure sounds like a heck of a deal on a nice looking bike.

If it has been sitting a while, check the date codes on the tires to be sure that they are not to old to ride safely.

• 5 weeks later...

Fixed your pictures, figured I'd better before all the oil ran out. Thought you would have the brakes bleed by now anyways. Now you just need to learn how to put the kickstand down properly before you let go of it and then all will be sunny in your world eh?