IGNORED

Wishing you a Wonderful Thanksgiving Day

Freebird

To all our Venturerider friends and family, Eileen and I wish you a blessed Thanksgiving Day.

This has been a hard year for the Nelson family but we continue to be blessed in many ways. We are thankful for so many things. In times of difficulty, we often find that our trials make us better people. They sometimes allow us to truly demonstrate our love for one another through our actions and not just our words. Eileen's brother is still with us and though he has many bad days, he has some very good days also. He can no longer live alone so Eileen has been staying with him for the past couple of months and will continue to do so as long as is necessary. I am still working my full-time job and also running his stairlift business on the side. It is tiring but I've settled into the routine and finding that I can do it as long as I must. We will have Thanksgiving dinner here at the house today. I've got the turkey all ready to go into the oven and Eileen has much of the other food prepared. She and Terry will come here this afternoon and she and I will get the final cooking done. It will be a small gathering, about 10 people I think and we will celebrate life and the blessings that the Lord has given us.

I'm not sure that I ever TRULY understood the concept of blessings received through what you give, not what you take. I am thankful for the opportunity that I have been given to serve somebody who truly needs my help.

I am also thankful that so many of you are a part of this great group even though I've not been able to be here as often as I have been in the past. I promise you that I still read every post made here and respond to any issues and requests that any of you have to the best of my ability. Things will return to normal at some point and we look forward to seeing as many of you as possible as soon as things calm down here a bit.

Edited by Freebird

Thank You Don (and Eileen) and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

We normally have dinner here at home but this year it seems everybody is elswhere. There is a restaurant nearby that will provide a complete dinner for anybody that wants it and we are taking one to our dear friend (83 yo) in an assisted living facility that has terminal cancer. She is so upbeat that I am humbled every time I speak to her. Anyway, her family cannot make it so we are standing in.

and a VERY WONDERFUL AND THANKFUL HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY TO YOU AND YOURS DON!!!:thumbsup:

Also joining the rest of our club members wishing all exactly the same!! Tip and I have so much to be thankful for and our friendship and exchanged loved for each of you lop eared turkey eating varmints is right at the top of that list,,,, seconded by this though:big-grin-emoticon::

Well I never replied till now. Did ya miss me. Ya I know like a tooth ache LOL. Have great holidays this winter. Looking forward to seeing every one next year. I think I have run out of excuses to stay home finely. GOD bless every one that wants it. :santa::fatsmiley: