IGNORED

Final ride of the season

dogman

A big hello to all you riders that do not have to put theirs bikes away because of weather. You are a lucky bunch.

I did not get to ride much this year. I would say lucky if I did 1000 miles. Well winter is coming so yesterday I took the bike out for a final ride to fill with gas, seafoam and change the oil. The temp was -1 Celsius, but I was dressed for it so never felt the cold. Just felt the joy of the ride, and sadness for having to put it away for the next several months.

I'll have to get my thrills here on the Venture site to carry me thru the winter.

I was thinking about it this morning and now other things got in the way. I never put it away, just park it til next time.

I did that last year and boy was that a jinx, as I didn't get out for the first ride until sometime in August or September I believe it was.

I rode the RSV and Eilee's Spyder yesterday. I rode them both about 3 miles to the gas station, filled them up with gas, added a can of Seafoam to each, and then rode them back home. Put them on the battery tenders and said, "see you in the spring".

I hope we get more riding in next summer. I think I rode a total of just under 200 miles this year.

Good for you Dave!! I would do the same thing but I made a deal with @Flyingfool that I wouldn't tease em no more and he wouldn't crank up the White Washer and let it run for more than 15 minutes at a time until February so I can get my leaves picked up.. By then there will only be 3 weeks till spring riding returns so I wont have to officially put the scoots away....

As promised, went for a ride today. Instead of breakfast, decided I wanted some bbq for lunch. So off to my favorite little diner in Rio Rico....Nickels.

20171122_123907.jpg

Had some brisket, slaw and fries...

20171122_135210.jpg

Then took the 2 Lane home....

20171122_135137.jpg

Was a nice break for the day. 73 degrees, sun was warm, air was cool. Perfect!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

D

I rode the RSV and Eilee's Spyder yesterday. I rode them both about 3 miles to the gas station, filled them up with gas, added a can of Seafoam to each, and then rode them back home. Put them on the battery tenders and said, "see you in the spring".

I hope we get more riding in next summer. I think I rode a total of just under 200 miles this year.

I hope you get to ride much more next year. Strange how we have so many things in our lives that are suppose to free up more time, but time seems to gets taken up by something else rather then down time to enjoy as we see fit.

The other side to that coin is, busy is good and we are blessed.

So I'm not complaining, just saying.

As promised, went for a ride today. Instead of breakfast, decided I wanted some bbq for lunch. So off to my favorite little diner in Rio Rico....Nickels.

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110955

Had some brisket, slaw and fries...

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110956

Then took the 2 Lane home....

http://www.venturerider.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=110957

Was a nice break for the day. 73 degrees, sun was warm, air was cool. Perfect!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

D

Thank you for sending the photos. Nice to see you out and enjoying the day.

I rode to work last week and filled it with gas. I'll be changing oil and filter this weekend and plug the battery on my battery tender. I am ready for cold weather riding and glad to hear that you are also able to go out before putting the bike away. Ride Safe next year.

well been a while since I been out. Tires were down to 20psi. I inflated all three bikes tires back up. Then took the gen2 for a very nice ride. My steel wool blew out of the mufflers so its loud again. Was a very enjoyable afternoon. Might be the last long ride of the end of year. Still have to top off the tank for winter. Can you believe no salt on roads yet. Wow my penman ship is missing big time. Guess shouldn't have slept through school sorry for the fragmented conversation........ :8:

My last ride of the year was back on Aug 21. Was just my 22 mile each way commute to work, but it was at least a ride. Then I blew out my Achilles tendon on the 22nd getting the bike out for a ride to work, there will be snow ice and salt on the roads before I am able to even think about getting the bike out again. I hope to be mobile enough to get the winterizing of the bike done this coming weekend.

Happy to report, 64 degrees in Indy today, nice 100 mile through the country :happy65:, they say snow possible by next week. I actually Unwinterized for the ride. lol, I can rake the leaves another day.

I never rake the leaves so a friend and I went for a ride. I checked the mileage when I got home 176 miles. Great day.

It was supposed to be a high of 56 yesterday, and I had to go half hour drive to see a lawyer, ( yeah, they need my input as well,, go figure). Decided to blow some dust off the bike that had collected for the last few weeks in the process. Turned out that the temp went up to 68 instead, wasn't sure what I should do about that, so I took the long way home to try to figure it out. It didn't help, I still got home alright. I did lower the gauge some though and now will have to see about that problem. Problems!Problems!

A big hello to all you riders that do not have to put theirs bikes away because of weather. You are a lucky bunch.

I did not get to ride much this year. I would say lucky if I did 1000 miles. Well winter is coming so yesterday I took the bike out for a final ride to fill with gas, seafoam and change the oil. The temp was -1 Celsius, but I was dressed for it so never felt the cold. Just felt the joy of the ride, and sadness for having to put it away for the next several months.

I'll have to get my thrills here on the Venture site to carry me thru the winter.

I started putting a blanket over my bike to keep the dust off of it during the winter too :stickpoke: But I try to ride it to work every Sunday across town as long as it isn't snowing or icy. We've had some really out-of-season weather here in Nebraska. It was in the 60s the entire Thanksgiving weekend even if the day after was one of the windiest days I've ever seen! Good thinking on the seafoam, but you're gonna have to do some extra miles next season! These old girls hate sittin:happy65: